Living Soil rockin Fire Alien Romulan, Goji OG and Fruity Pebbles

• Thread starter Mogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

update// plants liked dandelion extract, noticed growth spurt after application. giving water with some aloe and silica. have tea brewing now, alfalfa and kelp with some of Cap's bennies thrown in. i'll water and foilar with the tea. It was getting very crowded under the 600 MH and 4ft T-5, had to fire up the 1000 watter and get some plants under it. Pulled a few males, more to get the ax soon.

1845 mound 016

1845 mound 014

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No keepers amongst the boys, eh? They have the Bob Ross thing goin' on.

Mogrow

Mogrow

No keepers amongst the boys, eh? They have the Bob Ross thing goin' on.
got a couple spotted, they gotta be special....

little update, plants are vegging right along. gave them a botanical tea of dandelion and watercress, couple of the males really greened up, rest are reaching for the lights. have moved all the females to larger fabric pots where they will spend the rest of their days. both batches of the dirt seem to be working well, no deficiencies noted. have some under HPS, some still under MH. they will be flipped shortly.

Mogrow

Mogrow

flipped to 12/12 yesterday.
gave them a good alfalfa/kelp tea and foilar.
took cuts of a nice looking Goji and cuts from the 2 Fruity Pebbles females, they are the Wilma and Betty cuts :cool:.
think i need more odor control and new bulbs, also need EWC. looks like i'm driving 150 miles around trip to the "grow" store. being in rural amerika sucks in some regards.
enjoy the iris bed. also pic of the new strawberry bed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, I love the irises! They're about the only thing the deer don't chomp down to nubs, too. I need more of the super-dark purple irises, I ended up with mostly orange and orange-brown. Have some pink, some white, some white & purple, and some yellowish & purple. Oh, and some Dutch irises. We also have the native Sierra irises growing wild, but none on the property.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Oh, I love the irises! They're about the only thing the deer don't chomp down to nubs, too. I need more of the super-dark purple irises, I ended up with mostly orange and orange-brown. Have some pink, some white, some white & purple, and some yellowish & purple. Oh, and some Dutch irises. We also have the native Sierra irises growing wild, but none on the property.
The iris are in full bloom now, we have 4 different colors going now, the big purple ones are about played out, others are going full tilt. me and one of the grandbabies picked ms mogrow a bouquet of native flowers for mothers day, i was a star for a day, well maybe a couple hours...........

girls are liking being under the HPS, solid growth. topdressed most of the plants yesterday with EWC and some mulch. laid about 2 or 3 inches down. This should give them the extra push for going into flower. I want flower outputmaximus.

yesterday i mixed up some dirt for the next seed and clone run. started out with the dirt from the last veg run, i added 15 gallons of my homemade compost and 2 bags of EWC, store bought:confused:, some kelp, crushed limestone and rock phosphate, little dab of DE, and some neem and karanja meal. came back today soil was only slightly hot to the touch, i am going to add alfalfa meal to heat it up more. let her sit for a week or so while the clones are rooting and then its go time.:woot:

sorry about the hps shot, tried to get there before lights on but timer is off a touch.'
wilma cut of FPOG front and center.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Beautiful. I'm curious, you said you added a couple of inches of castings and mulch over the top. Do you leave yourself extra room for future top-dressings, planning on adding up to however many inches?

HL Gunn

HL Gunn

Looking good! I like the personal approach in addressing the nutritional needs of the plants. Also good on ya for recycling the soil!:) Just goes to show you that there are many different yet succsessfull approaches to cultivation, often with wonderfully variant outcomes. I bet your buds taste great and unique.

I just put a few Goji seeds down. I'm subbed!

