Lets Talk Plant Stages Of Life

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Well I hope the title of the tread kind of states the general terms used in cannabis stages of life
We have some new terms that have been coined that are not really actual stages of the cannabis plant life.
The first one I would like to take on is Pre Veg. Anyone use this term? Veg starts the first day the plants sprouts and comes out of the ground
Next we have preflower. It is a term coined on forums such as this. We should only be using Veg and Flower
Another one would be Transition, we do not have a stage called transition. We have Veg and Flower.
If any of this is questionable to you that use these terms, let me start off by asking a question. Do you see the nutrient companies that just love to sale you nutrients having bottles for Pre Veg or Pre Flower. The simple answer is no. They use the terms Veg and Bloom. Did they get it wrong?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Veg tends to just mean not under 12/12 (or other flowering cycle light timing) and flower just means under flower cycle lighting. Should there be a term for the veg period from seed, when the plant isn't mature enough to flower, no matter what the light timing, and another for vegging a mature plant?

XxHammer

XxHammer

Rooting/Seedling Stage is still a term used. It is used for the period in the plants life when majority of the plants energy is spent underneath the soil in root development as opposed to leaf production. And you declaring there to only be a Veg and a Flower stage is your opinion. There are 100's and 1000's of resources that would not agree with you.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

🤷‍♂️

Anthem

Anthem

Rooting/Seedling Stage is still a term used. It is used for the period in the plants life when majority of the plants energy is spent underneath the soil in root development as opposed to leaf production. And you declaring there to only be a Veg and a Flower stage is your opinion. There are 100's and 1000's of resources that would not agree with you.
You are rigtht lets add Rooting/Seedling to stages. The point is really there is not such thing as Preflower and Transition. So my bad for not posting Rooting/Seedling Stage. Do you any idea why they call it Rooting/Seedling Stage? As in what would be the difference?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agree with @Anthem!

Don’t help the cannabis specific companies make up more terms to sell stuff for. They use uneducated growers on forums and social media to drive product sales. Shady practice.

And many tissue tests have shown cannabis only uses one ratio for nutrition. 2-1-3 is about right. Advanced nutrients for example has posted this info and still sells tons of unneeded bottles. And so does dyna gro.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Nobody is arguing that the main stages of growth are veg and bloom. He used nutrient companies as his example to prove he was right. So I seen a nutrient company that states there is a seedling stage before veg and a transition stage before the plant begins to flower..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I never said there was, I just pointed out the basic 3 elements of the nutrient line. Just as I did in the example I posted

You used the name of Gro and Bloom to say those are the only stages of growth.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
there is birth, the stage where you dont change the light then the stage you do change the light then death.

i happen to agree that seedling is a stage, if we were talking scientifically. but we are in a weed forum where people speak a new language, and new people should learn it to communicate. it is nice that we stomp our feet and say what we read, but we are here now, and this thread has been posted and chewed up at least 7 times this month. the majority on the forum agree, it is in dirt, then it is in veg then you change the light and poof, it is in flower. seems simple enough. if you start off communicating your issues to someone here to help you, i would think you would, out of respect, learn to speak their language... i mean, if they come to you, you can insist on the words you want, but you post for help, and you say your plant is 3 weeks old and is in its first week of veg, you will spend 10 pages arguing that while your issue kills your plants!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

And I agree nobody needs 17 different bottles of nutrients. Basically one nutrient profile can be used throughout the entire life of a plant, with a slight change towards the end.

Anthem

Anthem

Nobody is arguing that the main stages of growth are veg and bloom. He used nutrient companies as his example to prove he was right. So I seen a nutrient company that states there is a seedling stage before veg and a transition stage before the plant begins to flower..
I do agree that the amount of Nutrients needs differ as the plant is growing but there is not such stage of life past seedling, veg and bloom. Transition and preflower are just for the newbies to add more nutrients to their plants and for the nutrient companies to sell more product. I posted the Athena Proline on purpose because it is manufactured and distributed by one of the largest nutrient companies in the US. Secondly, the same company is manufacturing products for other nutrient companies. Take a look at Grow More for yourself. I use their line because it is cheap and the plant does not know the difference between dry nutrients and the stuff you buy at the hydro store what is all water and comes with a green tax

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Well I hope the title of the tread kind of states the general terms used in cannabis stages of life
We have some new terms that have been coined that are not really actual stages of the cannabis plant life.
The first one I would like to take on is Pre Veg. Anyone use this term? Veg starts the first day the plants sprouts and comes out of the ground
Next we have preflower. It is a term coined on forums such as this. We should only be using Veg and Flower
Another one would be Transition, we do not have a stage called transition. We have Veg and Flower.
If any of this is questionable to you that use these terms, let me start off by asking a question. Do you see the nutrient companies that just love to sale you nutrients having bottles for Pre Veg or Pre Flower. The simple answer is no. They use the terms Veg and Bloom. Did they get it wrong?
Why do you care so much? Does it bother you that much to make a thread to try to get a debate going about this topic? Do wut works for you and call it wutever you want as long as the outcome is fat nugs!!

growsince79

growsince79

Veg tends to just mean not under 12/12 (or other flowering cycle light timing) and flower just means under flower cycle lighting. Should there be a term for the veg period from seed, when the plant isn't mature enough to flower, no matter what the light timing, and another for vegging a mature plant?
You mean like my Colombian that was in flower 77 days before it made a pistil? I think I'm about 130 days in flower now. Would it be proper to call it an 8-9 week strain or is it a 20 week strain?

Anthem

Anthem

Why do you care so much? Does it bother you that much to make a thread to try to get a debate going about this topic? Do wut works for you and call it wutever you want as long as the outcome is fat nugs!!
OK so here we have the classic newbie that is going to do exactly what the point of this tread was posted to show. Do what works for you and call it whatever you want as long as the outcome is fat nugs. Well it makes it really hard to help people when they do not understand terms. Oh I am in Pre-Flower. Oh I am in Transition. Keep it simple stupid. We have Seedling, Veg and Bloom. If you start saying I am in the first week of flower and someone with knowledge you do not pose looks at your plant and tells you what the plant needs he could be telling you the wrong thing because your use of the terms is incorrect.

Anthem

Anthem

You used the name of Gro and Bloom to say those are the only stages of growth.
And you really do not know that Gro is Veg and Bloom is Flower? These terms are interchanged regularly in the cannabis industry. It is kind of like Cleenex and Tissue.

Top Bottom