Looking for product buying advice.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weedshoes

weedshoes

5 gallon water jugs, the kind you see on water coolers, may be easier to manage than sideline coolers. If you always have 6 on standby, you should be good.

My HLG lights are the lowly 135 kits. I keep wanting to turn it up but my plants say no (cowards). I don't think you'll feel undergunned in a 5x5 with the 600 for a personal grow. As far as I know that was THE light for that size until the 650 came out.

growsince79

growsince79

This was the one I was originally sure I’d get. Then I saw a site that calculates the needed ppm, and found a light that exceeds that where this one is under it. The more expensive by about $250 650R is cool too. Am I over thinking? These work fine in a 5x5? There’s nothing professional about this at all. It’s just mom and I. I don’t want to spend much more on a light but once I’m pulling the first batch of autos (figure a good way to learn to deal with them) after the cure, I’m saving a minimum of $750 a month. It’s a no brainer. It will be tough financially until I get there but it will clear up immediately after.
Just wondering why you would choose autos for your first grow. Photos are much easier and more forgiving from what I hear. Some photos can finish just as fast too.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I don’t like full price either. I like sales and savings. I just don’t like too cheap to be true, or inflated crap. I know the HLG is not crap. This is probably what I’m going to do. I’m afraid to pull the trigger but don’t want to miss the sale. I’m so afraid of making a mistake.
This is an auto flower under an HLG RSpec

05FD536C DBF6 4C37 9C0F C37C32998104
SC69

SC69

Supporter
You’ll be happy with that HLG. I don’t run UV light and I do just fine without one.
They aren’t much and it’s something I can add later if it’s beneficial. I am taking my time but also very anxious to get started. Trying to not make the mistakes I made outdoors. I was supposed to have full guidance throughout but that fell through. I may have been doomed from the start because of hard water.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Just wondering why you would choose autos for your first grow. Photos are much easier and more forgiving from what I hear. Some photos can finish just as fast too.
The thinking is to give myself experience dealing with them in that stage. Also just to get a fast harvest to get back on a living budget. I thought I’d go right to photo after the first run. I have to purchase this stuff, plus my medicine every month. It’s going to get tough.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
There is also three other plants in that room under the same light.
I’m convinced. I do like the dimmer dial on other models (even though I don’t know when to use it yet) but dimming this one just needs a screwdriver. Easy enough.

2Bad

2Bad

The thinking is to give myself experience dealing with them in that stage. Also just to get a fast harvest to get back on a living budget. I thought I’d go right to photo after the first run. I have to purchase this stuff, plus my medicine every month. It’s going to get tough.
Thing is you never know what you'll get from an auto its sorta a gamble.

growsince79

growsince79

My photos usually finish in less than 100 days from sprout. Much better quality than autos too.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’m convinced. I do like the dimmer dial on other models (even though I don’t know when to use it yet) but dimming this one just needs a screwdriver. Easy enough.
The HLG Rspec scorpion has a dimmer knob but not worth the added cost. You really might want to consider photos. Depending on strain they can run about the same amount of time as an auto.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
My photos usually finish in less than 100 days from sprout. Much better quality than autos too.
It gives me something to think about. I’ve seen autos that have a possibility of 27% THC. I’m not questioning you. You obviously have more experience than I do. This is the kind of feedback I need and is appreciated. I’m just so let down about the outdoor I want something successful ASAP.

weedshoes

weedshoes

Photos are an especially good idea if you don't trust/haven't dialed in your water.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
The HLG Rspec scorpion has a dimmer knob but not worth the added cost. You really might want to consider photos. Depending on strain they can run about the same amount of time as an auto.
I would do that if I find a strain that is almost as quick. A couple weeks wouldn’t affect much. I don’t think I’ll have a problem growing veg stage plants if my light is correct and I get the conditions correct. I do need to learn to prune etc too. You are probably right that dealing with a start to finish product may be best.

growsince79

growsince79

It gives me something to think about. I’ve seen autos that have a possibility of 27% THC. I’m not questioning you. You obviously have more experience than I do. This is the kind of feedback I need and is appreciated. I’m just so let down about the outdoor I want something successful ASAP.
I keep hearing that but still haven't actually smoked any that were as good as my weakest photos. A couple friends grew several last year-no thanks.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Photos are an especially good idea if you don't trust/haven't dialed in your water.
I think the only real thing I can do is take it from my sisters. I’ll just have to deal with it. That means I need outside help (quite a bit) because I have to be careful physically. I can’t carry even a 5 gal jug. I can handle two 1 gals. Then we have the back and forth up and down stairs. Again, I can do some but am limited. I’ll start this way until I get something else figured out. I don’t think I’m going to go RO. I was born an actual hippie to real hippies. I can’t waste a gallon of water just to get a clean gallon for a plant.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I keep hearing that but still haven't actually smoked any that were as good as my weakest photos. A couple friends grew several last year-no thanks.
Could it have been the strains and the growth? I have seen many say the exact opposite. I can’t say either way. I’m not using anything that fresh. Which is also why I have to just get this started. I see your screen name. Please don’t think I’m not hearing you. I am. I’m just desperate and want it ASAP.

weedshoes

weedshoes

Being limited on what you can lift makes water moving water tough. Maybe 1 gallon jugs and a cistern.

growsince79

growsince79

I think the only real thing I can do is take it from my sisters. I’ll just have to deal with it. That means I need outside help (quite a bit) because I have to be careful physically. I can’t carry even a 5 gal jug. I can handle two 1 gals. Then we have the back and forth up and down stairs. Again, I can do some but am limited. I’ll start this way until I get something else figured out. I don’t think I’m going to go RO. I was born an actual hippie to real hippies. I can’t waste a gallon of water just to get a clean gallon for a plant.
You can always collect rain.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Being limited on what you can lift makes water moving water tough. Maybe 1 gallon jugs and a cistern.
I’ll make it work. I’ve suffered for less before. I don’t follow the rules always. I could get really hurt though. So, I’d need to be disciplined to not try it myself. Sometimes I do that so I don’t have to bother people. But a disc could always pop at any minute or movement.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
You can always collect rain.
I am going to start that too. It will help for much of the year. I’d just not be able for a few months in winter. How long can it be stored? Do you know? Even the water from my sister.

Top Bottom