Lies our fathers told us humidity

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Knowledge is a hard thing to swallow. Galileo had his trails trying to explain the truth. Hell I was banned here at the Farm for giving out bad growing advice when I said I run at 70% rh. It takes time for people to get rid of their myths. People like Jorge and Ed sucked dick back in the day. They just went around taking pics of peoples grows and recyling the growers shit with no basis to back up their bs with studies. Pretty pis are fine but I get to hear these guys whine when their rooms take a dump. Everyone is a killer grower till the shit hits the fan. People who rely on eagle 20 are weak kneed. passing on poison because you can not run a room. Foliar sprays of K silicate and some sulfur burns actually help prevent. Total control of your room is a hard thing to accomplish unless your a trust fund baby, but that is what you need.I have said this for a long time 68* water/78* air/ 65-70% rh If you have problems wraping your head around this look to see what the values are in Thailand,Mali, Hawaii, Mexico you know all those places where the have shitty herb. Suerte JK

thats cool ,but what are the conditions in afganistan?are you saying the best weed in the world is from high rh climates?you lost me at mexico lol

J

Jalisco Kid

Yeah I will say lowland afi is better tasting then the highland herb, some goes for paki or lumbo. When you see those dry rocky mts, it is in the valleys where most things grow. If that was a dig at our herbs I guess you have just had tourist crap. I have smoked some herb here that not the best og could touch as far as flavor and strength.no lol. JK

sixstring

sixstring

yeah im sure there is some good stuff south of the border,they just dont send it north ;)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

However, the relative humidity of the air does need to be high for spore germination. Therefore, the disease is common in crowded plantings where air circulation is poor and in damp, shaded areas. Incidence of infection increases as relative humidity rises to 90 percent

that^^^^ was taken from lex's post and from a college so i have to assume it to be true right? is it possible to have low humidity and not have wet leaves all the time?i'll answer that,,,yes,keep some space between your girls and keep the air moving good and you will do fine. other then a handfull of growers here at this site i have never heard to run marijuana rooms like you are growing lettuce @ 65-70% rh.and after having it and making a few simple changes in my room along with reading many many articles just like that one lex posted i prefer lower rh and so do my plants.personally i think my buds are stronger and finish faster @ 35% then they did @ 50% and i ran 50% for a solid year before dropping to where im running now.been @ 30-35% for at least a year with good results.

After I posted that, I noticed a couple typo's in it. They say PM requires a wet leaf surface to infect, but then goes on to say it will not infect a wet leaf surface. It says PM is most severe in dry weather, but needs to have high RH for germination.

So there are a couple contradictions that I think were typo's. Spore germination does not need high RH, I honestly think thats what they meant. Same thing with wet leaf surfaces, I think they meant PM does not require wet leaf surfaces.

Also, that article I posted never said to run RH at or below 50%, it said RH over 90% will increase chances of infection. There is a big difference between 65% and 90% RH.

The basement I grow in has mildew all over the walls, I put clear plastic wrapping over the walls and ceiling, but its not 100% sealed. The RH in this room hits around 70% every night and I have never gotten any mildew on my plants. I think the sanitation, high light levels and good air movement help to prevent my plants from infection, plus I have healthy plants, IMO anyways lol

If running RH at 30% works in your room, then do your thing bro, and good luck.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Yeah I will say lowland afi is better tasting then the highland herb, some goes for paki or lumbo. When you see those dry rocky mts, it is in the valleys where most things grow. If that was a dig at our herbs I guess you have just had tourist crap. I have smoked some herb here that not the best og could touch as far as flavor and strength.no lol. JK
Great to see you again, JK.
It was your advice coupled with my experience in the high rh Midwest that made me rethink humidity. I eventually found the vpd info and it's been a pleasure watching how fast the girls grow. And saved a few bucks on CO2.

I still have the deb's og beans. They will get their chance this year.

sixstring

sixstring

30% Rh in Veg?
only till they burn on the lights
Black rose dwc

then i chuck em into flower
Budface

M

Moses249

I try to run similar temperature and humidity at night as I do during the daytime.

you must have some kind of drop in temprature in flower when your lights shut off. do you combat this with a heater to try and keep the day and night tempratures close? I have def found that keeping the DIF between night and day temp wise makes for shorter stretch, shorter distances between nodes, and chunkier flowers. The question going around my head is that seemingly cannabis that is "cold grown" I.E. has a big DIF where it is much colder at night during flower seems to get super fucking frosty, resiny and just dank as fuck. Have you noticed less dankness in general when you have warmer night time conditions?

Additionaly, Say a flower room does have a large DIF and the temprature at night is cooler than the temp during the day, wouldn't that call for a diffrent RH to achieve a good VPD? most likely a slightly lower RH than during the day cuz the temps are lower at night?

Also does anyone have a LINK to a VPD table that was on one of these thc farmer threads? It was posted by the dude that calls himself the weed scienitist or chemist or some shit. It was green blue and white blocks indicating ideal temp and RH for best VPD.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Running a sealed environment meaning no intake or exhaust rules. It decreases chances for pathogens and diseases. I run 65-75% in veg and transition. It seems to spike at night some when lights off but i keep my room in check with a scrubber running and fans to help circulate. Vegged for 3 weeks, flipped and my lights are maxed out. Vpd rules and i stayed within my parameters with high temps as well as rh. My sunglasses fog everytime thats how i knew it was working.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

you must have some kind of drop in temprature in flower when your lights shut off. do you combat this with a heater to try and keep the day and night tempratures close? I have def found that keeping the DIF between night and day temp wise makes for shorter stretch, shorter distances between nodes, and chunkier flowers. The question going around my head is that seemingly cannabis that is "cold grown" I.E. has a big DIF where it is much colder at night during flower seems to get super fucking frosty, resiny and just dank as fuck. Have you noticed less dankness in general when you have warmer night time conditions?

Additionaly, Say a flower room does have a large DIF and the temprature at night is cooler than the temp during the day, wouldn't that call for a diffrent RH to achieve a good VPD? most likely a slightly lower RH than during the day cuz the temps are lower at night?

Also does anyone have a LINK to a VPD table that was on one of these thc farmer threads? It was posted by the dude that calls himself the weed scienitist or chemist or some shit. It was green blue and white blocks indicating ideal temp and RH for best VPD.
Google images vpd chart. Run sealed and you will crush

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

And I usually have one out of eight phenos that don't like that but still look healthy just not as vigorous

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Of course ten is the sweet spot but I finish at twelve and higher even which means drier and colder ;^}

sixstring

sixstring

maybe pot isnt like "most cultivated plants" and will adapt to very high or very low rh easily.mine seem to prefer a vpd of 20-23 based on that chart.i like to think my plants have more resin and more smells with a dryer rh and temps swings between day and night,kinda like the desert lol. i would bet my stuff would be more fluffy/leafy up top and def have more popcorn down low from all the extra shading with high rh but im open to new methods,still lookin around for some chunky frosty nugz grown in these high rh conditions but im still learning the site.have a looksee:)
Bh 057

Lights out 019

Mk chop  others 021

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Actually, pot is like most cultivated plants.....are you using RDWC??

Top Bottom