Looking for product buying advice.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Yes it will be therapeutic. Keep asking questions on here. If you try to learn it all on your own you will have a permanent headache. But I did research 2 months by myself before I popped a seed. Then I started asking questions. Worst 2 months .
I’m in a bit of a mania triggered by the poor turnout of my outdoor crop. I saved what I could but it chopped way too early. I have learned a lot in the last week. I haven’t slept much. I’m not saying I’m ready today. I’m not going to jump because I want it right. I do want to start in October though.

2Bad

2Bad

I’m in a bit of a mania triggered by the poor turnout of my outdoor crop. I saved what I could but it chopped way too early. I have learned a lot in the last week. I haven’t slept much. I’m not saying I’m ready today. I’m not going to jump because I want it right. I do want to start in October though.
What medium are you choosing?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Yea it truly depends what the "250-400" is made up of rather than how high it is. I would try it. see if it's bad you can always head to a hydro store during veggin
This is what I don’t understand. What I’m reading is it’s too much calcium and magnesium, I’m sure there’s more, and I know they do need some. In the water report these aren’t even listed. Why would that be? It’s just a part of “hardness?” I know the sodium softener is bad and why. What if I switch to potassium? I could add calcium and magnesium right (CalMag?).
The other side of this is there is a workaround my sister lives in the town we grew up in about 12 miles from me. They have great water. It would be tedious but I’d buy those sideline sized water coolers and take it from her and store it.

weedshoes

weedshoes

I’m afraid to ask him because I don’t want him to think I’m looking for discounts.

I'm always looking for discounts. Unabashedly. Just don't abuse any one person and you may be surprised how excited people are to help.

2Bad

2Bad

This is what I don’t understand. What I’m reading is it’s too much calcium and magnesium, I’m sure there’s more, and I know they do need some. In the water report these aren’t even listed. Why would that be? It’s just a part of “hardness?” I know the sodium softener is bad and why. What if I switch to potassium? I could add calcium and magnesium right (CalMag?).
The other side of this is there is a workaround my sister lives in the town we grew up in about 12 miles from me. They have great water. It would be tedious but I’d buy those sideline sized water coolers and take it from her and store it.
I don't have experience in water hardness but maybe @Aqua Man might be able to answer that.. he says his ppm is 250-400 Aqua should he be worried or na?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I don't have experience in water hardness but maybe @Aqua Man might be able to answer that.. he says his ppm is 250-400 Aqua should he be worried or na?
The way you’re all so helpful and cool about these things is great. I’ve read some posts on another site and they are rude and condescending to each other, I didn’t join it. That will never help me. I truly appreciate it all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Calcium will be CaCo3. In most cases with your ppm it will be high and mag will be very low. IMO This imbalance will cause issues if not accounted for at that ppm

Sodium you want under 20ppm imo.

Don't use any water through any softener.

Preferable with that ppm you will want RO and at a min 50/50 tap/RO.

I'm off to get some sleep but be back in a few hrs. If you have any queations

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’m having a new one put in. I’m an on an extreme budget and those would be too big. Plus the space. That’s another issue i need to talk about is location. A bigger tent would up the cost of everything and space is an issue. The bigger chunk of my budget is going to go for this light it looks like. I’ve read a bunch of stuff about not being afraid of the cheaper ones but I am.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
This was the one I was originally sure I’d get. Then I saw a site that calculates the needed ppm, and found a light that exceeds that where this one is under it. The more expensive by about $250 650R is cool too. Am I over thinking? These work fine in a 5x5? There’s nothing professional about this at all. It’s just mom and I. I don’t want to spend much more on a light but once I’m pulling the first batch of autos (figure a good way to learn to deal with them) after the cure, I’m saving a minimum of $750 a month. It’s a no brainer. It will be tough financially until I get there but it will clear up immediately after.

freezeland2

freezeland2

This was the one I was originally sure I’d get. Then I saw a site that calculates the needed ppm, and found a light that exceeds that where this one is under it. The more expensive by about $250 650R is cool too. Am I over thinking? These work fine in a 5x5? There’s nothing professional about this at all. It’s just mom and I. I don’t want to spend much more on a light but once I’m pulling the first batch of autos (figure a good way to learn to deal with them) after the cure, I’m saving a minimum of $750 a month. It’s a no brainer. It will be tough financially until I get there but it will clear up immediately after.
That HLG light is on sale at a great price point and it will blast in a 5x5 both in veg and flower. Don’t know what other lights you have been looking at. I have a HLG RSpec Scorpion. Very similar but slightly different design. It grows some great plants.

2Bad

2Bad

Calcium will be CaCo3. In most cases with your ppm it will be high and mag will be very low. IMO This imbalance will cause issues if not accounted for at that ppm

Sodium you want under 20ppm imo.

Don't use any water through any softener.

Preferable with that ppm you will want RO and at a min 50/50 tap/RO.

I'm off to get some sleep but be back in a few hrs. If you have any queations
Love this guy

weedshoes

weedshoes

The 600 + the UV bar still comes in less expensive than the 650 with the current sales HLG is running. I'd be curious to see if that UV bar boosts the 600 performance past the 650.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
That HLG light is on sale at a great price point and it will blast in a 5x5 both in veg and flower. Don’t know what other lights you have been looking at. I have a HLG RSpec Scorpion. Very similar but slightly different design. It grows some great plants.
I was just looking at that. The price point on the 600 is easier for me right now. I want the better one of course but have to stay in my budget and what will fit my needs. I can’t always do that. I’m proud of myself right now that I didn’t just look for most powerful, most well rated and expensive and buy it. I’ve seen one that I like a lot. Fits all the written “requirements” I’ve seen but is just outside the budget. I know ppl grow fine without it. Haha.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
The 600 + the UV bar still comes in less expensive than the 650 with the current sales HLG is running. I'd be curious to see if that UV bar boosts the 600 performance past the 650.
On their site or really just any? Go ahead and get the UV bar and add it for flowering? I only watched a short video this morning at 4am.

weedshoes

weedshoes

On their site or really just any? Go ahead and get the UV bar and add it for flowering? I only watched a short video this morning at 4am.
It is on their site, also on sale right now.. Yes, that's what I'm suggesting. But like I said, I don't like to pay full price for anything, so I'm biased.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Love this guy
This will present a problem. The hose water is completely hard. The water in the house has to be put through a softener. I can change the medium from sodium to potassium but it has to stay because of clothes and showers. I could put it through an R/O after that but I don’t like the idea of waste. It takes 2-4 hours to fill a new tank. What do I do at flush time when I need 15 gallons a plant? Heavy flower when they take a lot? I could get large sideline type coolers and take water from my sisters but that’s going to be laborious. I could tire of it easily. I can’t carry it is the first problem. I could fill it by using gallon jugs. How long can it be stored? Thank you! Hope you rested well.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
It is on their site, also on sale right now.. Yes, that's what I'm suggesting. But like I said, I don't like to pay full price for anything, so I'm biased.
I don’t like full price either. I like sales and savings. I just don’t like too cheap to be true, or inflated crap. I know the HLG is not crap. This is probably what I’m going to do. I’m afraid to pull the trigger but don’t want to miss the sale. I’m so afraid of making a mistake.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I don’t like full price either. I like sales and savings. I just don’t like too cheap to be true, or inflated crap. I know the HLG is not crap. This is probably what I’m going to do. I’m afraid to pull the trigger but don’t want to miss the sale. I’m so afraid of making a mistake.
You’ll be happy with that HLG. I don’t run UV light and I do just fine without one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom