Lsd sweet poison and power kush

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
All looks great Strange. The swelling is yet to come weeks 6,7,8. This will be a very good harvest for you.

That LSD pheno could go 12 weeks easy of you let it. I pulled mine around/after day 80 if I remember right. She is the most finicky girl in my stable, but really, really, good.

For week 5 those look awesome. How are your cuttings doing?
Get a jewelers loop to check your trichs.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Ur plants look great.. It's way 2 early 4 the crystals 2 change colors.. Ur in week 5 so u should have hit ur peek ppm.. Now u should start slowly backing off us nutes lowering the ppm every week.. When I pick my plants I go by days not really by weeks.. Weeks get me confused.. My plants go 63 days so that would b the last day of week 9.. I flush 10-14 days b4 the 63rd day.. Ur prolly going 8 weeks so I would flush on day 46 that would give u a nice 10 day flush b4 u pick at day 56.. When u start flushing u will see the crystals start 2 change big time.. Ur plants look killer so far but just wait cuz the real weight is gunna start.. Ur plants will pack on some size in week 6-8.. Keep up the good work ur almost there

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Wow!!! Been a minute since I checked in on your grow JS!! You have some lovely plants going. Your LSD is more sativa looking than the one I have. Your ph might be too high and causing a little nitro lockout. You generally wanna be in the 6.5-6.3 range in soil for optimum nute uptake. You can try it out by adding a little lemon juice to your water. I do about 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons per gallon and my ph is 7.0. You also have some clawing going on which seems like too much nitrogen. Maybe get the ph down and lighten up on the nutes, but who am I tellin'? Your shit looks real good!!! Keep on with the keepin on!

R

recreationaluse

LSD Week 5

IMG_20151.JPG
IMG_2017.JPG
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_20201.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG

GREEN POISON

IMG_2024.JPG
IMG_2025.JPG
IMG_20261.JPG
IMG_20271.JPG

POWER KUSH

IMG_2029.JPG
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG
IMG_20332.JPG
IMG_20341.JPG

The LSD is starting to come back from what I thought was Nitrogen deficiency but all comments welcome lol. She has the most pistols that have changed color but to me the trichromes seem clear. She seems like she has stopped producing resin but I would think that 5 weeks is a little early for that.
I have read a lot of threads on flushing and figured I would flush for the last week. When you do that are you doing it like 11/19 is 8 weeks plus a couple days do I start flush by trying to read how cloudy the trichromes are?
Like I said earlier that kush just smells so beutiful, and the poison is starting to get a scent of her own.
would love all feed back on finishing times flushing advice or photos of trichromes as they mature would be really helpful.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this grow.
JS
been silently following your journal. great grow! i decided i would chime in a bit on flushing. depending on how far you are going to let your plants go (trich coloration) will help you determine how to flush. for instance ive discovered that if you are going for a strong sativa trait and believe you will harvest at earliest window (some shiny trichs with beginnings of cloudiness) a heavy flush 3:1 water / soil ratio will work well but only if done 3-5 days before harvest. if you are going for a more indica dominant or amber trich coloration harvest i STRONGLY RECOMMEND NO HEAVY FLUSHING WHATSOEVER. all you must do is completely eliminate any type of nutes at first sign of trich degradation. (when trichs begin to go from clear shiny to dull swollen trichs just water. plain old ph'd water). the reason is simple when you do a heavy flush you are overwatering and essentially stressing the plant. photosynthesis will now be slowed or maybe even completely stopped until plant can recover, IF IT RECOVERS. this will in turn ruin your chances of performing a heavy flush, EARLY, to a plant which may potentially still have a week or two to go before you achieved your desired window of harvest. i hope this info will impact your decisions on flushing

J

JonathonStrange

Well thank you very much Rec. What I had planned was on a 56 day time frame. At day 46 I was going to follow my nutrients (cutting edge solutions) flush formula for 5 days then switch to molasses and water for the final 5. If you don't mind could you go in to more on the indica/sativa finishing traits. I haven't read or seen anything on that so I would really love to hear more about that.
Tommorow will be the last feeding that I will be ending the use of the Pro-tek withch would be week 6.
I have also taken clones from the kush and poison
Took what I thought were the best canidates (Kush on left of tray), Cut stem at an angle,removed any bud sights,covered the area with root-tek and inserted them in presoaked rapid root plugs. I did have some nutes mixed at a light foloar mix and gave them a light misting as well as the roof of the dome (hope this was not a mistake). There are no nutes or water in the tray.On the top I have a 100 watt cfl. I can add another one if you guys think I should. ( actually went to had and picked a small 2 bulb t-5 light only to get it home and find that it had no plug lol). I was gonna run light 24/24
I also replaced the closet lights with 150 cfls giving me 3 ttl in the closet 450 cfl/250hps.
This is the first time I have done any cloneing before so PLEASE any and all information you goes got I need.
I do have couple questions
1) do the clones need manicureing I left what I tought what was a lot of leafs on, let me know if I should remove any.
2) should I keep water in the tray or should I water each plug individualy.
3) CES has a formulation has a mixture for rootless clones should I use that instead of water if yes please see question 2(lol)
4)should I add another 100w light
5)is there a good way to monitor them for how they are doing (like will leafs droop a little or other grow charictaristics that I can obsess over)
6) they want to be moist not wet.
or anything I might have missed to help improve my chances of success

IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_20382.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG
IMG_20361.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG

Please if anyone sees anything I can do better please let me know. I know i am asking a lot of questions please understand how much I appreciate it.

thanks guys
JS

J

JonathonStrange

One more thing, Looking at my plants, am I gonna have enough sugar leaf ect to warrent the purchace of an extraction bag set. Plus I have plans to build a tumbler if you guys think that that would be the way to go. If there is not enough what would be the the best method to get the most out of those leafs.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Js, that light looks way too intense for clones. Give them some distance or you will fry them. Personally, I remove everything but the top leaf set in most cases, otherwise big leaves are hard for a plant to support with no root system. Watch your humidity/temperature swings too --- you don't want fungus or mold to take over.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
damn bro your plants are looking great! you have a green thumb my friend - glad to see you first grow looking like some good smoke

what type of light you using for your clones? I find that cheap shop lights are best for rooting - also I usually only leave 2-3 leaves per cut and any real big leaves I cut the ends 1/2 way down to reduce stress

another good tip is to not let your medium be soaking wet

some strains root much easier then others

as far as extraction I would just get a single 5 gallon 100 micron bag and do a dry ice extraction

basically you put your trim and small buds in the bag with some crushed up dry ice and shake it for 2 minutes over a piece of glass

much cheaper then a tumbler and works just as good

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I can't see any of ur last pics u posted.. I'm on a iPhone & if there r 2 many pics on a page the last 1's don't show up it sounds like ur off 2 a good start with ur clones.. I cut about a 5in cut & trim everything except the top leaves no big giant leaves cuz the clone has no roots 2 feed & it's harder 2 keep all those leafs healthy.. The least amount of leaf the easier it is 4 the cut 2 stay alive.. I dip or spray my Lil cuts with anti wilt so they hold in more moister.. I mist them with nutes or plain ro water daily.. I put light nuts in the tray & let the rapid rooters soak up the food about every 2-3 days depending on how hot it is.. Don't ever let the rooters dry out & don't keep them super soggy ether.. I don't keep my T5 rite over the cuts I juss keep the clone tray 2 the side of my veg tent they don't really need that much light 2 root.. If u keep the t5 rite on top of the cuts juss make sure the light is about 6ins from the dome & u should b good.. I take my cuts rite when I start the flowering cycle but I've cut clones with Lil nuggs on them b4 & it juss takes a Lil longer.. Here is a pic of my cuts notice how I juss kept the upper growth & pruned all the lower stuff..
e27a81e3.jpg

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I seen the pics now.. Raise the light a few inches off the dome & prune the lower nodes with some clean scissors & u should b good

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I 4got 2 mention that when I flush with my flushing solution I add my molasses with the flush solution for 4-7 days then ro water for another 5-7 days..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i can't see any of ur last pics u posted.. I'm on a iphone & if there r 2 many pics on a page the last 1's don't show up it sounds like ur off 2 a good start with ur clones.. I cut about a 5in cut & trim everything except the top leaves no big giant leaves cuz the clone has no roots 2 feed & it's harder 2 keep all those leafs healthy.. The least amount of leaf the easier it is 4 the cut 2 stay alive.. I dip or spray my lil cuts with anti wilt so they hold in more moister.. I mist them with nutes or plain ro water daily.. I put light nuts in the tray & let the rapid rooters soak up the food about every 2-3 days depending on how hot it is.. Don't ever let the rooters dry out & don't keep them super soggy ether.. I don't keep my t5 rite over the cuts i juss keep the clone tray 2 the side of my veg tent they don't really need that much light 2 root.. If u keep the t5 rite on top of the cuts juss make sure the light is about 6ins from the dome & u should b good.. I take my cuts rite when i start the flowering cycle but i've cut clones with lil nuggs on them b4 & it juss takes a lil longer.. Here is a pic of my cuts notice how i juss kept the upper growth & pruned all the lower stuff..
e27a81e3.jpg

nice lineup mg!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Js, that light looks way too intense for clones. Give them some distance or you will fry them. Personally, I remove everything but the top leaf set in most cases, otherwise big leaves are hard for a plant to support with no root system. Watch your humidity/temperature swings too --- you don't want fungus or mold to take over.

damn bro your plants are looking great! you have a green thumb my friend - glad to see you first grow looking like some good smoke

what type of light you using for your clones? I find that cheap shop lights are best for rooting - also I usually only leave 2-3 leaves per cut and any real big leaves I cut the ends 1/2 way down to reduce stress

another good tip is to not let your medium be soaking wet

some strains root much easier then others

as far as extraction I would just get a single 5 gallon 100 micron bag and do a dry ice extraction

basically you put your trim and small buds in the bag with some crushed up dry ice and shake it for 2 minutes over a piece of glass

much cheaper then a tumbler and works just as good

JS this is all good advice man. You are doign fine and those little clones look happy.

DONT SOAK THE MEDIA. Kepp it moist, not wet.

audius

audius

JS, hey bro things loook ok to me but like ML said & MG. raise your light just a few inches & clip the fan leaves . i would make a light nute mix say around 250 ppms to folar feed them while they grow roots. that being said i would really watch how much i feed them . you must not over water them. when they say moist ,they meen it. ive killed alot of clones cuz i overwatered them. ok. extraction. if i was you i would get me a tumbler or bubbelbag. i tried the dryice this weekend & i didnt like the quality i got from it. mabee i shook the stuff to much or what ,idk. it wasnt as good as what i got from my DIY tumbler. i cant comment on the bubbelbags just yet or BHO cuz i havent tried them .

J

JonathonStrange

Well ML I have found that when ppl who really know what they are talking about give you advice and you follow it chances are things are going to go our way lol.

J

JonathonStrange

trimmed off the bottom leafs of clones. I did leave some of the bigger leafs on tHW plant that had few leafs. Light has been raised. Will l follow your advise Goo and keep the tray filed and let the RR's do their thing.

A quick question has seen or used the new secret Jardin new tent. It has room for mother plants and a clone shelf. It is tall and narrow withch would realy work with the space i have to work with. Just saw it on thier web sites and would love to know if anyone is using it or could point me to a thread.

a question about the bouble bag. Have just been reading on it but not clear. You take your sugar leaf or anything with trichrome content. Should I also add the tiny buds that arn't going to anything special ? Place it in the bag with could water and Jagged (heard this slices the thrichomes from leafs easier) Aggitate it. squeeze it out over glass. What comes out? Is it just pure wet trichromes? At this point you would roll up the the thrichromes and then press it into a block makeing it hash? or am I missing something. I thought you also needed to apply preasure to force out the moisture. If you could point me to a good thread or have any first hand advice it would be great

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I fill the tray 1/2 way up with water & let the rapid rooters soak up some water for a few mins then dump out the extra water

J

JonathonStrange

Thanks goo got pm.
Here are photos of plants after clipping after clipping lower leafs and raising light. Need to make a sturdier plat form for tray LOL

IMG_20921.JPG
IMG_20891.JPG
IMG_20911.JPG
IMG_20901.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG

all advice more than appricited

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Looks good I've never cut the buds off the top b4 I left the Lil nugg on & new leafs would bust rite out of the tiny nugg.. But I only did that 1 time cuz I usually cut my clones rite b4 I switch to 12/12.. I'm not sure how that will work the way u did it cuz I've never tried cloning a topped cut..

J

JonathonStrange

I plan being smarter about it next time lol. At lest we will see what happens when you do take it late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom