lets talk overgrow.com

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
First clones I ever had and kept were a badass version of NYCD that BOG actually did as a giveaway contest and the real deal Arcata Trainwreck cut from the late Dr.Jay Cavanaugh...My oldest friend on the boards had these in his stable and sent it to me as a gift in like '97 or '98 i think....I blew that shit out for years but those were it, the rest was a mad seed run day in and day out

Tex

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Still have a few coin packs left but generosity took out most of the collection over time....

Used to freak me out to see the envelope arrive from HS after going through God knows how many postal sorting facilities...with an outline of the coin pack(s) inside noticeably visible. I don't think the PO had a clue...but back then when ordering seeds wasn't as common as it is today and the entire scene was far more under wraps...it was still a freaker.View attachment 277717
No such thing as stealth shipping then,Post office might not have had a clue but once anyone else saw one they knew exactly what it was.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I had a few big seed orders snagged at one time or another, mainly from US customs...they would stick their letter in there in place of your seeds, that always stresses you out..

Tex

soserthc1

soserthc1

this is such a cool thread. I never was on the net until this site, but i've been doing my thing since around '97. I love the history of the game. Keep it comin.
could not of said it better myself , i can read this shit all day and this was my first forum ... after youtube video's scared me to much .... keep it coming old heads i can read this shit all day long .......

soserthc1

soserthc1

that an old sudcool pack in there...fucking kool shit sky...id give my left nut to have some old stock like that:D
I would love to have some to Jim but I think i'll keep both of my nuts...... lmao.... how about a limb or a toe or something....

Illmind

Illmind

the grow reports were way awesome and detailed as well.. very easy to get lost on that site for hours... man i been craving a dope sativa like jacks cleaner or tw lately..havent enjoyed jc for loong time.. o well pre98 bubba x tw nugs will do for now... man was just thinkin about sharon ww cutty lone had she sounded and looked grailish..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Somebody actually snagged all the FAQ's, grow reports, and strain guide at one point when the site was still up...it was in some coded format and then they figured it out, no pics but all the verbage was there still

Jojorizo, Bros Grimm, Memy, Dman, etc.....Dutch Flowers strains goin for $1600 bucks a pack at auction and that was ten years ago

Sharon WW was a killer, I did the cut and the F2's and F3's for minute

Tex

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Somebody actually snagged all the FAQ's, grow reports, and strain guide at one point when the site was still up...it was in some coded format and then they figured it out, no pics but all the verbage was there still

Jojorizo, Bros Grimm, Memy, Dman, etc.....Dutch Flowers strains goin for $1600 bucks a pack at auction and that was ten years ago

Sharon WW was a killer, I did the cut and the F2's and F3's for minute

Tex
thanks tex ...i didnt think any one was gonna bite on that question

symbiote420

symbiote420

Just wanted to say this is a great thread! TK you're providing a wealth of cannabis knowledge dude ....I love hearing about all the killer strain of the past! Idk why there's so much confusion on strain lineage, aren't the cats that bred some of them still online or involved in the community in some way or another!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Just wanted to say this is a great thread! TK you're providing a wealth of cannabis knowledge dude ....I love hearing about all the killer strain of the past! Idk why there's so much confusion on strain lineage, aren't the cats that bred some of them still online or involved in the community in some way or another!
I always have thought this and have asked this one question and it has never been answered in regards to the chem - og kush saga .... obviously everyone knows the chem dawg amp theater story well chem dawg got the weed from wonderkid or joeb or something to that effect (maybe tk can step in here) but obviously this person is known and he had to get the weed from someone , so hence wouldn't the person that grew the weed that wonderkid / joe b got it from be able to tell the linage but found this on seed finder and sounds pretty accurate to me but what do i know as i have never been on the west coast but here it is , feedback encouraged Story #2: (by Kailua kid from sierra seeds:)
In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to Mike(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 Mike sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. Mike sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. Mike sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba.

Lineage: Chemdog x [Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]

Info on the different cuttings of OG Kush:

* Tahoe: cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.
* Larry: The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from
* SFV: There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve
* Ghost: This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.
* Tripple OG: This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
* Abusive: This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.
* SAC#2: Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.
* P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G: Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
* Apothecary: O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999
* Diablo: This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley
* Raskal's OG: Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OGraskal
* HA OG: Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.
* Poison OG: Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96
* SAC#1 & SAC#3: #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara........... keep in mind story number 1 is the chem dawg story which is true and is chem dawg still around does he grow/breed or have anything to do with the cannabis community anymore

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Crazy Composer, Reeferman, Bacchus, Marco, Shanti, Ghost, Lonestar, Heath Robison, 3little birds, etc.. and oh my god Krusty was so damn hardcore and intertaining..man there was some badass cats to follow...I used to read like 6 hours a day and i mean read not jump around ADD styley...I even liked Gypsy and DG when they were on there and in the early years of IC when I was around there.

Here is a little Krusty love.....I mean really now

Tex

Krusty9
Krusty11
Krusty12

Latest posts

Top Bottom