Looking for a real skunk strain.

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

My vote has given to a true Chemdog 91 or even a headband

* I've noticed alot of time the terp smells has so many factor changers
* I think our industry is really misleading most of us with some many " use alot of light and more nutritions give you better results" organics or synthetics ,how old clone has been cycled,Medium combo, salt counts,Size of plant,flushing distance,nutrients levels during whole life & light density, even people vouch for dark cycling for last few days that really improves smell/taste )

example:I can give 20+ diff clone strains to others during a season and the smells/results are a 180 flip different than my harvest ( not stating bad smell factors , taste or effects)

I

icisz

Trying to find myself a good strain to keep for a few years. I wouldn't mind going with an Indica dominant skunk strain, something with a good couchlock high that lasts would be what im looking for. I really want a skunk strain that actually smells like skunk. I have had thus once before and it was very sweet. From what i have read, i was going to go with Sensi Skunk, as it sounds like it has what im looking for. I already have a lemon skunk, it doesnt have the skunk smell, it is pure lemon, but still a nice strain. About 10 years ago or more i had an Afghi strain that was the best smoke i have ever had. The strain flowered in about 45 days, was a small plant, low yeilding, the buds had no red hair, not much crystal at all, but the buds were very sticky with resin. The smell was amazing, strong like a true skunk but different. The high was a 4 hour long couchlock, drooling high. I have been trying with no luck to find this strain again, i dont know what it was, just know it was an Afghi located in New Brunswick, Canada, about 10-15 years ago. I would really like to find this strain, but since it is kind of hard to explain the smell to people, i have decided to just go with a true skunk, as the skunk i had before that had the real skunk smell was probably the second bext smoke i have ever had after the Afghi. Any help on either one of these strains would be much appreciated.
The strain you are thinking of is now called "the one". In other parts of canada it goes by other names, like cab, cabbage. I know the taste you are after. Clone only, carefully guarded. Linage is Thai X afghani (both true land race) and even that is speculation, but one that makes a lot of sense. Hard to find, but never the less. Great thread. The REAL skunks of yesteryear have mostly faded to law enforcement and eventual strains just needing to be crossed to maintain ideal results.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I did a recent afghani kush x medman head band and got a very skunk rks

Problem was the power. It's reeked. Extremely. But not still not as strong as 90 skunk

med-man

I've heard your diesel will stink up any room no matter how hard the carbon filters try to stop it! I really wanna grab a pack and give it a go, just hope the wife doesn't kill me ;)

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

I got the med man RKS seeds a while back planted 3, 3 popped 100% germ rate
2 had a citrus smell almost identical to grapefruit maybe a little more sour. The other one smelled like straight skunk, & burned rubber, plastic .. One of the grapefruit phenos was dubbed the mutant as it grew 3 branches instead of two. So it was killed. The last 2 were males which was sad still have beans Thoe. Crossing my fingers

med man

med man

Breeder
I dud some research recently.

Contrary to what skunk man claims about skunk 1 being a poly hybrid. The original seeds we're labelled pure landrace afghani. Which i always thought were kush.

Worse still he claims to jave the skunky seeds from those true afghani lines and refuses to let people pop them. Lol

Yikes

People and their petty attachments

med-man

dilligaf

dilligaf

I remember back in the mid eighties the first time i ever had skunk..the buds were hard as rocks and had seeds that were easily twice the size of any other seed i have seen before or since..a little larger than a bb..you coyld put one among a hundred others and pick it out

D

hashit

hashit

Shoreline is one of the most skunky/foul smelling strains I've come across. It's available in Texas, clone only...hard to find. It literally smells like cat shit...just ask anyone who has had it.

The next "skunkiest" was Chemdog - straight up garlic and BO even while in veg...

MiMadman

MiMadman

Pre soviet Afghanistan are what A 420 is referring to. I've been threw tons of stuff elites etc. None compare I fear thy r lost to time. I can say the real ecsd....is a stinky skunky bitch.

T

TheShepheard

I am following this too. Please keep this thread updated. A guy I met helping him get his car unlocked. He was a stoner and locked his keys in the car. His kids and wife were in melt down mode and I handed him my hitter box and told him he needed it more than me. Gave him my contact info and when he returned it he gave me a bunch of random seeds. One was labeled real skunk. I grew it and it was great besides the fact another plant hermied or something and seeded my whole crop. Good thing is I have a bunch of seeds from it. Bad thing is I have no clue which plant spread the pollen. But it was real skunk with all the qualities listed by the old schoolers. Smoking it reminds me of my younger years smoking on the tracks after football practice lol. This is a great thread thanks for all the info.

Krypto

Krypto

I am following this too. Please keep this thread updated. A guy I met helping him get his car unlocked. He was a stoner and locked his keys in the car. His kids and wife were in melt down mode and I handed him my hitter box and told him he needed it more than me. Gave him my contact info and when he returned it he gave me a bunch of random seeds. One was labeled real skunk. I grew it and it was great besides the fact another plant hermied or something and seeded my whole crop. Good thing is I have a bunch of seeds from it. Bad thing is I have no clue which plant spread the pollen. But it was real skunk with all the qualities listed by the old schoolers. Smoking it reminds me of my younger years smoking on the tracks after football practice lol. This is a great thread thanks for all the info.
Start crackin' those babies! Find the "REAL" SKUNK. I would. Work the line. And find that stinker. preserve it. And share it.
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I'm working on this too. The old school skunk was amazing and I only tried it a few times. Working with sour d and crossing her with everything in my search. Rks will return, it's a bucket list goal!

Krypto

Krypto

I'm working on this too. The old school skunk was amazing and I only tried it a few times. Working with sour d and crossing her with everything in my search. Rks will return, it's a bucket list goal!
I need to find a "skunky" skunk. My wife's grandma won't sign off on ANYTHING I bring her...OGs, Diesels, whatever. She wants RKS or something Damn close. I'll find one. For Grandma!!!

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

The inputs we use evolve the gene pool.

Strawberry Fields was bred in a strawberry field. Lots of pesticides smell like skunky petro chemicals. Most dank Ivr smoked smelled like bacterial warfare. Anything Ive grown has had the same smell of the local Pines... Just saying... I think I know why skunk went sweet. Cannabis offspring remembers its parents micro-environment, and maybe its grandparents. But not its great great grandparents.

Krypto

Krypto

Actually there is tons of skunk strains, i guess i am just a little strange, i expect a skunk to smell like a skunk......
Like a dead skunks butt hole baking hot asphalt...that's what im talkin ' bout. Med-Man has RKS. And Sensi Skunk does sound "skunky" from the description I read. Ya never know.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Like a dead skunks butt hole baking hot asphalt...that's what im talkin ' bout. Med-Man has RKS. And Sensi Skunk does sound "skunky" from the description I read. Ya never know.
Sensi is all over the map and to my knowledge nothing came out skunky from med man just a little fuely...last time I saw real roadkill was Canada day in 01 in Vancouver. Was on a skate trip and got super lucky, all my friends that were local couldn't believe it.

Top Bottom