Looking for product buying advice.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

All the ones I saw had their own faucets. I was probably paying little attention because of a biased attitude. I will take a better look. I know what you’re telling me is the right thing to do and the only answer unless I really want to hunt and gather water. We both know I don’t and just would if I had to. I just want to make it work. My quality of life would improve in so many ways. Better medicine and saved money. I have to make it work and shouldn’t be saying no to anything.
Here a vid on the proper setup...MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE you flush the carbon cartridge before adding the RO membrain. This show a 4 stage with DI. With my 4 stage I get about 1-2ppm water without iwill be a touch higher but not at all an issue.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
If your garden hose is from the supply before the softener the sodium won't be an issue.

The issue may lie in the makeup of that ppm. Some tap water uses sodium bicarbonate and air large part you want to know thw calcium levels so you can keep your ratios in check. As they usually are highest in calcium with very little mag and that's where the issue comes in. Nutrients can inhibit or cause a higher demand for other nutrients eg. Very high calcium can limit availability of potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and some micros.

Hard water nutes are lower in cal than other nutes to account for this.

If you can screenshot your local water report I'll give you a rundown of possible work arounda for your specific water supply. Just make sure to edit out the location or any personal info.

Just good your city, municipality and water report. It will likely be last years but that fine
This is the 2020 report. I should still bring a sample to be tested? My own pipes or those between could have an effect? Thank you so much.

C03CD847 B60F 433B A790 2A922CDE9653
BE860279 EC09 4BD7 81CA B5FF1D18661A
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Here a vid on the proper setup...MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE you flush the carbon cartridge before adding the RO membrain. This show a 4 stage with DI. With my 4 stage I get about 1-2ppm water without iwill be a touch higher but not at all an issue.

This is much more simple than what I was looking at. I can do this for sure. Would you go from the hose or after the potassium softening? Better for the membrane?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is much more simple than what I was looking at. I can do this for sure. Would you go from the hose or after the potassium softening? Better for the membrane?
After the softener if potassium and before if sodium imo. Reason being is any potassium that gets by will not be nearly any issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I do t see the calcium listed. Does one page say total hardness measure as CaCo3?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I do t see the calcium listed. Does one page say total hardness measure as CaCo3?
I just quickly read it again and didn’t see anything else. It even says something about user end softeners etc., beware the sodium. There is a section it says they use a sodium for treatment. They even say our water isn’t that hard compared to other local sources or whatever. We absolutely have to soften it for clothes and showers. You just can tell the difference. We don’t drink it. https://rotterdamny.org/blob/files.ashx?ID=40262
Does it make any sense why it wouldn’t be listed?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I don’t actually know it was what caused my problem. We had a really bad and rainy summer. Most of July was a total washout. I think my plants flushed themselves of the nutrients in the soil early on and I was told water and go. Here is what they looked like before hell began. They were brought to me as probably 6-8 inch clones in mid June.

527ABBC7 C633 42FF 8281 59AC4BB29ABE
EF3015B7 DBA9 4FC6 8616 982E5297B8BD
5B866489 953E 4B11 AE91 AD46A9EA6627
D7A47F16 6D45 470E AA96 C43D0FBAB54F
SC69

SC69

Supporter
I don’t actually know it was what caused my problem. We had a really bad and rainy summer. Most of July was a total washout. I think my plants flushed themselves of the nutrients in the soil early on and I was told water and go. Here is what they looked like before hell began. They were brought to me as probably 6-8 inch clones in mid June.
Here’s a couple later on into flower. Very stressed from something, I just didn’t know what to do. Also, the last 2 Charlie browns were transplanted by the guy who gave them to me in soil he brought. The healthier two I actually did. It’s really humid here and temps were over 90 a bunch. What happened to doom me for good was an overnight downpour I wasn’t aware of. It rained hard all night. I noticed some bud rot on smaller buds (I know it’s supposed to be big ones but they were ok). Because I didn’t know any better, and didn’t know it was there, I had been throughout the plants touching everything. I knew the rot would spread. I panicked and chopped them. They’re drying but it’s garbage. I can’t even smell it. Haha. I don’t know what would have happened if they got the 3-4 more weeks because the bigger two started to get yellowing leaves too. I know they were never healthy or unstressed. From what I have learned here I am sure the soil itself was flushed of it’s nutes pretty early on and they never got anything again.

