Lsd sweet poison and power kush

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

Not soon enough Mrs. Strange won't even look at em.....I said enjoy the process she said I want to enjoy the product lol....thank you everyone for your comments encouragement and wisdom
JS

J

JonathonStrange

Day 21
lsd

IMG_1987.JPG
IMG_19881.JPG
IMG_19901.JPG
IMG_19911.JPG
IMG_19921.JPG
IMG_19931.JPG
IMG_19951.JPG
IMG_199511.JPG

Green Poison

IMG_19701.JPG
IMG_19731.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1975.JPG
IMG_19761.JPG
IMG_19772.JPG

Power Kush
IMG_1982.JPG

Am super happy with green poison, it was strong from the begining and have high hopes for the finish.
The LSD as others have said is a very light feeder so I was diluting my mixed nutes at 5-1 and feed the other two at full strength.
The Kush is a little behind the other two in terms of development and the other photos of her were blurry (trying not to play favorites among them) so I didn't post em

Have never had plants go this far could someone clue me in on what I should be looking for in terms of bud development. Like will all those seprate bud sites join together?
Also should i consider pruing of a majority of the leafs..Have seen this done in books. My thinking is i could get a lot more lights on the buds. Or is it to late to do it or just not a good idea.
Thank you for stopping and all input is greatly appreciated.

audius

audius

imo taking jst a few fan leaves wont hurt your plant to much, but dont go crazy with it. you still got a month to go & those buds will want food at the ready. some growers tuck there fan leaves or cut em in half like you do clones. i wouldnt touch the lil sugar leaves at all. JS with your light your only gonna get so much light pen, bigger is better in this case. just kick back & enjoy the show. & yes as far as my wife opinion, she was like yours ,only cared about the product . now the sour jokers have her eyes which is kinda kool. so she might turn around yanever know. just keep doing what your doing mang youll get there.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking good - Id say your right where you should be for bud developement atm

some plants (strains or phenos) will always start out faster then others - so I wouldnt worry about that - some start slow and finish hard - some of them will stack colas and others grow golf balls - just how it is

as far as leaves you can take off a few older leaves here and there - like audius said dont get crazy and dont touch the smaller leaves at all

your well on your way bro

keep it up

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Lookin good so far i would just pluck a few giant fan leaves if there in the way of some buds but its not needed cuz ur canopy isn't that thick at all.. There stacking nice if u had a bigger light like a 1000 watt u would see some mega buds.. With lower watts ur buds can only get so big.. Urs look pretty damn good 4 ur 1st run..the biggest changes will happen after the 4th week.. Ur buds r juss gettin started it's gunna get really fun in a week or 2.. Good luck

S

shado

Hey man looking really good.
seen as your getting comments about cutting fan leaves and what not,thought i throw in my 2c, I'm on my first grow and i started tucking fan leaves early on rather then cutting them, i thought it would be better that way incase cutting would stress them

phenotyper

phenotyper

JS, those plants look really nice. Development looks spot on. That LSD has some excellent structure. I love a densely packed sativa that opens it's structure to allow for light penetration. Did you take clones?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Its not too late to take clones my man (in fact its the perfect time). If it were me, I would chop some of those little bottom branches out and root them, since they will end up being loose popcorn anyway under that 250 HPS. The cuts will need to revert, but when they do, they will be bushy as F**, since new growth comes out of each bud site. Some people will say that this messes with your genetics, but I have been doing it on the saime strain for a year, and havent seen a difference in quality (if anything the quality has gone up as I "mastered the strain").

I know you are reluctant due to space issues, but a little dome and a single flourescent is roughly 2' x 1' x 1'... YOU DO HAVE THE SPACE SOMEWHERE. Its not worth kicking yourself when you have harvested, and you have something special. Remeber, all seeds are different, even if they are from the same mommy and daddy. You may have the next big thing there and it would be a shame to lose it. The cost for a dome tray and light would be less than 40 bucks. Get on it.

