Lizard King & Lemon Alien Dawg

• Thread starter Dodge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dodge

Dodge

Signs of life!!

After I lost all hope for this seed I busted the little seed starter pods open to see what went wrong. I soon realized that the seeds were actually trapped underground and about 90 percent was still living. I then transplanted the little hatchlings to dixie cups with soil. Surprisingly enough there were ten LAD's and eleven Lizard's that looked alive or worth a try. It appeared that all the seed had germed.... a few had like in long taproots coming out of the seed. It looked as though the seeds were either too deep or just sould not get through the sort of dense seed starters. They have these seed starters in two types (big and small). I used the bigger pods. If I had used the smaller seed starters it may have also worked better. So I think I will have at least four or five of each and then I'm hoping that about half of those are female. It's hard to swallow the fact that my errors have cost me about half my seed. Costly lessons, but still, lessons learned.

SAM 0222
SAM 0220
SAM 0221

Dodge

Dodge

This morning was a relief.... Currently above ground or breaking ground I have eight LAD's and six confirmed Lizard's with three Lizard King OG's not moving quick enough to be confirmed. I may pull one more Lizard which would give me about seven Lizard's and eight Dawg's. Now that I have some plants I am gonna round up some Fox Farm and Nutes. I didn't wanna get a bunch of soil and nutes before I had some plants that needed it. So this run is rolling right along at this point, with enough progeny to fill my space, even after sexing.

Dodge

Dodge

Glad to hear that theyre doing well and are going to make it.

Gonna have something to work with for sure. Got the Fox Farm Ocean Blend, waiting to pot..... the Dawg's are worrying me... down to six of those. If I get a solid male and female I'm gonna try to do some F1's. My hope for the LAD is to raise a single healthy male... lol, on the other hand the six Lizard Kings are alive and well. I got some Fox Farm nutes for veg and bloom, will be using those as well.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Gonna have something to work with for sure. Got the Fox Farm Ocean Blend, waiting to pot..... the Dawg's are worrying me... down to six of those. If I get a solid male and female I'm gonna try to do some F1's. My hope for the LAD is to raise a single healthy male... lol, on the other hand the six Lizard Kings are alive and well. I got some Fox Farm nutes for veg and bloom, will be using those as well.

cool, just wait a couple weeks before you transplant into the soil cuz FFOF is pretty hot .

rollon

rollon

After cracking alot of beans, if u have the means to test sprout a couple of beans in any media then get positive results u should put it aside and use it only for those high dollar seeds. I lost a whole batch of special seeds in peat pots back in the day and it still hurts.when u find something that works for ur setup and get positive results set it aside and use it only for germinating. It can last that way for along time. Good luck dodge

Dodge

Dodge

After cracking alot of beans, if u have the means to test sprout a couple of beans in any media then get positive results u should put it aside and use it only for those high dollar seeds. I lost a whole batch of special seeds in peat pots back in the day and it still hurts.when u find something that works for ur setup and get positive results set it aside and use it only for germinating. It can last that way for along time. Good luck dodge

That makes sense.... I have a much better process in mind, after watching several beans suffer to an early death......... Now Ima soak the beans till they pop and barely cover them in loose soil in cups, with light as close as possible. This time I just thought I knew more than I did and thought: "just stick em in some seed starters ... you don't need all those other preparations....no worries... yada yada...." I was wrong there....The only benefit of this mishap is the fact that every time I pop a bean, for the rest of my days, it will get a little extra care.

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

I made the mistake of burying seeds too deep early on when I started growing. Killed almost every seed before I realised my mistake. Fortunately, it was just bag seed I was using, not any specific and expensive strains.
Despite only being bag seed, it still sucked balls!
Good luck with the grow Dodge. :D

YS

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I lost a whole batch of seeds b4. I planted them straight in soil & everytime I watered them the seeds dug deeper in2 the soil. 1 seed made it & it was a killer girl..
I'm glad ur seeds made it ur gunna have some nice buds in a few months.. Good luck with this grow

Dodge

Dodge

I made the mistake of burying seeds too deep early on when I started growing. Killed almost every seed before I realised my mistake. Fortunately, it was just bag seed I was using, not any specific and expensive strains.
Despite only being bag seed, it still sucked balls!
Good luck with the grow Dodge. :D

YS

It did leave me with that WTF!?!? kinda feeling.... Then I just think about the guys that get a pest or mold late in a run. It would be much shittier if I had been growing these girls for like seven weeks and lost em... but I'm sure that will happen too... one of these years..... lol

Top Bottom