Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rooke

Rooke

Been in the 40s as a low so we are good for a bit...dont worry they will perk back up later in the day. It takes several hours.
They all got fed yesterday morning so they should be happy that way. Today is solstice day a reminder that winter is coming my forecast for the next week is looking great my gals are looking great other than drooping I’m sure they’ve fine. Take care you two!

Rooke

Rooke

just curious how people determine how far apart to put their plants/trees so that they don't shade one another
Hey there, I guess it depends on the strain and your growing style pot size and nutrition. I like to grow bigger plants But I can’t always put them farther apart but I have to keep mine hidden I grow in the bush. But generally speaking 12 feet should give you enough room I’m thinking? Anyone else care to reply please🙏

frebo

frebo

Hey there, I guess it depends on the strain and your growing style pot size and nutrition. I like to grow bigger plants But I can’t always put them farther apart but I have to keep mine hidden I grow in the bush. But generally speaking 12 feet should give you enough room I’m thinking? Anyone else care to reply please🙏
yes I like 10-12’. Not 5-6’. I kept finding clones that I just had to have. I have a GG4 and a Blessed Hellride I can’t even see.
33AB6EA9 2562 4548 942C 7A9A279AF2A9

middleagedude

middleagedude

Looks like you still have a weekor two by the color of your pistils
For sure. Thanks. I’m guessing these two have closer to two weeks. There are a few branches on each where almost all the hairs have turned, and I’m trying to chop before the bud rot gets too crazy.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, I tend to agree it's dependent on what you plant to achieve and the potential of what you've got. Planning for a little more distance is probably the safer bet, if you've got lot's of space, and it's not an issue.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Netting 12-15ft tall plants with no precuts and no ladders... so much faster and easier with less labor!
Thanks! so the netting is critical at this stage and appears to be continually maintained and upgraded, to keep it from collapsing, branches breaking off and whatnot, especially as they get heavier during the ripening phase?

Is this similar to what they use for say hops? Do you have structures on the inside that we cannot see (at this point) in the pictures?

Average

Average

Thanks! so the netting is critical at this stage and appears to be continually maintained and upgraded, to keep it from collapsing, branches breaking off and whatnot, especially as they get heavier during the ripening phase?

Is this similar to what they use for say hops? Do you have structures on the inside that we cannot see (at this point) in the pictures?

The 2x2's on the ground extend the t-posts that have been overgrown. Should have used 10ft t-posts.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The 2x2's on the ground extend the t-posts that have been overgrown. Should have used10ft t-posts.

I notice how closely they grew together, was that by design? or perhaps just good fortune that they got so huge and moved into one another?

Some Giant Sequoia, Sequoiadendron giganteum I have planted for putting in the spots where I might choose to cut down a few trees. (for making a grow area) I'm pretty sure these replacement trees will do just fine up there in the mountains.

IMG 20200921 160901
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
By design... every sqft full.
So your regulated by sq footage?

Pineapple Kush, ready or not here I come!

I would maybe consider looking at those trichomes close up to the bud and ignoring some of those ambers on the sugar leafs, unless conditions dictate otherwise, you might benefit from letting it go a few more days.

Make your decisions based upon what you see on the surface of the buds themselves. I'm sure some of these outdoor growers with much experience might have some even better insight into this situation, than I. But I think waiting might be worthwhile. It does look close.

Last edited:
Top Bottom