Mogrow

Mogrow

Beautiful. I'm curious, you said you added a couple of inches of castings and mulch over the top. Do you leave yourself extra room for future top-dressings, planning on adding up to however many inches?
hey sea/// yes i leave myself room to add to the soil, one reason being a 15 gallon smart pot full of dirt without much peat is heavy. i probably run 7 gallons in the 10's and 12 gallons in the 15's.
Looking good! I like the personal approach in addressing the nutritional needs of the plants. Also good on ya for recycling the soil!:) Just goes to show you that there are many different yet succsessfull approaches to cultivation, often with wonderfully variant outcomes. I bet your buds taste great and unique.

I just put a few Goji seeds down. I'm subbed!
welcome to the grow HL//// i'm really liking the goji, couple of big ol' girls really packing it on.
this is about a 9 week veg and flipped 12 days ago.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
hey sea/// yes i leave myself room to add to the soil, one reason being a 15 gallon smart pot full of dirt without much peat is heavy. i probably run 7 gallons in the 10's and 12 gallons in the 15's.
welcome to the grow HL//// i'm really liking the goji, couple of big ol' girls really packing it on.
this is about a 9 week veg and flipped 12 days ago.

View attachment 314204

View attachment 314205

Fuck. Yes.

outwest

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good thing I predicted your response! I fucked up a timer, pretty badly, and have a whole slew of cuttings that were supposed to go outside this season that I discovered in pretty full flower. I thought upon it, and decided, What the fuck? Let's try an indoor smarty grow. I could only find 10gal pots, oh my God are they heavy! Really borked my back hard, but in any event when I transplanted these girls I left several inches to go. I figured I can fold down the sides if need be, right? Since they're already likely past that two week stretch I don't expect to get that much out of them except experience, but if I do a zip apiece, that'll actually make it very worth it. They don't look anything like your girls, yours be rockin'!

Mogrow

Mogrow

Good thing I predicted your response! I fucked up a timer, pretty badly, and have a whole slew of cuttings that were supposed to go outside this season that I discovered in pretty full flower. I thought upon it, and decided, What the fuck? Let's try an indoor smarty grow. I could only find 10gal pots, oh my God are they heavy! Really borked my back hard, but in any event when I transplanted these girls I left several inches to go. I figured I can fold down the sides if need be, right? Since they're already likely past that two week stretch I don't expect to get that much out of them except experience, but if I do a zip apiece, that'll actually make it very worth it. They don't look anything like your girls, yours be rockin'!
moving 10 to 20 gallon containers is a reciepe for back problems.
sea, i thought u didn't do indoor stuff???? watch out u might get hooked:clown:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
moving 10 to 20 gallon containers is a reciepe for back problems.
sea, i thought u didn't do indoor stuff???? watch out u might get hooked:clown:
I haven't done indoor for a spell, but between zoning restrictions and flowering girls...! Fungus gnats may keep me unhooked. I already have back problems, so... c'est la vies. Not going any larger than the 10gal pots for now. :)

Mogrow

Mogrow

I haven't done indoor for a spell, but between zoning restrictions and flowering girls...! Fungus gnats may keep me unhooked. I already have back problems, so... c'est la vies. Not going any larger than the 10gal pots for now. :)
10 gallon pot is plenty big.
so i picked some comfrey, cut it up and put it in fresh water and let it ferment for 4 days, gave it a couple of stirs , keep a lid on loose and waited for the bubbles to stop. im here to tell you it flat puts down a funky smell. strained it, cut it to about a dark tea look and sprayed the ladies down this morning after lights out. hoping to come back tonight to some leaves pointing straight to the light.

also 2 of my cuts have roots, been over 2 weeks, its still a little cool to the touch on the grow medium, even with a heat mat under them. heat mat is on timer and only runs so much, i uped the on time to get more warmth. planted the 2 into some veg dirt and gave them a good soak of a alfalfa, liquid kelp tea i made. did this last night, was pleased to see them this morning all looking alert and reaching for the light. also sprayed the tea mixture on the remaining cuts and plugs to try and get them to root.

all for now storm troopers....

Top Bottom