lets talk overgrow.com

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yo TK would you lead me in the right direction i would love to grow.out some Dj Short beans!

sky high

sky high

Heaven's Stairway

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heaven's Stairway was an Eastern Canadian cannabis seedbank, supplying around 300 different cannabis strains. Established in 1998, the Montreal-based company imported seeds from New Zealand and the Netherlands and shipped them worldwide, especially to customers in Canada, the United States and Europe. On or around January 31, 2006, the company was raided and their websites were taken down. A two-year investigation by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's Project Courriel seized 200,000 cannabis seeds, US $183,000 and three gold bricks. The company's owner Richard Hratch Baghdadlian, 38, aka Richard Calrisian, from Marsan Street in Montreal, and six other persons who operated the Heaven’s Stairway company have been charged with importing and trafficking in cannabis.[1][2]

The cyber company Heaven’s Stairway used the Internet sites hempqc.com, cannabisworld.com, overgrow.com, eurohemp.com, cannabisseeds.com, and cannabisbay.com. These sites were used to order cannabis seeds online and obtain information on cannabis cultivation. Topics included cannabis growing, cultivation articles, cannabis seeds, pictures and FAQs.[3]

Overgrow.com, the largest cannabis grow site in the world at the time of its demise, was acquired by Baghdadlian in 2002. Overgrow.com was founded in 1999 and fought for the legalization of cannabis by teaching people how to grow their own marijuana.[4] The site was equipped with a unique feature known as the "StrainGuide", which allowed users to search for their favorite type of cannabis by genetic lineage. Having been featured in Maxim and High Times magazines, their forums were a popular place for members a place to chat and socialize, and at its peak had 6,016,336 posts from more than 133,700 registered members.

It should also be noted that the DEA, and the UN's International Narcotics Control Board held an active interest in the prosecution of Canadian seedbanks. The INCB in its Report for the year 1999 said: "The Board notes with concern the indoor cultivation of very potent cannabis varieties is being promoted through the sale of both cannabis seeds and paraphenelia for growing cannabis over the internet through websites located primarily on servers in Canada. There is an urgent need for action required to counter the spread of such cultivation."

Shitlo Gicsays

Shitlo Gicsays

Got my packet still from HS,then two weeks later she went down!!!
ALL what Texas Kid says is true!
I was on there for years,but hardly posted anything!
Silver Haze and Kush Hash Plant,were the parent stock,some members were throwing seeds back and forward,resulting in the OG Kush,if my memory serves me right!
The shutting down was more about the info censorship,than the seed speading!
Strains I bought and grew were;
Mikado,Titan,Heavey Hash,Black Burmese,Island Sweet Skunk,Brenda's Skunk,
TexadaTimewarp,Blue Moonshine,Shiva Skunk,Orange Bud,Fuckin Incredible,Reeferman Grapefruit,Blue Pearl,Bdui x Shark Shock and MANY others!!!
Spitfire ,holds some of these OLD timers genes!
I have some RARE articles in CC,where Shanti tells Breeder Steve that White Widow came from Mullebimbi Madness seeds!!! STRANGE???

sky high

sky high

Still have a few coin packs left but generosity took out most of the collection over time....

Used to freak me out to see the envelope arrive from HS after going through God knows how many postal sorting facilities...with an outline of the coin pack(s) inside noticeably visible. I don't think the PO had a clue...but back then when ordering seeds wasn't as common as it is today and the entire scene was far more under wraps...it was still a freaker.
IMG 1013

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Still have a few coin packs left but generosity took out most of the collection over time....

Used to freak me out to see the envelope arrive from HS after going through God knows how many postal sorting facilities...with an outline of the coin pack(s) inside noticeably visible. I don't think the PO had a clue...but back then when ordering seeds wasn't as common as it is today and the entire scene was far more under wraps...it was still a freaker.View attachment 277717
that an old sudcool pack in there...fucking kool shit sky...id give my left nut to have some old stock like that:D

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Jim,check out them pictures in post 70,and tell me,how far "forward" we have gone???
they did all the work for us tho..;)....could you imagine pheno hunting in them days....holy fuck man seed stock was by the millions...billion prolly ...

green punk

green punk

this is such a cool thread. I never was on the net until this site, but i've been doing my thing since around '97. I love the history of the game. Keep it comin.

I agree cool story being told here. Sounds like a fun place to catch up and learn. I was never on a weed site ever. I had not and would not even think about weed and and a computer until I got root aphids. I was so desperate. I eventually said fuck it, and googled the symptoms and end up here on Lil Miss' RA thread (RIP).

Did they ever talk about Root Aphids on OG?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
my old man has old seed stock from way back...i might have to hit him up and see what he has...he lived in the hills of kentucky for a while in the 80's

Shitlo Gicsays

Shitlo Gicsays

That's where it ALL came from,Tenesee Tea,Kentucky Hucky!!
I wrote some great info here about nailing down good genes in Sativa,but Logic threw it out!
When MWD,pops the Spitfire,you'll SEE what I mean!!!

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
That's where it ALL came from,Tenesee Tea,Kentucky Hucky!!
I wrote some great info here about nailing down good genes in Sativa,but Logic threw it out!
When MWD,pops the Spitfire,you'll SEE what I mean!!!
hell man one time when i was like 14 man dad took me to his room , and on his bed was a big ass box of seeds that he had been stashing back...it was seeds all bagged and labbled..best smokes he ever had threw his life time...prolly a lot of crazy old mexi shit ...fuck who knows ..i know he tryd to make the best description of it he could and dates

A

Alfred Element

Man, Seedsdirect used to ship the beans inside 2 large metal washers superglued together taped to a card. I get this mysterious envelope in the mail and no doubt, this heavy bulky metal thing in there. Once, the impression in the envelope made from the mail sorters must have ripped a part around the washer. A quick peek would have revealed the seeds.. of course always addressed to a totally fake name like Alfred E. Neuman etc.

Those days Steve Tuck had legal issues, I mailed $50 cash to him for his fund, and he sent me 20 Herijuana beans.. grew them out, bomb smoke but I was so into Bros. Grimm gear then, I had A11, then C99 and couldnt decide: Sugar Blossoms or Rosseta Stone. Never did get anymore Grimm gear as $150 for 10 beans was alot in those days..( even today thats alot..) even though they were worth every penny.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
so my next question is... how did the growFAQS forum come about at the farm ?

sky high

sky high

Re: Cloning ---- folks were certainly cloning back then, jim. "Elite" clones were flying around just like they do today....it was just much harder to make the hook (IMO) because folks weren't as open with it all as we are today. It took me 6 months to secure my first cuts from a friend of a friend...and they were $50 each. (and I had no clue how to clone when they first arrived, but quickly figured it all out) We tried to find quality seeds for YEARS.....and a friend went to the Dam in '94.....but he was an idiot and didn't protect the seeds he bought and they were dust when they arrived in the mail. Very disappointing stuff at the time!

HS really opened things up as many/most seed suppliers back then wouldn't ship to the US and seemed to exist solely to tell us that fact.... even though most of the genetics the Dutch were using originated from the US.

Latest posts

Top Bottom