Looking for product buying advice.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I am going to start that too. It will help for much of the year. I’d just not be able for a few months in winter. How long can it be stored? Do you know? Even the water from my sister.
IDK I always use it within a few days. I get ro water for 35c/g the rest of the time. I just run a 2 x4 so its cheap.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
IDK I always use it within a few days. I get ro water for 35c/g the rest of the time. I just run a 2 x4 so its cheap.
A couple to few days is good enough for me to know. It’s not like I’ll be lugging water around from my sister daily.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have grown some pretty decent autos that would leave a dent in ya.
Which is likely to be better than what I’m getting now too. I’m in NY. Our medical dispensaries don’t have flowers. I’m not driving to mass monthly and spending 30% tax for fresher (not always) stuff. I need to get away from the commercial side of this whole thing. I just need a first crop to get me through. The faster and easier the better. I want to learn too. Just to be around them and care for them.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
What medium are you choosing?
Sorry I missed this. I will be starting in soil. Mom does a lot of outdoor flower gardening (the water is not a problem for any of them). We can mix a good soil and I’ve looked into recipes for weed in particular. I think we will mix a good soil.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
This is an auto flower under an HLG RSpec
This would give me medicine and confidence. After harvesting this (realizing I probably won’t reproduce what you have in the picture the first time) I would move to regular process. From seed. That is the end goal and when ready and experienced, I’ll add a second tent, or build a split room down there. Probably easier.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I read it wrong. Sorry are you doing one 5x5 and you want a light for it? LED arrays are like 2k. And an HPS combo is around 240. And a CMH 630 is like 320. What's the goals? Low cost first yield out the door? Or premium light, premium conditions. Try to grow some new strains and have some monster buds?
Somewhere in the middle. All for personal use. I’m spending $750 minimum a month for 2 of us, with me being the bigger portion. I’m easy $500+ at a very minimum. I could spend more for better product, but this is what I can afford. I do get it for less than most. Anything beyond what I need would be cooked into edibles, pressed etc. as well as given as gifts to the brother in laws and nephew. When I’ve learned more I would likely move into more advanced options. I’m no where close yet.

2Bad

2Bad

Somewhere in the middle. All for personal use. I’m spending $750 minimum a month for 2 of us, with me being the bigger portion. I’m easy $500+ at a very minimum. I could spend more for better product, but this is what I can afford. I do get it for less than most. Anything beyond what I need would be cooked into edibles, pressed etc. as well as given as gifts to the brother in laws and nephew. When I’ve learned more I would likely move into more advanced options. I’m no where close yet.
Yea that's crazy for a month probably the price difference where you are at. In ny I pay 350-400 for 2 zips of great bud. Then 10 a gram on wax. Good prices but still adds up.

Ponky

Ponky

Ok. I would do a 2x4 with a 4 bulb T5HO light. 4 inch duct fan. Be right around 300. And a 5x5 with either a 630 watt budget CMH. Or a 600 watt HPS. And a 6 or 8" duct fan and filter combo. Be around 700 ish. And then I would buy promix. Some one part foods in bulk. And some nursery pots. Build a bubble cloner. Budget like 1200 to 1500. And you can have have solid 1 or more every 9 to 10 weeks.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This was the one I was originally sure I’d get. Then I saw a site that calculates the needed ppm, and found a light that exceeds that where this one is under it. The more expensive by about $250 650R is cool too. Am I over thinking? These work fine in a 5x5? There’s nothing professional about this at all. It’s just mom and I. I don’t want to spend much more on a light but once I’m pulling the first batch of autos (figure a good way to learn to deal with them) after the cure, I’m saving a minimum of $750 a month. It’s a no brainer. It will be tough financially until I get there but it will clear up immediately after.
We use 2 tents to make sure we have enough for both of us. First tent is 2 month Veg, second tent is 2 months Flower. We have a harvest every 2 months of a decent amount.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Yea that's crazy for a month probably the price difference where you are at. In ny I pay 350-400 for 2 zips of great bud. Then 10 a gram on wax. Good prices but still adds up.
I’m in NY (capital region) and for regular decent bud I pay between $245-265 an oz. anyone with anything super crazy fresh or awesome can easily get $400. I can’t pay that. You’d think it would make me use less but it doesn’t work out that way. Much of my therapy involves the odor, the touch and feel. I almost never “need” more. Hahah.

Ponky

Ponky

Went to the spot the other night to smoke. And Ps of kill Pink were 450. Nice smelling well trimmed smoke.
I’m in NY (capital region) and for regular decent bud I pay between $245-265 an oz. anyone with anything super crazy fresh or awesome can easily get $400. I can’t pay that. You’d think it would make me use less but it doesn’t work out that way. Much of my therapy involves the odor, the touch and feel. I almost never “need” more. Hahah.
It's 450 for a pound of kush here now. Used to be over 2k. Legalization changed the game. Made weed prices crash.

Ponky

Ponky

I'm high. Repeating myself. Was going to suggest a rosin press.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Sorry I missed this. I will be starting in soil. Mom does a lot of outdoor flower gardening (the water is not a problem for any of them). We can mix a good soil and I’ve looked into recipes for weed in particular. I think we will mix a good soil.
Soil. We use Lush. It's a living soil already and we give it a couple of amendments for weed and that's it. The rest is pretty much just watering.
I'm about to start a new thread where we are going to do a full organic grow with a Spider-Farmer 1000.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
We use 2 tents to make sure we have enough for both of us. First tent is 2 month Veg, second tent is 2 months Flower. We have a harvest every 2 months of a decent amount.
I am sure I will go down that road. I am on a super tight budget although I’m trying not to let that affect the products I’m choosing. Mom knows it’s important to me and has offered $500. I mean, I didn’t say it but she’s going to benefit too. I’m appreciative but, yea, you probably should help. Hahaha. She wants to help because she thinks it will be good for me to have something to take care of. Upstairs apartment is bigger and I could use a whole room. Trying to talk her into switching now. It can get hard because I don’t want to tell her she’s old and can’t keep going up the stairs. lol.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Went to the spot the other night to smoke. And Ps of kill Pink were 450. Nice smelling well trimmed smoke.
It's 450 for a pound of kush here now. Used to be over 2k. Legalization changed the game. Made weed prices crash.
$450 a pound? I’d drive any distance to buy that. That would get me through until I get a crop. Probably including drying and curing.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Soil. We use Lush. It's a living soil already and we give it a couple of amendments for weed and that's it. The rest is pretty much just watering.
I'm about to start a new thread where we are going to do a full organic grow with a Spider-Farmer 1000.
Water is an issue I have to figure out. I’m not willing to do RO. No judgment. It’s just not something I would want to do. Even at a good ratio of 1/1, I can’t justify it. I want to help myself but also do no harm.

Ponky

Ponky

$450 a pound? I’d drive any distance to buy that. That would get me through until I get a crop. Probably including drying and curing.
Yeah. it's almost not worth growing. There is so much weed that if there is even a slight problem with it you might aswell compost it. It's never been like this before. Legal weed is just gross though. Always waxy or peppery bullshit.

freezeland2

freezeland2

This would give me medicine and confidence. After harvesting this (realizing I probably won’t reproduce what you have in the picture the first time) I would move to regular process. From seed. That is the end goal and when ready and experienced, I’ll add a second tent, or build a split room down there. Probably easier.

That is a Girl Scout Cookies Auto Flower that went from seed to finish in 84 days. Yielded 6 oz dry cured bud. I didn’t weigh the trim I also saved from it but it was a bit. Gonna use all my trim for hash someday.

Top Bottom