Let's see your 2023 outdoor grow!

• Thread starter shaganja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Damn, you are setting the bar pretty high for us mere mortals.
My overgrown weed patch is a disgrace compared to the orderly treatment you give the girls.
How far apart are the fence posts? and how tall are they?
And for gosh sakes how much time does it take to make them do that?
Gosh, thanks man. I try to respect the plants, and the earth they grow in. I try to learn a little more each year, and this year I got really lucky with great weather, and a plan that worked out ok.

Anyway, The steel T-Posts are spaced 4’ apart. These are 6 foot tall posts, but about 12” is underground, so the top of the post is at about 5’. I buy the 4’ x 100’ roll of fencing for my scrog net. It’s not ideal. It cuts into the plants, and can leave sharp ends if cut and left uh, sharp. oh well. I live on a farm, so I use farm stuff.

I started seed April 15, and put out the seedlings on may 7th, started scrogging on June 15th, pictured below.
361180E4 76AB 4361 AEAD 13DBE53ED00C

cpurola

cpurola

Gosh, thanks man. I try to respect the plants, and the earth they grow in. I try to learn a little more each year, and this year I got really lucky with great weather, and a plan that worked out ok.

Anyway, The steel T-Posts are spaced 4’ apart. These are 6 foot tall posts, but about 12” is underground, so the top of the post is at about 5’. I buy the 4’ x 100’ roll of fencing for my scrog net. It’s not ideal. It cuts into the plants, and can leave sharp ends if cut and left uh, sharp. oh well. I live on a farm, so I use farm stuff.

I started seed April 15, and put out the seedlings on may 7th, started scrogging on June 15th, pictured below.
View attachment 2049553
Thanks for the info. Don't know if I'll go all the way and SCROG, but I'm certainly going to use the fence posts and space the plants out properly.
I'd like to walk between them without ducking under twine strung everywhere tying tomatoe cages together.
And sometimes that just doesn't work too well anymore. We had 3 days of rain and when I got a chance to go to the back acre to look at my plants I found:
20230929 133441

I stood her back up, but man I nearly cried.

O

Oakeso1

Does giving water less often in late flower help speed the process up?
No. But there are several reasons why you might want to. Some growers believe that subjecting plants to drier conditions at the end will increase trichome production, as the plant seeks to protect it's flowers from the environmental stress. Also, drying out the plant prior to harvest might speed the drying process as there is naturally less moisture in the plant tissues. Personally, I stop watering my plants one week before harvest.

Top Bottom