Logo design mockups

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

calbunn

No 3 hits at all levels. Simple lines but not so banal you just cruise over it.

T

Transgressor

Premium Member
Supporter
I vote for #3 followed by #2. The MJ leaf is getting old and is used all over the place.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

I think 1,2 are safe bets. 2 would b better if divine genetics had a lil spacing similar to 1, IMO.

3's image isn't enough of a stand alone logo IMO.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

#1 is a safe design kind of like wal mart, microsoft, dell, target, best buy and other big brands ever notice how simplistic their logos are? there is a reason behind it!
#2 see below
#3 reminds me of the 70's which is totally opposite of the farms design. its 2011 not feeling the hippie vibe growers are now from all demographics (which again is why #1 styling is chosen by big brands)
#4 looks like a badge reminds me of boy scouts or something.

#2 is the coolest looking no doubt but i would maybe pick #1 for the reasons mentioned above.

who ever the designer is you use logic they are talented as hell. everything on this site is top notch quality! i almost emailed you once to find out who you use for a non competitive website i needed designed and i use to do design work so i pay closer attention to designs then most and not many people do as impressive work as yours do consistently unless they charge an ungodly amount.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

In my professional opinion, as someone with professional training as a graphic designer, number one is your best bet. It is the cleanest and reads the best. It is important for logos to be clean and simple or else they do not read well. They must look good when they are only 1/4 of an inch in size, or when blown up 20' tall on a billboard, and they must look good in black and white and in color. Number one achieves this the best.

Number 3 would be my second pick, however the text will become hard to read if the logo is done on a small scale. Design number one has the advantage in that the text and the actual graphic symbol are two separate parts, which IMO is ideally what you want. When the text itself is part of the logo it can be harder to read, both as a word or words, and as a symbol.

Number 2 and 4 simply do not read well when small. The lines on 2 are too thin and lose definition. Same with the text on 4 - if you had that on a business card it would be hard to read the text. They are both nice designs, but IMO not very good logos.

Remember: simple, clean, easy to read, easy to identify, looks good at any size in any color scheme. That is what you want with a logo.

now this guy knows his stuff! i didn't take size into perspective when looking at them as much as i use to since i use to design logos for record companies that had to be able to print their logo incredibly small on cd's and cd booklets in black and white. i guess i didn't think about it thinking you would never use your design smaller then a business card or a sticker for a pack of beans and i doubt you are gonna ever need to use a billboard but he is right best safe then sorry!

although i picked the same one as him he made it even more clear the other benefits of #1. cool is objective and how your cool makes someone else feel may not be what you are after. imo a logo should not wow you it should just be a clean neutral representation of you your work should bring the wow factor.

a busy logo to me means someone knows how to draw and or design but has no understanding of the objective and how to effectively accomplish the real goal of a logo. i once did about 10 designs for a guy who hated my first design that was clean standard text expecting me to do some crazy elaborate design. i eventually made one over complicated and highly detailed as a mockery of his request then shrunk it down and printed it to get him to understand the scalability piece then went back to the way i explained #1 and how all the big companies use this model for a reason. he picked #1 that day lol.

P

paulycali

Looking great Logic! I like them all but would say the 3rd is the catchiest

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Cool logos Logic! I like #1 the best... :cool

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I have some experience in advertising and marketing and I have to agree with blaze about the logos. I will also add that the more ornamental logos at some point start to look dated or just not as cool as they once did so the simple design that is clean and distinguishable is best. That's #1 imo.

Good luck

fred

T

tokeament

I will have to agree with the majority here, #3 is very appealing.

I_Love_THC

I_Love_THC

I really liked #2 and #3... #3 is more playful, though... So, I'd rather go with #2, if it comes to these two... But, the most I see as positive and as welcoming and serious, is number 4 - it's really need and sends the right message. :)
Lots of Love and Peace, friends.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Whatever design gets decided on, I know I want a T-Shirt for sure.:character0029:

U

Underground

I think you should take #3 and tweak it a bit. The name is is Divine, so I would use #3 with some sun rays coming down from the heavens. Just two tone. I think that would make it perfect.

U

Underground

o0RhM

Well let's see if that works. I just made something like what I meant, just needs a better sun. Hopefully this works, I've been trying to figure out how to get a pic on here. Won't work for some reason.WTF it's irritating the shit out of me, I upload pics to other forums all the time. Is it because of the proxy?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom