Lurkins Jerkin, It's Like A Party In Your Mouth.

• Thread starter Lurkin4yrs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Yup lmk how it works out, I had to a just the calcium nitrate percentages

Big Whodi

Big Whodi

I've been calculating a mix that can replace GH Floramicro and Florabloom. Pretty much got it all figured out except how much trace minerals to use. I don't want to have to purchase all the different elements individually such as zinc, copper, boron, etc. so I was looking into that Soluable Trace Element Mix at custom hydronutrients like lollipopman posted.

Does anyone know how many grams of that soluable trace element mix you would add per gallon? I'm thinking 0.125 - 0.25 grams per gallon. I was also considering just using chelated Iron and skipping all the other trace elements, since they are in such small percentages, but I'm not sure if that is wise.

Last edited:
Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I don't want to have to purchase all the different elements individually such as zinc, copper, boron, etc. so I was looking into that Soluable Trace Element Mix at custom hydronutrients like lollipopman posted.

Does anyone know how many grams of that soluable trace element mix you would add per gallon? I'm thinking 0.125 - 0.25 grams per gallon. I was also considering just using chelated Iron and skipping all the other trace elements, since they are in such small percentages, but I'm not sure if that is wise.

They may be trace, but they are still essential elements. I'd call it a safe bet your plants will become deficient in ways you could not imagine if you forego the trace elements. Looks like .1 gram per gallon is where you want to be with M.O.S.T- going up to .25 would supply waaaaay too much. Its easy to overdo it with trace elements.

M.O.S.T description:

One gram in ten gallons of water yields approx:

0.5 ppm magnesium

3.43 ppm sulfur

1.98 ppm iron

0.35 ppm boron

2.1 ppm manganese

1.18 ppm zinc

0.01 ppm molybdenum

0.6 ppm copper

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

20150815 200405

next run veggin good. A few small problems.

20150815 201157

a few plants(same strain)look like this, I think they need a little more zinc but I'm now exactly sure. Plants are in coco under t5's @ 800 ppms, I usually get some lighter growth at the top but not yellow/white(this is the new jack skellington strain. I'm thinking of bumping my micros up a little, what do you guys think? @Fresh Starts

20150815 200707

I'm happy my little cm11 is starting v to reveg =)

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

After lookin real good at my pic I see some leaves starting to twist, I'll check my ph of the rest tomarrow. I normally feed at 6.1 but it may have drifted, I'll update tomarrow.

-lurkin

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

The yellowing is hard to diagnose. I would try to foliar spray it with a micro nutrient spray to see if the symptoms improve. I agree that it does look like a Zn problem. If the problem persisted in my garden I would submit leaf and fertilizer samples for analyzing. Easy to figure it out that way

Big Whodi

Big Whodi

Hey Lurkin, I was looking at your nutrient calculations on page 1 and was wondering why your purity level is 48% for Magnesium sulphate (MgSO4). Mine shows 98% purity. Did you change yours to 48%, if so why?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I changed it because the bitter mag I bought from mbferts says 1 gram should be 26ppm mag and 34 ppm sulfur. So I matched it to what I have,otherwise the nute calc would be wrong. Hope that makes sense

-lurkin

Big Whodi

Big Whodi

Cool, I see what you did. I believe you're supposed to put that type of magnesium in the Magnesium sulphate heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H2O) column at 98% purity. When I entered 1 gram into that column, I got the same calculation as MBferts (26ppm Mg Magnesium and 34ppm S Sulfur)

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Yea I figured that put later on, but in used to using that lol. Works for me ;)

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Oh and I succeeded in my first pollen chuck =) I have about 20 JSxJS and about 5(lol) of JSxCM6, i was hoping for more(now i c why you do the while plant) but I'm excited no less haha. I'm a get all this in order and def pop the JSXCM6 next.

I'll get some pics later tonight
-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I lost a pollenated branch and found it last night while trimming(jsXjs) =) I de seeded it there are some seeds that are premature so I'm prob going to have to pollenate a week erlyer next time, I think I'm up to mabe 50 or so seeds now. Viability is unknown at the moment, I'm curious if some of the lighter seeds will pop.

Updates coming soon

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Also I dont like how the "mendo purps" came out, I'll be trashing that cut. I'll prob give the smoke away to a needy person.

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Another thought before I forget, the bmr and sg cuts are rooted, I'll be putting them in flower this run as well to see what I have. I have to clean the flower room and I'm a bomb it because I have some damn white flies(annoying as fuck! Your in there looking around and bam white fly in ur nose lol) I'm putting my new pond liner in aswell.

Once I get everything in there I'll do a good update with a strain list, after this next run I plan to thin my heard a little I'll talk about that later tho, oh and I still owe you guys pics of my jsXjs seeds

-lurkin

Top Bottom