Lets Talk Condensate

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

The expresso machine is a hunk of junk. Really I kick myself in the ass everytime I make a shot. It’s like smoking kind nuggs in a plastic pipe.
The coffee is brewed by the cup with a v60 cone filter and a goose neck kettle for pouring control. I control the water contact time, grind size and coffee to water ratio.You have to pour the water in circles the size of a quarter to half dollar.
The goal is to pour 25 grams of water wait 25 seconds for the coffee to bloom then a continues pour till the 1:30 mark then you can pull the filter between 2:30-3:00.View attachment 817439
All that work for a cup of coffee and you’re too lazy to wash a fuckin smart pot ? Shame.... Jk. I started buying poly grow bags so I could trash em every round. They work great and cheap as hell

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
All that work for a cup of coffee and you’re too lazy to wash a fuckin smart pot ? Shame.... Jk. I started buying poly grow bags so I could trash em every round. They work great and cheap as hell
Best cup of coffee you ever had buddy! It’s only worth it on high dollar beans, your coffee from the grocery store would taste just as bad in a v60:D
*I trash the pots because they are beat and stretched out after 1 run. Root balls are embedded in them and the only way to get em out is beat them out.
28 two gallons gives me between 8-10 lbs, sometimes a little more if I’m lucky.
It would take me a few hours to get them clean like new. And they would still be stretched. It makes more sense to buy new ones, I don’t do hard backbending labor for ten bucks an hour lol

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I got a bunn,it sounds much easier than your rig haha.im on my 3rd pot now,my wife drinks half cup from each of the first 2 and leaves the 3rd for me to finish lol.
Prison coffee? :badboy: A cup of my coffee would have you speeding around the house until your tolerance builds up.
The coffee’s I brew have zero bitter asshole taste that you get from the store.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Lmao my family stems from Cherokee well my fathers side my great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee my aunt also lives on a reservation. TBH most ppl think I'm Mexican lmao . I'm with the sticks and stones. when I was a kid names ment nothing it's was how good you were with your fist .

E

elboaf

you would want to filter condensate really well. have you ever looked at the drain hose from your mini split ? yuck

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

you would want to filter condensate really well. have you ever looked at the drain hose from your mini split ? yuck
That has Nothing to do with the water quality. That has to do with oxygen and contaminates mixing together with the flowing water going hey the lines. The water flowing thru is pure. The line itself is not. As long as you’re not storing it in a container that’s dirty the water should be pure water

E

elboaf

That has Nothing to do with the water quality. That has to do with oxygen and contaminates mixing together with the flowing water going hey the lines. The water flowing thru is pure. The line itself is not. As long as you’re not storing it in a container that’s dirty the water should be pure water

but its not pure, its dripping off the evaporation coil along with whatever dust and bacteria was in your air.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

but its not pure, its dripping off the evaporation coil along with whatever dust and bacteria was in your air.
There is filters in any decent dehumidifier. Those pull water VAPOR thru them into the tank where it condenses. Hence “condensate”. No solids get thru the filter unless you’re running a shotty dehuey. Dirty lines and all that is user error. The water is pure when it turns from vapor to liquid.

E

elboaf

There is filters in any decent dehumidifier. Those pull water VAPOR thru them into the tank where it condenses. Hence “condensate”. No solids get thru the filter unless you’re running a shotty dehuey. Dirty lines and all that is user error. The water is pure when it turns from vapor to liquid.
i mean, i guess if your dehumidifier or AC has a hepa filter or something that will filter out >7 micron before condensing then sure im with you

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

i mean, i guess if your dehumidifier or AC has a hepa filter or something that will filter out >7 micron before condensing then sure im with you
I hear what you’re saying, but my condensate reads <5 ppm and the ph is stable. I would think any bad bacteria would cause the ph to swing. Not to mention the plants don’t know the difference. They love it.
Now if you’re running a sterile hydroponics system I would probably agree with you. Without a UV cleanser and proper filters i wouldn’t use it. Although I think it would be fine.

P

PharmHand

If there’s that much dust and debris blowing around your room it’s landing directly on and inside of your buds. I’d be far more concerned about that than some “potential” dust and debris ending up in my feed water. Mine drips into a res, it is pristine. Think of the miles of pipe your tap water runs through on the way to your house.... and it’s source.... How clean is that? My condensate is 4-6ppm

sixstring

sixstring

do you think thats worse than the thousands and thousands of growers using well water or god forbid tap water from a water(sewage) treatment plant,and running through most likely rusty ,corroded pipes ? i mean have you ever looked at a r/o membrane after its been in use for a few weeks,they are nasty as fuck ? is that r/o water not purified enough for growing? people get so hung up on the weirdest shit lol. like think about all the crazy shit that touches a hamburger before it goes in my tummy,starting with the blood and mucus flowing through the animal,to the slaughter process,to the meat grinder which may or may not be cleaned daily haha.i think my plants in pots of DIRT which came from the earth growing in soil with worms,can handle a lil icky slime from my drain lines on my a/c :cool:

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

I have a 50pint dehum with a drain hose connected to a Camco RV style water hose filter draining into a res. - the filter isnt 100% necessary, because the unit has an air filter, the condensate comes out single digit ppm anyway. I've used this for years - no plagues.
I would have the unit dripping straight into automatic feed lines but I only use this method 6 months of the year.

Top Bottom