Looking for a real skunk strain.

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Cheese,is not old enough:we need to go back 35 years + and not be crossed to an f2,and so on.
Very hard to find!
Some quiet peeps in Cali have it,but,man we got no chance of gettin' it.The Green Dragon of Master Thai is the closest to the oldest skunks,that I know of,from THAT time,before cultivators choice.

Yeah, thats gotta be very hard to find a strain like that...good luck.

G

Garden of Dreams

Real Skunk is right here, not RK but some stinky ass baby poo grease. As for DeadHead OG, not a skunk but theres definetly some phenos in those beans that are straight fire,

93 Raskal Super Skunk.

Flower Pics

Dried Nugs

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Real Skunk is right here, not RK but some stinky ass baby poo grease. As for DeadHead OG, not a skunk but theres definetly some phenos in those beans that are straight fire,

93 Raskal Super Skunk.

Flower Pics

Dried Nugs

Those dried nugs look amazing!! Even the stem had trichomes!!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Chem Dog og: a Skunk weed,not THE skunk strain!!!
Diesel og; Super Skunk x Chem Dog(really old and rare Colorado seed strain Skunk Weed,that LEO shut down)
This pot was NEVER a daytime smoke,unless ya wanted to get locked up!
Show me the truth,as you know it!

I'm not saying your a liar because I have no idea about the origins of the strains you listed, but its hard for me to believe that a strain so good could be forever lost because of the police, like the breeders didn't have any seeds stashed away somewhere or some of there friends had some, ect. there had to be a way for them to keep the strain alive, unless they purposely stopped breeding it or stopped selling seeds/clones.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have seen uncountable cultivars killed by LEO,world wide.
only way to gain control is TAKE control
read the book Mr Nice;
happened to Shanti and Neville,more than once!!!

Yeah, the more I think of it does seem possible, especially if they got all there stock at location.

Afghi420

Afghi420

Im going to wait for the weather to cool down around here before i do another indoor grow. I did just grab 4 plants a week or so ago and put them out on my patio. I got 2 lemon skunk and 2 black domina. Ive smoked the skunk and even though it isnt the kind of skunk im after, it is a nice strain. Not a couchlocker, but a pleasant daytime smoke that has good lasting power, which is something very important for me in a strain. I have fairly high tolerance and a lot of the strains i smoke these days dont keep me high much longer then an hour, the lemon skunk hangs in atleast a good 2 hours and is an enjoyable high with a serious lemon smell. The black domina i have heard great things about and am dying to finally see some flowers of this shit grown.. I think i will order up something for my next indoor grow in the fall though. Im kind of leaning towards one of the indica kush's, whichever one has the strongest couchlock type high by far. I think i will stop focusingh so much on a certain smell, atleast for now.. The high is definitely the most important thing for me, smell comes second and yield is last. As long as i can get an ounce a plant im fine with that, if the dope is worth it. I would love to try some of the Chemdog strains, as they do sound like they are something special. The LA confidential sounds interesting as well, was an old school strain juist known as 'affie'.. Sounds alot like my old school afghi strain i had about 15 years ago, strong smelling, low yielding, super potent... Anyway, just for now i will stop focusing on smell and look for mainly the high type im after, which is basically something that just floors you everytime, the strongest couchlocking weed you have ever smoked, something that is above and beyond all the rest... To be honest, i would be happy for now having a strain the had no smell at all if it gave me that super couchlock high im looking for, once i get that i can take my time searching for another strain that has everything im after...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@Afghi420- Your making a good decision on going after the 'high' before the smell, when it comes to that nasty, rode kill, body odor, old school skunk but at the same time delicious smell that your after, its very hard to find a strain like that. When it comes to the type of high, like a super couchlocked effect your after, I'm sure you can find it in one of the Kush varieties. The hardest part (for me) is deciding on which seedbank/breeder to buy from because theres so damn many to choose from. Good luck and I hope you find exactly what your looking for.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've been satisfied with the Deadhead Kush!

Earlier in this thread I mentioned Cheese as a good skunk strain and you said that it has to be at least 35 years old and never been crossed with an F2. So is Deadhead Kush 35 years old and not an F2 cross??