PS... Looks like you fixed your claw problem. Bump the nutes up slightly next week. Are you using tap water? if yes, adjust pH after you add the silica. Use the silica through week 7. Is good for them, and will help keep pm at bay when winter starts setting in.

If you are using RO, usually your pH will need to come up a little after adding nutes. This is when I use silica as a natural ph up.

As far as your closet goes: Take the door off, attach a piece of panda film over the door opening with some tape, and then you can add ventilation through holes in the panda. Ventilalion is the most critical thing in your set up. You want air moving all the time.

Looking proper in there strange. Keep up the good "work"...

J

JonathonStrange

I will take some cuttings....I love that green poison and it was a feebie so once that was gone it was gone

I am using the silica about every third feeding I can up it if you think i should. I checked the ph run off and it was 7.2 is that to hot for soil for ph down I was gonna use apple cider vinigar.

I can't wait to see what changes happen in week 4. Every thing I have read realy gives you very little week by week description or the photos arn't the angle you want. That's why I pester you guys (lol)

will tuck leaves for better light penetration.

The reason I asked about pruning was I saw a picture of a plant that had been deleafed to the point where it was just bud and stem. What is the advantage to doing this?

At this point in the grow if I pulled the 2 100w cfls and replacing them with 150's (450 cfl ttl) would that make much of a diffrence in growth.
and if i did that are 2 100w cfls gonna be enough light to clone with?

Once again guys Thank You so much for all the help.

audius

audius

hey js hows things with ya, good im hoping. mmm i can think of a few reasons why he stripped her down. if he was in say the last week or 2 of flowering , hes probbly just tring to max out his light or his fan leaves were burnt to a crisp.then again ,he might have just wanted a pic, who knows. i have heard of guys stripping the plants down last 2 weeks of flower but im not one of them. as for your light question, ya ,, more is better bro. i also think for the few clones youve cut that those 2 will get ya threw. might be a lil slow but it should work. how do you plan or doing your clones? rapid rooter or bubbler? ive done both & i like my cloner. im not a fan of the rapid rooters, ive lost alot of clones with those things due to my dumbassness. bugs eating the roots, ect. i havent lost 1 clone in my cloner.

J

JonathonStrange

The only thing I have is plugzs and a dome kit. I think they are rappid rooters

phenotyper

phenotyper

Rapid rooters are great! I prefer them over rockwool any day now. I went from strictly cloning in rockwool/grodan to rapid rooter plugs and I never looked back.

J

JonathonStrange

Gotta say have been having problems with lsd....gave her a regular feeding of dyna-gro bloom and protek ixed on the light side, The other two just loved it. Lsd lot of lower leafs trurned a very pale yellow/green color. Next day flushed it like crazey, that seemed to help. She has been very dificult to find the feed ratio she likes. Have tried going light she lked it better than full but still not happy like the other two. am gonna go with straight water for a cpl feedings and see if that helps. Will also podt picture Have 4 more seeds to work with, she was kind of sickley from the start so I will be intreted to see what her sisters are like.
I was also wondering if you guys thought I should get rid of the 250hps and get the largest high out put florecent like a bad boy or a maxlume. The room is 36lx25w so figure 35x25 wich likes it would give me a 4or 6 bulb unit. I know it would help me heat issues esp in the summer;however would i be giving up light penetration. Or if anyone has any ideas on how to light. It needs to be able to break it down quick because I could have landpord insp so i don't want to cut holes.
Just a general lighting question I have the 250hps and about 350 in cfl....I am not actually getting 600 watts of 's the lights because it the usable light is measured in lumes or am I mistaken.
Sorrey this question is so meandering just trying to to optimize the space but not sure the best approach.

thanks for all the help

phenotyper

phenotyper

I was also wondering if you guys thought I should get rid of the 250hps and get the largest high out put florecent like a bad boy or a maxlume.