F6703CCD FAE6 43E3 AC7D 79976A712114
F905EC92 3603 4D20 8F6E 5D08A4E7A91F
F70371E3 3F5E 4463 B24B 80CAC125ECE1
D8788E86 9965 4758 8233 82ECF6A6D440
Last edited:
SC69

SC69

Supporter
I just quickly read it again and didn’t see anything else. It even says something about user end softeners etc., beware the sodium. There is a section it says they use a sodium for treatment. They even say our water isn’t that hard compared to other local sources or whatever. We absolutely have to soften it for clothes and showers. You just can tell the difference. We don’t drink it. https://rotterdamny.org/blob/files.ashx?ID=40262
Does it make any sense why it wouldn’t be listed?
I keep mentioning sodium and not the calcium you’re looking for because I know it is also not good in large quantities. Not sure if what they are using qualifies. Maybe my water is fine for use and I was just a bad dad.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah sounds like you don't really have a choice... RO will be a must imo.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok. Not to beat a dead horse but reading that for me was above and beyond, so, thank you!
Lol don't thank me yet. There maybe be more to it depending on the media you plant to use. If peat or soil your good there.

If hydro or coco you will need to add some alkalinity back to have a stable ph. Not at all hard to do but just so you are aware.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Lol don't thank me yet. There maybe be more to it depending on the media you plant to use. If peat or soil your good there.

If hydro or coco you will need to add some alkalinity back to have a stable ph. Not at all hard to do but just so you are aware.
I have thought from the start that anything beyond soil, which I now realize I have to prepare and manage better, is my way to start. Did you get a chance to look at the pics I posted? Would water issues have shown up sooner? They looked pretty good in early veg. By the time the next pics were taken it had rained and been cloudy all of July. Most times I took them out of the rain but didn’t always catch it. I likely over watered too. Flushed it all out. Once this really starts I’ll probably be a bigger pain in the arse.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have thought from the start that anything beyond soil, which I now realize I have to prepare and manage better, is my way to start. Did you get a chance to look at the pics I posted? Would water issues have shown up sooner? They looked pretty good in early veg. By the time the next pics were taken it had rained and been cloudy all of July. Most times I took them out of the rain but didn’t always catch it. I likely over watered too. Flushed it all out.
Very possible. Top dress in some worm castings since you are in flower. Then water normally.
I would also shield the pots from direct sun unless it's cold out. Even then, wrap an old sheet around it.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Very possible. Top dress in some worm castings since you are in flower. Then water normally.
I would also shield the pots from direct sun unless it's cold out. Even then, wrap an old sheet around it.
Those are drying. It’s garbage. It was probably 4 weeks early. There was a huge overnight storm. It rained a ton. I noticed bud rot days later (after days of being among them and probably spreading it). I think I got it all. But whatever is saved won’t be anything worthy. But the water I was giving them was from my hose. They just had no nutes left probably for a long time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have thought from the start that anything beyond soil, which I now realize I have to prepare and manage better, is my way to start. Did you get a chance to look at the pics I posted? Would water issues have shown up sooner? They looked pretty good in early veg. By the time the next pics were taken it had rained and been cloudy all of July. Most times I took them out of the rain but didn’t always catch it. I likely over watered too. Flushed it all out. Once this really starts I’ll probably be a bigger pain in the arse.
If out doors organic may be easier if they are exposed to the rain... which I would want to avoid.

They look ok... bit hungry but prob from the rain as that will wash the available nutrients out of the soil and in soil overwatering can affect uptake also so prob had a part in it yeah.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
If out doors organic may be easier if they are exposed to the rain... which I would want to avoid.

They look ok... bit hungry but prob from the rain as that will wash the available nutrients out of the soil and in soil overwatering can affect uptake also so prob had a part in it yeah.
Well, it’s not a total “wash.” 🤣 I am here now and will end up better off in the long run. It hurt bad but I can move on now. There are reasons I was so inattentive as well so, it is what it is.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh and 4 weeks early idk man I'm thinking the majority of the effects from smoking will be a headache lol. Sorry not funny but yeah I would assume it will be extremely tasteless, weak in potency, a bit speedy if anything and give you a headache possibly.

Have you tried it?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Oh and 4 weeks early idk man I'm thinking the majority of the effects from smoking will be a headache lol. Sorry not funny but yeah I would assume it will be extremely tasteless, weak in potency, a bit speedy if anything and give you a headache possibly.

Have you tried it?
We smoked a bud from a branch than had broken in another storm where the plant blew over. We got high from it but it tasted like garbage. I know it’s garbage. I’m new to this part….. I’m 52 and was a former little across the room joint passer. 🤣🤣🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well, it’s not a total “wash.” 🤣 I am here now and will end up better off in the long run. It hurt bad but I can move on now. There are reasons I was so inattentive as well so, it is what it is.
I hear ya bro that thing called life can kick ya until ya fall down then kick ya when your down and finally when it's safe to get up ya smack your head on the table... because well you know that's life. 🙂 but without the crap in life the good times wouldn't seem nearly as good so yeah thats the glass half full side lol.

Top Bottom