Local sports talk

• Thread starter ohthatguy8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

This will be a rather large post because I need to rant this morning!

I spend all my evenings and Saturdays supporting my boys practicing and playing football. My boy on the B team is now 2 - 0, my youngest on the C team is 0 - 2 ....shouldn't be either that team is much better than that! The coach that has taken over for the head coach who's out for health or personal reasons is a freakin size queen. My little man is one of the best players on the team and this is only his 1st year playing organized anything (not just my thinking either, the other coaches and even the players have noticed his raw talent!)! The real coach had him playing RB and MLB because he wasn't a crybaby and he knows how to hit but the this one would rather put in the bigger kids .....when I played we put in the best players period, those boys can't even block or tackle and tear up after every play!
That's nothing but a reflection of the coaching, this fool also put the QB who missed their 1st game last week and hadn't been to practice all this week in to start the game ....WTF! I'd have atleast 2 QBs if I were the coach, I tried to give him some X's & O's, a couple tackling and blocking drills earlier this week but I guess he don't need em lol ....I was so glad they moved him to the A team after they lost again yesterday!!! When you have all the parents pulling their kids over to the side telling em how to tackle that ain't good!!

FiveAM

FiveAM

This will be a rather large post because I need to rant this morning!

I spend all my evenings and Saturdays supporting my boys practicing and playing football. My boy on the B team is now 2 - 0, my youngest on the C team is 0 - 2 ....shouldn't be either that team is much better than that! The coach that has taken over for the head coach who's out for health or personal reasons is a freakin size queen. My little man is one of the best players on the team and this is only his 1st year playing organized anything (not just my thinking either, the other coaches and even the players have noticed his raw talent!)! The real coach had him playing RB and MLB because he wasn't a crybaby and he knows how to hit but the this one would rather put in the bigger kids .....when I played we put in the best players period, those boys can't even block or tackle and tear up after every play!
That's nothing but a reflection of the coaching, this fool also put the QB who missed their 1st game last week and hadn't been to practice all this week in to start the game ....WTF! I'd have atleast 2 QBs if I were the coach, I tried to give him some X's & O's, a couple tackling and blocking drills earlier this week but I guess he don't need em lol ....I was so glad they moved him to the A team after they lost again yesterday!!! When you have all the parents pulling their kids over to the side telling em how to tackle that ain't good!!

What age group you talking about here? Sounds like young ones. Yeah if they don't know the basics, run more drills and learn them.

You guys really think MSU will be the same team as last year? I'm just not buying it.

symbiote420

symbiote420

They're 9 - 10 year olds ...I was just trying to show him how I taught my boys to hit. The ol' lay helmet to helmet and toe to toe drills would have had those boys hitting in no time! A (44) or (53) defense would be easy as hell to teach the tikes ...not many C teams passing the ball!

I think MSU is locked and loaded for this year, on paper things like real good for them and the Lions.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

@symbiote420 that must be tough as hell to stay calm on the side lines. My guy is way too little for sports n it's tough to bite my tongue at the park lol. The good part is you've got some talented sons that are involved in sports!

The bad news is this is the age when kids absorb things like a sponge n a bad coach can teach some bad habits. Practice makes perfect as long as your practicing the right way...

I'm not trying to judge the lions by the preseason but..... I dont expect much this year, ill still watch every single snap of every game and hope to get there for one or more games.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Ok maybe not local but NFL WR Josh Gordon suspended for season over marijuana

Ray Rice gets caught on tape knockin' his wife thee f*** out and only is suspended for two games!! Players that smoke weed get suspended a full season?!!

Where's the justice???

As odd as it may seem, and on the brink of a new college football season, don't laugh me out of the forum, its just my heart talking

LET'S GO DUKE

LOL ......Duke did have a pretty good team last year! I don't think they'll be surprising anyone this year, after winning the ACC they have a pretty nice sized bullseye on their backs this year! Duke's always been one of those teams I can't stand, only 2nd to the Buckeyes!!

tipz

tipz

Ray Rice gets caught on tape knockin' his wife thee f*** out and only is suspended for two games!! Players that smoke weed get suspended a full season?!!

Where's the justice???

LOL ......Duke did have a pretty good team last year! I don't think they'll be surprising anyone this year, after winning the ACC they have a pretty nice sized bullseye on their backs this year! Duke's always been one of those teand i love.

FSU won the acc, Duke won the coastal division and played
For the championship.
The national championship will either stay in the ACC or SEC
Do they actually play football in the Midwest? ;)

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Tonight's the kick off of the season I'm pumped up for the year! The guys in the know(lol) picked Florida state. Alabama. Oregon and Michigan state to make the final four. Feels weird saying final four for football.

symbiote420

symbiote420

LOL @tipz, they'd have to strap me to a chair and pull my fingernails out one by one for me to ever say that!! @jayrock32580 you the coolest Buckeye I ever meet homie ...I never thought I'd be bros with a OSU fan lol, who says cannabis can't bring us together!! I've been dying for a playoffs in college football, all that AP this, strenght of schedule that don't mean a thing when it's one and done!

And freakin' Alabama is looking really good this year!

Top Bottom