Looking for help on my first grow

• Thread starter Closetfarmer81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Flower week 4 update.

Should I be seeing bigger buds? I’m following the FF soil feeding a schedule. I haven’t been perfect on the 12/12 light schedule. +/- a couple hours either way. Is that bad?
IMG 1417

IMG 1421
IMG 1420
IMG 1418
IMG 1413
IMG 1120
B

BudgetGrower

Messing with the light cycle could cause the plants to reveg, this would mess the crop up and add a good month on to the flower time.
The plants meant to look like this, 4 weeks in flower, its on target, the plant will pack most the bud on in the last 3-4 weeks.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Messing with the light cycle could cause the plants to reveg, this would mess the crop up and add a good month on to the flower time.
The plants meant to look like this, 4 weeks in flower, its on target, the plant will pack most the bud on in the last 3-4 weeks.
About how long should I keep in flower until I start to harvest?

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Scheduled to harvest on June 10th. How does she look?

Also, this is my first time. Any pointers on how to harvest/ trim/ cure?

@BudgetGrower @GNick55 @Aquaman @Zombierider @freezeland2 @Mikedin

IMG 1534
IMG 1531
IMG 1529
IMG 1528
B

BudgetGrower

She looks good,
"Any pointers on how to harvest/ trim/ cure?"
She could be done by the 10th June, just have to wait and see.
I like to cut the main stem and hang the plant upside down.
Next I remove every fan leaf and then I trim all the sugar leaves(cut about 20-30% off), I like the buds to look good but I want the maximum crop size, as they dry the sugar leaves pull in and the buds look great.

Temps and humidty is important, try and keep it something like 18c/45% upto 25c/60%.
You want to avoid low temps, high humidity(bud rot)and high temps/ low humidity(kills the quality)
You want the buds to dry slow over 4/5 days, them cut them off the stems, bag them up for 12 hours so they sweat and dry them out in a tray repeat for 2 days, then you can jar them up.
This is the most important stage, you don't want the buds wet or too dry.

Mothman

Mothman

Unless you’re forced by circumstances to chop now, I would wait at least another week or so. I’d want to see fewer new pistils plus some signs of winding down. Can’t see the trichomes, that could help decide.

There are quite a few white pistils still, and no declining leaves that I can see.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

I’ve been water with nutes about once a week at about half the prescribed amount per the feeding schedule from fox farm for a soil grow. Should I up the nutes here at the end?

Other than that, how does she look?

I must say, as my first try I am very happy with myself lol.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

I’ve been water with nutes about once a week at about half the prescribed amount per the feeding schedule from fox farm for a soil grow. Should I up the nutes here at the end?

@Aquaman
@Zombierider @Mikedin @freezeland2

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

How'd it go?? Read through the thread and am curious!

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

How'd it go?? Read through the thread and am curious!
For my first grow, I am very happy. Could def make some improvements when I try again as I learned a lot. I personally haven’t tested out the final product, but two people that have that our daily smokers gave me an 8/10.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

For my first grow, I am very happy. Could def make some improvements when I try again as I learned a lot. I personally haven’t tested out the final product, but two people that have that our daily smokers gave me an 8/10.
Glad to hear it! Looks great! 8/10 is awesome!

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

How did the drying/curing process go? Did you do individual branches or dry all at once?
I cut all the branches at once and hung them for a week. I then trimmed and placed in glass jars for a little over a month burping once a day. Sometimes forgetting to put the lids back on for a day. All in all the smell isn’t all that great coming out of the jars, but once out in the open and allowed to breathe for a while it’s super danky pungent smell that is very pleasing.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

8 out of 10 from your stoner friends... Would love to hear your view of your own work once you finally get the chance. The hardest customer to please generally ends up being ourselves. At least in my case.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

8 out of 10 from your stoner friends... Would love to hear your view of your own work once you finally get the chance. The hardest customer to please generally ends up being ourselves. At least in my case.
Could not agree with you more. To be honest, I was not happy with it until my friends graded it well and I finally put it in a baggy and realized how pungent it smelt. After it sitting in my car for two hours in a zip lock would I sworn I was growing in the car.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Flavor: Skunk, gas, berry, Pine??? Buzz: Speedy, sleepy, trippy, anxious??? - Just asking... For a friend, hahaha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom