Lost's MPB's

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boots Sugarleaf

Nope, Ill be running both.

I have 2 rooms and Undercurrent is providing the unit. Its going to be a 4 plant grow on 40 inch centers, with their 13 gallon tubs.. It will be much like this MPB grow, so it will be a great reference. I have a feeling the undercurrent is going to be sick..

When life gets you down, you smoke a bowl and figure out how to fix it. I've had one of the worst past 30 days evar, 2 surgerys, and another one on the horizon, but life goes on with or without you..

try to let your body heal bro! sorry you have to go thru that.

and the undercurrent is simply sick! I am sure you will rock it

L

Lost

Nice score on the UC system.
Cant wait to see how the 13 g setup does.
And bro you know I am super busy. But dont hurt youself.
If you need me just PM me. And I am making a fresh batch of snickers.
So I will be needing to come see you any way's.

It would be great to hang out and smoke a bowl bro, I could use it! hahah

I got some stuff for you as well. Are you interested in The White cutting? I'm about to take some, so let me know and i'llo take some extra for ya.. Also got a mean Grape Romulan..

L

Lost

Most likely neither. Im going to hit it with Raskal's OG Pollen. I don't think there is enough market demand to grow The White. I also have heard its better to use The White with other strains and make seeds. I dunno, well see!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey Lost,
since you are gonna be running both your MPB's and a UC system, are you going to be doing a growth comparison between the two?

E

easypleasie

Damn homie, hope your recovery goes well. Try not to overdue things!

Looks like you're gonna make your own white fires! I have one vegging in coco that i'm gonna throw in the mpb room along with the others.

I'm glad to see you're gonna be running the UC along with the mpbs. Really looking forward to it. When are you gonna have it running?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery Lost! :damnhippie:

Congrats on the UC System test too! :cool

Y

YoungDro

those drains are real high how many gallons r in those buckets? hope ur not using too much h20

it looks good thou i got those hoses in my laundry room lol

i need to go shopping soon mpbs are goin in the basement right way

L

Lost

Just curious, why do you think high drains are a bad thing. My tubs average 20-22 gallons full :)

Also check out my MPB build tutorial to see how I use a bucket to raise the pot to create a /\ drip line..

L

Lost

No problem, your setup is so sick! Monday we will get her fired up :)

Y

YoungDro

Just curious, why do you think high drains are a bad thing. My tubs average 20-22 gallons full :)

Also check out my MPB build tutorial to see how I use a bucket to raise the pot to create a /\ drip line..

all im thinking is that you might have more water in those buckets than you really need.

doubleds says there are 5 gallons of water in his buckets, but of course it doesent mean it will be the same thing as a 5 gallon bucket, no lol

E

easypleasie

I use the same size tubs as DD and mine hold 8 gallons with the netpots i'm using. DD was/is using 10 liter buckets so they sit lower in the bins and the water level didn't need to be so high. I personally like having less water cause it's easier to chill and you don't have to use as much nutes. I honestly couldn't tell ya if there's any advantage or not to having more water. It's still a lot of trial and error at this point...but somebody's gotta do it! Yo Lost, maybe you could try a tub with less water for a comparison?

L

Lost

those drains are real high how many gallons r in those buckets? hope ur not using too much h20

it looks good thou i got those hoses in my laundry room lol

i need to go shopping soon mpbs are goin in the basement right way

all im thinking is that you might have more water in those buckets than you really need.

doubleds says there are 5 gallons of water in his buckets, but of course it doesent mean it will be the same thing as a 5 gallon bucket, no lol

I use the same size tubs as DD and mine hold 8 gallons with the netpots i'm using. DD was/is using 10 liter buckets so they sit lower in the bins and the water level didn't need to be so high. I personally like having less water cause it's easier to chill and you don't have to use as much nutes. I honestly couldn't tell ya if there's any advantage or not to having more water. It's still a lot of trial and error at this point...but somebody's gotta do it! Yo Lost, maybe you could try a tub with less water for a comparison?

I probablly will not make a lower tub to experiment. It took me some time to get to where I have now and I just don't feel like experimenting around again, plus I am sure of my previous results. Here is why I do what I do: Without going into driplines (no not the top feed kind), the simple and easy reason is: Rope roots. If the roots have a downward path and they are no submerged, it creates rope roots which are ineffective. Its that simple, the water needs to be at least close to touching the bottom of the pot or you get them. I prefer the water just touching to 1/2 inch up the netpot. No rope roots since I went this route..

L

Lost

Also why would the roots be better hanging in the air as opposed to continually washed in clean cold nutes? This is a dwc system so embrace it!

Y

YoungDro

On Board...
right on man, im gonna use the buckets from info grow cuz i think the 16 gallon buckets work well and the 27 gal ones from home depot just arent what i would like to use for this nice sys, but yeah your nute line is good then for that size bucket. just gotta use a ton of water lol

L

Lost

It just depends on how big of a tree you want to grow.. :)

It will be another few weeks getting the undercurrent system, then getting it all set up, but it should be a sweet run, :)

Y

YoungDro

It just depends on how big of a tree you want to grow.. :)

It will be another few weeks getting the undercurrent system, then getting it all set up, but it should be a sweet run, :)

my theory is that if you use more water than dds reccomends then you must up the amt of light around your plants so those plants actually make use of the extra space for the roots to grow. but i dont know really if the roots will grow out into them fully with the way you are doin it.? how does it look in those buckets?

L

Lost

Youngdro -

I believe there might be something to this. I had a plant getting light from 4 1000'S and a 1500. It heally got huge, actually outgrew the capeability of the system. Plant got about 9 feet tall (it was pulled over horzontially and tied.). DUnno what the yield will be as its finishing up now, but it probablly not going to be that good because it did not get the care it needed. (Went on vacation, a/c broke first day and room was 97+ for 7 days, chiller could not keep up, then the pests came because of the stress and temp, its dominoes when you fuck up, lol..)

Y

YoungDro

dam i think doubleds is doing 8,000 watts of light a plant with 80-gallon mini-rez....i dont think people are ready to see something like that lol

Top Bottom