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Chem Dog seed goes WAY back,maybe MORE than 35 years,in Montana area.
Kush goes back eons!!!
SFV F5 would be a LINE(p1),and the Chem Dog cut(p1)
In my eyes and way of breeding,that makes Deadhead Kush an f1.
A mixture of sativas and indicas exhibiting classic "skunk weed" traits!!!
Unlike Cheese:a "classic" Skunk #1 cut from the commercial seeds of the early nineties,crossed with...we don't know!

Oh, ok, I was just curious because I obviously don't know much about the origins of alot of strains.

sky high

sky high

Oh, ok, I was just curious because I obviously don't know much about the origins of alot of strains.

It's obvious from reading the responses and the take on "breeding" in this thread that you are not alone in yer lack of knowledge about the origins of these strains....so hey...revel that yer in good company bro!

Yeah...I remember smokin "Chemdog" in '77.....wasn't everyone? That shit was everywhere back then.... :rolleyes:

yikes.....

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

it almost sounds to me as if you're more into the memory of what skunk was than what it is now.... its dank herb.

if you want that smell while a good high, take a dab of some OG oil, and have your dog fart in your face.

boom. skunk.

Afghi420

Afghi420

1.roadkill
2.polecat
3.tutankhamon
4.top dollar
5.shoreline
6.kerala gold
7.big kahuna
8.Chemdog 91 skunk va
9.trinity
10.garlic breath
i want ;)

I saw that Pollcat in an issue of skunk recently.. man that stuff sounds amazing.. They basically say that 'nothing' on the BC coast comes even close to the potentcy of pollcat, and it is supposed to have a true skunk smell as well.. Sounds like exactly what im looking for.. I actually just picked up a qp of some Afghi last week that kicks ass. For the first time in quite awhile i have found a strain that gives me the high i love. A very comfortable long lasting couchlock high. It isnt as strong as my old afghi i had, and the smell isnt nearly as strong, but the smell is there and the high lasts atleast 2 1/2 or 3 hours of bliss, i swear i am in heaven. The high is just different then anything i have smoked in awhile, i fucking love it! I put a couple pics up under smoke reports, under the thread Afghi.. The buds even look kind of shitty like the old afghi i had, yet the smell and potentcy are great. If i could just find this strain in seed form with a much stronger smell and maybe a bit stronger high.. There have been a few different afghi crosses floating around my area for a decade or so now, and im sure they all come from the original afghi that was grown in my local area.. Thing is is none of these crosses come close to the original.. You have any luck lately finding anything good?

F

fuzzy

In 1982-83 some friends came back from serving over seas.They brought back some afghan seeds that we had crossed with some mexican (Redbud).Our first few crops were more staight up afghani.As we kept going we noticed the skunk smell start coming out.The plants also are a darker green compared to the mexican redbud that we used.The afghan only got 6-8ft high here but the mexican we grew could go up to 13-15ft high with 13-15 fingers.Anyway as a couple yrs went on the str8 up skunk smell came out All the way.Couldnt hardly keep a O around without stinking up the whole house,lol.Not saying We are the original breeders, just saying i know what i did in my early 20s, well some of what i did,lol. peace,fuzzy

Shamus

Shamus

i feel like this is localized to MI but the old school skunk here was very ghani dom, very dark green.. short squat christmas tree shape with dark pine green buds almost purple and coated in trichs.. literally the smell could burn ones nose. a dime triple bagged in your pocket filled up whatever house u were in.. kinda shit. now ive been smoking on it as late as 05 and i still have access to the cut/beans just have to approach dude.. not only that but i have a real deal heirloom 87' skunk cut but its not the MI skunk i remember. ill be popping some beans from a 90's commercial corn field crews skunk thats supposed to be off the walls

Afghi420

Afghi420

i feel like this is localized to MI but the old school skunk here was very ghani dom, very dark green.. short squat christmas tree shape with dark pine green buds almost purple and coated in trichs.. literally the smell could burn ones nose. a dime triple bagged in your pocket filled up whatever house u were in.. kinda shit. now ive been smoking on it as late as 05 and i still have access to the cut/beans just have to approach dude.. not only that but i have a real deal heirloom 87' skunk cut but its not the MI skunk i remember. ill be popping some beans from a 90's commercial corn field crews skunk thats supposed to be off the walls

that's the kind of shit im talking about.. there is nothing like that kind of funk coming from a bag of weed. the kind of shit that leaves about a 100 foot trail of skunk fumes behind you as you walk, i love it. i've had 2 different strains in my 20 years of smoking that were that powerful, one was the skunk, which was some very dark green stuff, looked more like afghi or something, didn't have a lot of noticable trichs on it really, and was pretty leafy shitty looking stuff like an old afghi i describe in a few posts.. I only saw that skunk the one time, but the afghi i grew for a couple years and had access to it about 13 years ago.. It my area now there has been other afghi crosses floating around for years, im smoking on some right now.. It isn't as strong as the old cut i had, especially the smell, it is there but it doesn't go through walls or bags like the old stuff. The stone of the current stuff i have is good though, feels different then anything i have smoked in awhile. It has that strong body high that lasts a full 21/2 to 3 hours, i love it. im currentlly trying to hunt down a strain for my winter grow.. Would like to find something that i can keep for years, really get to know the strain. Ofcourse it has to be something super special, basically i want something that has that knockout stone and lasts atleast a strong 3 hours.. A real dank smell would be good as well, although im going to focus more on the stone then the smell for now. I have settled on LA Confidential, was going to go with either that or black domina, ive got 2 domina's going outdoors now though so i will get to sample it atleast.. What do you think about the LA??

Shamus

Shamus

once i pop those vintage skunk beans from north mitten area its on.. then ill know exactly all what i have.. i plan on doing a lot of really good things with it.. when people have good cuts or things like this i figure if your going to hoard it one should at least put X's out there.. theres a lot of suff i wanna get the ball rolling on,, lol but its one step at a time and other things in que.

HashZeppelin

HashZeppelin

Skunk is basically ........indica. Skunk#1 is not a Skunk strain at all its a stabilized hybrid. Ghani's and Paki's are where the skunk terpines originate from.

To quote sam the skunk man himself about skunk

I wonder why so many people have clones of sweet Skunk #1's and no one seems to have clones of RKS Skunk #1 or #2? Maybe because they did not care enough to keep the RKS alive? Or is it just that no one has clones from 20 years ago? Whatever the reason it is hard to believe that not one single person has a RKS Skunk #1 in clone form?
I have it in seed form but I don't really want to do the work to make it available again, it is a lot of work and takes a lot of space and time to do it right. I do not want the seeds just knocked-off. And I know I do not want to give it away, it is my work and I will get back to it eventually, when I have the time.

In the beginning, 1976, most SKUNK #1's were skunky as hell.
The smell was just like a dead skunk. I could smell grows outdoors or even early indoor grows sometimes a few blocks before the grow.
The seeds from the best used to make other seeds, the males were from the best line from the year before, the line was maintained by seeds only as clones were not used back then. Because the line was maintained by seed a natural variation exsisted, the plants were not Homozygous they were Heterozygous, even if they did breed pretty much true.
I selected the best in my opinion for about ten years and reproduced the Skunk #1 each year a bit sweeter as I like the high much better then the RKS, which did not get me high, it just got me loaded.
After 10 years I take Skunk #1 elite seed lines to Amsterdam, I also had a some Skunk #2 that were much more RKS like, I did not work with them.
In the Netherlands I started to use clones to make seeds, and by its nature changed Skunk #1 by using clones. I selected the best 10 females and the best 10 males from a really large crop of thousands of Skunk #1. I took the resulting clones and crossed them, making 100 populations of 200 plants each, 100 females to evaluate from each cross. When I decided which population gave the best and most consistant results I used that female clone and the chosen male clone to make seeds. The resulting seeds are consistant as hell and give grows that look like a crop from clones. They do have a small bit of variation but they do not change year to year. But they are all sweet. Because that is what I like and spent my time to create. These were used by most other seed companies to make Skunk and Skunk hybrid lines.
REMEMBER THAT MOST SKUNK SEEDS AVAILABLE ARE MADE BY OTHER BREEDERS USING MY LINES, NOT ME!!
I do not like the herb that gets you totaly loaded, physical, couchlock....
I do respect others choices, if they want it fine...
But I do not like it at all, I want to get so high I don't know what I am doing, but I do not want to get loaded, I do not like it.
-SamS

sky high

sky high

Thanks for posting this. I always blamed the Dutch for fuckin up "Skunk". My apologies. I had no idea that Sam himself cut his own throat and bred weaker/less stoney genetics because he was a lightweight when it came to puffin doobs....

Top Bottom