Lies our fathers told us humidity

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Healthy plants and a compost tea foliar but diluted and nothing with a ph lower 6.0 and would not ph adjust anything...if your ph is crazy change or combination or strength or nutrient solution

J

Jalisco Kid

A sulfur burn can get to places neem can not. K silicate seems to work best for me. Actually a well built room works better then chemical processes. JK
Anyone can grow green plants but striving for the best is what we are about here I thought. Yes you can have nice green plants in 30%rh,we adapt. But I would bet you would get more and a better product at higher rh%.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

If I have the luxury of lowering the rh in flower I do more and more towards the end especially the last two weeks as much as 20-30rh but first half of flowering 60rh and up to 80 rh in veg !

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

If I have the luxury of lowering the rh in flower I do more and more towards the end especially the last two weeks as much as 20-30rh but first half of flowering 60rh and up to 80 rh in veg !

That is what I was thinking as well. Last two weeks drop to 50 or 40 rh. Thanks for the info Caveman.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

NP and I believe it helps with preserving some delicate smells from some oils! But I have no scientific proof and it may not matter with all phenos but in under a strong impression it matters with my phenos... That's my disclaimer for those who think i am saying its fact.....I believe but I'm not sure it's scientific fact.....FWIW

M

Moses249

lots of good debate and opinions good shit

growstick has shown some real nice picture of some bomb ass floweirng plants that he says are done in forty percent or even lower humidity and they looking real nice.... so what is the deal.... are us people that think we need more humidity and looking at vpd charts just high on girl scout cookies? Is it possible that the vpd humidity is really strain specific? possible that some cannabis needs really high humidity while others does fine in a much larger range?

ttystikk

ttystikk

lots of good debate and opinions good shit

growstick has shown some real nice picture of some bomb ass floweirng plants that he says are done in forty percent or even lower humidity and they looking real nice.... so what is the deal.... are us people that think we need more humidity and looking at vpd charts just high on girl scout cookies? Is it possible that the vpd humidity is really strain specific? possible that some cannabis needs really high humidity while others does fine in a much larger range?

No. Humidity is a more basic requirement than differences in strain would explain. Higher humidity- to the limit of vpd- allows the plant to take up co2 faster, leading directly to improved growth rates, and ultimately yield.

No one is saying you can't produce great weed in dry conditions. What we ARE saying is that you'll produce a lot more more if it's higher.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

What about massive trees grown in desert part of country?

sky high

sky high

I saw a small increase in yield with higher humidity levels.

I also saw incidents of bud rot and what I think was PM.... neither of which I ever experienced in 20 years of growing >until< I started purposely fuckin with the humidity.

Using bigger pots of soil keeps the level @ about 35%, but since times have changed for me and I'm not focusing totally on >weight< these days, the humidifier is sitting idle and I haven't seen any bud rot/etc since I turned it off.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Those trees prove high RH is not necessary for massive yields....

They also prove that it takes longer. No one is saying that higher rh is required. What we are saying is that bumping the rh speeds things up. Faster growth means more product in a given period of time. As growers, our time is always limited by the length of the bloom cycle itself. Nothing tricky here, this not a tough concept...

ttystikk

ttystikk

I saw a small increase in yield with higher humidity levels.

I also saw incidents of bud rot and what I think was PM.... neither of which I ever experienced in 20 years of growing >until< I started purposely fuckin with the humidity.

Using bigger pots of soil keeps the level @ about 35%, but since times have changed for me and I'm not focusing totally on >weight< these days, the humidifier is sitting idle and I haven't seen any bud rot/etc since I turned it off.

I got PM at a relative humidity of 30%. For me, it was totally unrelated to rh. It was a function of no water on the leaves, plus poor air circulation, plus temperature swings overnight. The only change I made was to improve air movement through the canopy.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I honestly don't understand why it is so hard for some people to understand the fact that an ideal vpd will give your plants faster growth rates. Just because you are growing in a 30% RH environment, does not mean its ideal for your plants growth rate. When using a RDWC system correctly, it will increase growth rates beyond soil and other hydro systems, even with low RH, but if the vpd is in an optimal range and the other factors were dialed-in, then the growth would be even better.

Its like saying the world is flat, we all know science proved that the world is not flat, but since it looks flat with the naked eye, there were many people who said it was. Plants can look perfectly healthy when grown in low RH, but it does not mean they are growing as fast as they could be compared to a higher RH so the vpd is optimal, which increases co2 absorption. Not just cannabis, but lettuce and other plants have better co2 absorption rates when vpd is ideal.

This is botany 101, come on people!!!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Basic botany hmmmmmm... Lex correct me if I'm wrong but are you stating that one specific VPD is ideal for all cannabis? IF you are, hahahaha that is a good one. Let me be specific I don't think there is one specific VPD that is ideal for all cannabis. And one more thing. I know for a f'n fact that not all cannabis performs BETTER with a higher RH peace and you know the rest I'm sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom