Luv weed hate growing weed

• Thread starter Mbresch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Plants r doing good! Just have a few questions.

1) we’re watering very 5-6 days. How often do we give them nutrients?
2) when should we transplant them to 5 gallon pots?
3) do we need to trim the bottom leaves wait on that?
4) a few of them are leaning. Should and how do we fix that?
1. What soil are they in?
2. I go by when i see roots at the drain holes at the bottom.
3. No need to trim anything.
4. Stake them up. Skewer, pencil, wire, stick, etc.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Since this is your first grow I think it would be best for you to do a basic grow so that you get the hang of the plant itself. After this run you can try a different growing technique like Screen of Green, Mainlining or Sea of Green.

BTW....plants are looking good.

Your plants are approaching the time they can be topped to promote more flower sites. Check the site library for how and when to Top/FIM.

The plants look like you currently have them in quart pots. I would let them grow a little more, top(or FIM) them, let them recover for a few days and transplant them into 3 or 5 gallon pots. In your case, since you won't be using the screen of green method, I would go with a 3 gallon. If you were going to use the screen of green method then I would say go with a 5 gallon since they'll be vegging a little longer to fill the screen. You can still go with a 5 gallon and it won't hurt anything but it really depends on you. 5 gallon pot will reduce watering frequency slightly from the 3 gallon.

I used to have to transplant literally hundreds of plants at a time so I got pretty good at figuring out the best way to do it with the most success. I fill the pot the plant will be transplanted in with media until it gets close to the level where if I stand the pot with the plant in it on top of the media the soil level of the pot should be where I want it. I center the pot on top of the media packing the media somewhat to remove air pockets. I back fill around the pot and also press it in so that no air pockets are left. Once the media is set I remove the plant pot from the larger pot, slip out the plant and media and slip it into the hole the pot left. Pack the soil around it to insure no air pockets and water in the transplant. Another tip is to transplant when the media is dry. It makes it easier to slip out of the pot and it won't crumble in your hands as it comes out of the pot.

At this stage you should be giving them nutrients with each watering.

I forgot to ask. Are these photoperiod, femenized or autoflower seeds?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I think they look good just trying to figure out the next step.
I would wait. Get a little more growth. There's no hard and fast rule even saying that you have to even top your plants. I use a lot of LST and super-cropping to shape my canopy without topping my plants. For now, I'd wait. If you're going to top, plan on vegging for another 10 days to 2 weeks to allow more bushing before flipping to flower.

You'll lose yield if you flip to flower too fast after topping.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

THIS^^^^^

Patience is one of the things most newbs lack in their zeal to get to the finish line. Roll one up and enjoy that your plants are healthy!!!

M

Mbresch

Can’t find any happy frog locally can I transplant them into ocean Forrest? Is it important to stay with the same soul?

Where seeing the roots at the bottom of the pots should we transplant immediately? Or can it wait a few days?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Can’t find any happy frog locally can I transplant them into ocean Forrest? Is it important to stay with the same soul?

Where seeing the roots at the bottom of the pots should we transplant immediately? Or can it wait a few days?
Ocean forest will be fine, in my experience with those 2 soils, the ocean forest has more nutrients.

You can most likely get by for some time.

Ive had plants in solo cups for a month or more. As long as you keep them healthy theyll be good.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Roots at the bottom of a cup or pot can lead to lower leaf yellowing so for the sake of happy plants, I'd transplant as soon as you're able. Besides how hot the soil is, the biggest difference between happy frog and ocean forest is that Happy Frog is buffered with dolomite lime and Ocean Forrest uses oyster shell. I prefer dolomite over oyster shell as my buffering agent. My experience with Ocean Forest is sometimes pH will drift upwards.

Lush by Roots Organic is my preferred mix. If its available locally at a reasonable price, its what I would use. It's a very rich organic mix and buffered with dolomite.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Lush by Roots Organic is my preferred mix. If its available locally at a reasonable price, its what I would use. It's a very rich organic mix and buffered with dolomite.

I use their original formula. What do you like about their Lush formula?

Top Bottom