Lets Talk Plant Stages Of Life

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
OK so here we have the classic newbie that is going to do exactly what the point of this tread was posted to show. Do what works for you and call it whatever you want as long as the outcome is fat nugs. Well it makes it really hard to help people when they do not understand terms. Oh I am in Pre-Flower. Oh I am in Transition. Keep it simple stupid. We have Seedling, Veg and Bloom. If you start saying I am in the first week of flower and someone with knowledge you do not pose looks at your plant and tells you what the plant needs he could be telling you the wrong thing because your use of the terms is incorrect.
So you’re saying all you very experienced growers are not going to understand when someone uses one of these terms? You really won’t understand? We post on these forums for help not to have some elitist grower tell us we are using the wrong terms or play stupid like you don’t understand what we are asking when we post a question using a term you don’t like. You don’t have to like it but ppl aren’t gonna change any term to fit into your box to make you feel comfortable.

Madbud

Madbud

Preflower is when the nodes alternate, do not top in this stage.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So you’re saying all you very experienced growers are not going to understand when someone uses one of these terms? You really won’t understand? We post on these forums for help not to have some elitist grower tell us we are using the wrong terms or play stupid like you don’t understand what we are asking when we post a question using a term you don’t like. You don’t have to like it but ppl aren’t gonna change any term to fit into your box to make you feel comfortable.

You are trying to dictate how experienced growers are supposed to help you for free?

What has happened to being a student of something?

And I wanted to add I think stretch or transition to indicate the first weeks of flower is a useful term.

And autos are why we are all screwed up about this I think.

growsince79

growsince79

there is birth, the stage where you dont change the light then the stage you do change the light then death.

i happen to agree that seedling is a stage, if we were talking scientifically. but we are in a weed forum where people speak a new language, and new people should learn it to communicate. it is nice that we stomp our feet and say what we read, but we are here now, and this thread has been posted and chewed up at least 7 times this month. the majority on the forum agree, it is in dirt, then it is in veg then you change the light and poof, it is in flower. seems simple enough. if you start off communicating your issues to someone here to help you, i would think you would, out of respect, learn to speak their language... i mean, if they come to you, you can insist on the words you want, but you post for help, and you say your plant is 3 weeks old and is in its first week of veg, you will spend 10 pages arguing that while your issue kills your plants!
In Georgia they call large mouth bass trout. In oklahoma the call bluegill perch. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
seems to me, since you "post on these forums for help" you would try and speak the language of the helper, not make, nay, EXPECT them to learn yours.

you dont go to a foreign country and insist they help you in your language, you BEG them, and you would not insult the way in which they help!

growsince79

growsince79

why not? And you can have preflowers before the plant alternates nodes imo. I have seen plants at week 3 with tiny pistils.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
seems to me, since you "post on these forums for help" you would try and speak the language of the helper, not make, nay, EXPECT them to learn yours.

you dont go to a foreign country and insist they help you in your language, you BEG them, and you would not insult the way in which they help!
I know the language of the helper just as he knows all the terms “newbs” use so what’s the issue? Is someone says they are in week 1 veg day 14 from seed I don’t understand the issue. I know all the proper language for plant stages but I do include a “seedling” stage. It’s just a way for me to record my progress that’s just how I do it so it really doesn’t effect anyone else. Everyone charts their progress a little bit different 🤷‍♂️

Anthem

Anthem

I know the language of the helper just as he knows all the terms “newbs” use so what’s the issue? Is someone says they are in week 1 veg day 14 from seed I don’t understand the issue. I know all the proper language for plant stages but I do include a “seedling” stage. It’s just a way for me to record my progress that’s just how I do it so it really doesn’t effect anyone else. Everyone charts their progress a little bit different 🤷‍♂️
Yep you my friend are a Newbie. Welcome to the farm!

growsince79

growsince79

Agree. If someone says 2+2 is 18 whats the problem?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
In Georgia they call large mouth bass trout. In oklahoma the call bluegill perch. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

yes, you think it is dumb, and before i lived there, and i suppose even now i do to... but if i wanted to catch and eat them, i called them as the locals do, and i did enjoy eating them! ...and they call crappy speckled perch and all pan fish are bream.

people would tell the locals how dumb it was, and ask for a bass. they would send them to town and tell them to turn at the red light... we didnt have a light

moral is, you want help, use the vernacular.

Anthem

Anthem

Ok so can someone in the classroom tell me the difference between seedling and rooting?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
biologically the seedling stage is when the plant is concentrating its energy on developing its root system. rooting is what a pig does when hunting trufffles

Anthem

Anthem

biologically the seedling stage is when the plant is concentrating its energy on developing its root system. rooting is what a pig does when hunting trufffles
I like that one but I believe there is maybe another answer. First half is correct but do they maybe meaning it is a cut rooting? Either way the feed schedules are too high for the plant and they will burn if you follow them!

growsince79

growsince79

That cannot be the Columbian, what is the strain?
One of my own creations. 661kush (kern kounty kush) x MacRiddle. 12-12 from seed. Wife didn't like kkk name so we call it 661MacRriddle.

Top Bottom