Just a general lighting question I have the 250hps and about 350 in cfl....I am not actually getting 600 watts of 's the lights because it the usable light is measured in lumes or am I mistaken.
thanks for all the help

Hey JS! Hope you're doing just swimmingly. Anyhow, I think you should keep the HPS. You're correct in assuming the 600w equivalent is not actually equivalent. The amount of lumens may be the same, but the PAR is not. Definitely keep the HPS around.

Can you post pictures of the LSD? Some sativas are super sensitive to nutrients, which could be your problem. How's the soil PH? What is the runoff ppm and PH for the LSD? What kind of problems are you having with her?

J

JonathonStrange

Just a quick update (will post pics shortly). Watching the LSD i would say that she was serious nitrogen depleted. Her leafs look like they are not producing colarafil because they are more of a yellow color with prominent purple veins. I matched them against multiple images nitrogen depletion. I had flushed her well twice and today gave her a feeding at half strenght. Her bud production seemed to slow to a crawl but she is still producing resin. She is beginig to give off a sweet sandlewood scent. and her pistols are turning reddish on all bud sight. I definetly think when I do my next run of lsd it will be by itself to get a consistant feeding ratio plus she required a lot of attention. I checked her run off PH and it was a little high at 7.1
The green poison is filling in beutifuly she is pumping out resin and her two primary coloas are tightening up nicely.She has multiple bud sights that are in the inch to two inch range. her pistols are runing a florecent green wih touches of blue begning to form her a smell is on the citrus side . I would say that she will be the biggest producer of the three.
I think adding the silica defenitley helped the kush and the poison. I saw a obvious improvement since starting it's use so have been adding it to every feeding. It strengthned up the frame of the plants and the buds have in increased size and girth. As well as increasiing resin production . I would say they are both heavy feeders for sure.
The real suprise has been the power kush. Out of nowhere she has formed about 5 coloas from 5-8 inches each that are very stocky. with three more weeks i can see all the bud sights on the stems conecting and filling out. Her smell is fantastic, kind of a sweet grape soda smell that actualy taste like her soda if you lick your fingers after doing a quick squeeze. she is a little behind the others in resin production but it is well on it's way. I think the weight from this plant will be the coloas but there area few nice buds comeing in. Her pistols are in the begning to turn a slight orange color. She is a pretty plant.
Pics to follow.
thanks for stopping by

hiboy

hiboy

i love grape soda.... yummy\
about ur silicate,, i use it as a ph raiser instead of ph up. normally cut it out the 6 week
h

J

JonathonStrange

LSD Week 5

IMG_20151.JPG
IMG_2017.JPG
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_20201.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG

GREEN POISON

IMG_2024.JPG
IMG_2025.JPG
IMG_20261.JPG
IMG_20271.JPG

POWER KUSH

IMG_2029.JPG
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG
IMG_20332.JPG
IMG_20341.JPG

The LSD is starting to come back from what I thought was Nitrogen deficiency but all comments welcome lol. She has the most pistols that have changed color but to me the trichromes seem clear. She seems like she has stopped producing resin but I would think that 5 weeks is a little early for that.
I have read a lot of threads on flushing and figured I would flush for the last week. When you do that are you doing it like 11/19 is 8 weeks plus a couple days do I start flush by trying to read how cloudy the trichromes are?
Like I said earlier that kush just smells so beutiful, and the poison is starting to get a scent of her own.
would love all feed back on finishing times flushing advice or photos of trichromes as they mature would be really helpful.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this grow.
JS

phenotyper

phenotyper

Wow, JS you are killing it. Those buds look great. I'm not sure how long the LSD runs, if extremely sativa dominant, it could be 10-12 weeks. In my opinion, you may want to give them a nitrogen boost for a feeding along with the flower nutrients. I notice yellowing at the bottom leaves, but for week 5, with a sativa, that may not be optimal for yield. One person's opinion, of course.

That PowerKush is a beast!

Top Bottom