Luv weed hate growing weed

• Thread starter Mbresch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mbresch

Well we watered the plants yesterday and that seems to have helped the drooping. One of the plants has yellow spots all over it. Anyone know what this is and how to fix itp

0FE7B248 DCE1 4930 9B58 9421A97FE64F
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I see a couple of leaves with some yellow spots not all over as you described. Maybe I'm missing something. Not critical in my view but just keep an eye on the plant. If it looks happy then I wouldn't worry too much.

M

Mbresch

I know this is just hypothetical but on the website I got the seeds from it says tied is 500-600g/m2. What does this mean in ounces? I got like 17 ounces whose is a pound. Is this correct or am I missing something.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I know this is just hypothetical but on the website I got the seeds from it says tied is 500-600g/m2. What does this mean in ounces? I got like 17 ounces whose is a pound. Is this correct or am I missing something.
18-21 ounces. I wouldn't expect that much though. Id shoot for the 2-4 ounce mark for a first grow.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Your dry weight harvest is going to depend on how large you grow the plant. If you use training techniques you can increase your per plant harvest.

Grows where I was just doing some basic training like FIMming or Topping a couple times until the plants were around 20" tall then 10 - 12 weeks of flower would usually yield an average of 3 oz of dry weight per plant depending on genetics. We'd run 21 plants in 3 gal cloth pots per 4 x 8 flood tray with 2 air cooled 1000w hoods per tray.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

how do I know when to start the flowering stage?

I'm sure you mentioned it before, but how large is your space including heights?

5 plants, depending on veg time, can fit in a 3 x 3, a 4 x 4, or a 5 x 5. The difference between each tent would be how long you vegged before flipping to flower. Less space = less veg time/more space = more veg time.

The answer also changes with how you intend to grow your plants.

Reactions: TSD
J

JoirsJea

Your yield is gonna be more based on watts per square foot, regardless of which plants fill that space. If you're growing 1 plant in a 2x4 you're gonna get the same yield as 4, granted you veg it long enough to fill out all the square feet that light is being applied to

M

Mbresch

How much longer till I need to start the veg process. Pic above.

J

JoirsJea

To my knowledge it's best to flip when your plants are taking about 50% of your space that is at least far enough from your light not to burn. Different strains and phenos might grow a bit different so you're gonna have to make a judgement call and kinda take mental notes for next time. There's a grip of training techniques you can use to maximize the amount of nodes your plant has to grow buds on as well as the amount of energy each of those nodes can receive. Some techniques such as topping can help you get a nice even canopy, which is a big bonus because you'll end up with more big buds, this will also make trimming a lot easier once you harvest. There's quite a few training techniques so look 'em up and make your own decision due to what you want to do with the grow.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

So this is my first time growing. My wife and I are doing this together and growing is difficult. Below is my specific information. To start I really only have one question. We can’t tell if the plants are doing well or not. We also don’t understand how much to water? Stick my finger in and seems dry so we water. Is this something you do everyday? We have a small humidifier in the room as well. You can see the pics below.

-32x32 tent with ventilation but we don’t turn it on because it removes the humidity.

-viparspectra p2000 light.

-shiskberry seeds
Nice set up but yeah since in seedling give it a little water like u did and leave it alone it's little right now so little bits of water b ok

Knox

Knox

how do I know when to start the flowering stage?
the height of your tent should be the guide as to when you start to flower, also depending on the genetics of the strain your growing and whether its indica/sativa/hybrid and remember to keep your light in the equation.
Here is a link to the growing section in the Learn tab there's alot of info in there if you want to brush up on basics or if you cant hash out an answer from this thread. https://www.thcfarmer.com/learn/categories/growing.37/

edit: I haven't read this through but im sure its good if its in the library they have here!

Step by step guide to growing from seed

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

From the last picture it looks like you're 3.5 weeks in veg. Another week and a half then you can see the size of your plants and if you want to start flowering them but they should be ready to flip if you're doing all 5 in your 3 x 3. You can FIM them to promote more bud sites or top the center sprout and do the same thing or let them run as is and get what you get.

Are you going to be implementing a screen or are you letting them grow vertically?

K

Keldan74

So this is my first time growing. My wife and I are doing this together and growing is difficult. Below is my specific information. To start I really only have one question. We can’t tell if the plants are doing well or not. We also don’t understand how much to water? Stick my finger in and seems dry so we water. Is this something you do everyday? We have a small humidifier in the room as well. You can see the pics below.

-32x32 tent with ventilation but we don’t turn it on because it removes the humidity.

-viparspectra p2000 light.

-shiskberry seeds
Are you checking your ph . Very important.
6.0 works well .

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Proper watering is most important, but pause not as critical as say a spark plug set at the correct gap for the spark. In spark plugs a couple thousands off in the gap will have a large effect. Watering plants does not have to be precise by any means, meaning a few ounces or whatever, I am an old money man, just don't stress them.
I mentioned stress, if you have kids it will be alright, but be prepared if you don't. I went through it with my partner and was alternately ready to kill him or myself multiple times. You may wonder why? There are many opposing opinions on what is best and what is not, when to trim, if you want to trim etc etc. I think anyone growing with a partner has to agree on the division of duties well ahead of time.
I related a little of what happened with us, but we are back at it. I bought an 8X4 and will use the 4x4 as a nursery, so as opposed to being discouraged we have doubled down.
Listen to what most agree on and do a straight up grow, first time around.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Proper watering is most important, but pause not as critical as say a spark plug set at the correct gap for the spark. In spark plugs a couple thousands off in the gap will have a large effect. Watering plants does not have to be precise by any means, meaning a few ounces or whatever, I am an old money man, just don't stress them.
I mentioned stress, if you have kids it will be alright, but be prepared if you don't. I went through it with my partner and was alternately ready to kill him or myself multiple times. You may wonder why? There are many opposing opinions on what is best and what is not, when to trim, if you want to trim etc etc. I think anyone growing with a partner has to agree on the division of duties well ahead of time.
I related a little of what happened with us, but we are back at it. I bought an 8X4 and will use the 4x4 as a nursery, so as opposed to being discouraged we have doubled down.
Listen to what most agree on and do a straight up grow, first time around.
If I may, why not alternate your grows? You captain the first one and employ all the methods you feel are needed and then he captains one. You can compare notes afterwards and figure out what worked best and what didn't. If you have a difference of opinion you can resolve it by agreeing that whatever the forum agrees with is the right answer. Sometimes both ways are fine within the context they are being used so that will also be determined.

Top Bottom