MAC Stomper best female phenohunt

• Thread starter Buzzy12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 21 of Veg, I'l be transplanting them into 3 gal bags later. Sprayed them with the Sensi Cal Mag Xtra 2 mL/32 fl oz solution.
20230106 094557

Last edited:
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Week 4 Day 1 of Veg, transplanted the MAC Stomper plants into 3 gal Rain Science bags. 65/35 ratio of Sunshine Advanced Grower's Mix #4 to Coast of Maine Stonington Blend. The roots did not look great when I was transplanting. Hopefully some new soil and room for new roots to expand will help these plants grow. They're not nearly as big as they should be at this point. They're now in the 4×4 tent under two HLG 350Rs. PPFD is between 300-400 for now. Temp is 75-80° RH is 50%
20230107 095914

Added some plants to the 4×3 AC Infinity tent. Planning on using this tent as more of a Mother/clone room moving forward. Got one of the HLG 350Rs in there. PPFD between 300-400. Same temp and RH as the other tent. Three Colombian Miracle plants on the left, two M.A.C. and one Flintstones on the right.
20230107 094433

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 22 of Veg, this is what I fed the plants yesterday. pH 6.1, 2000 mL to the MAC Stomper plants and 1000 mL to the Colombian Miracle clone I transplanted to a 2 gal bag.

Advanced Nutrients
Iguana Juice Grow @ 4 mL/L
Grandma Enggy's F-1 @ 2 mL/L
Ancient Earth @ 2 mL/L

I think they look noticeably better already in just one day in their new bags.
20230108 093249

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 23 of Veg, something else I forgot to mention was DynoMyco was mixed into the soil at the 1 tbsp/3 gal of medium rate. The plants are looking much better.
20230109 095141

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 26 of Veg, messed up the last few days with the posts. Moved the lights closer. They're as close as I can get them with the pulleys I'm using. 30" above the canopy, PPFD 500-600. Not sure what Watts the lights are at because for whatever reason HLG doesn't find putting a marker for 25%/50%/75% on the lights important. They're at the second lowest setting they can go.
20230111 075743

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 28, at the end of 4 weeks of Veg. Decided the plants were big enough to take clones off of them. Cut all of the clones at either the 4th or 5th node. Essentially tops the plants as well. Transplanted a M.A.C. clone I had in the humidity dome. Had some good roots on it, not sure what I'l be doing with that plant at this point, but figured it was worth keeping alive for now. Transplanted straight into Sunshine Grower's Advanced Mix #4. Haven't tried that yet. I'm thinking the fluffier soil will be better for intial root expansion. Give that plant some nutrients later. I like to leave the medium just moist vs wet initially, but the Sunshine Grower's mix is pretty dry so I'l be watering that plant in a bit once the lights come back on at 4 pm.
20230113 093842

20230113 101040

My process for taking these clones. Sanitized my scissors and X-acto blade with 99% isopropyl alcohol. Made a 1 tbsp/32 fl oz of Azos solution 6.2 pH. Soaked the Root Riot cubes in the solution for at least 10 mins. Put some Clonex rooting gel in a small tube. Cut the clones above the 4th or 5th node. Sliced a fresh 45° angle at the base with the sharp X-acto blade. Cut the tips of the fan leaves to help force the roots to grow. Dipped the cut into a solution of one part the Azos solution to two parts water according to the label for 15 seconds. Dipped the cut into the Clonex gel three times. Squeezed the Root Riot cubes (In my experience this is a very important step that cannot be overlooked. If the pods are too wet the roots will have a hard time expanding, they need oxygen.) Pop the cut into the cube and set it in the humidity dome. Sprayed the clones with Clonex @ 1 tsp/32 fl oz. The RH is up around 90% and the temp is at 70-75° with the lights on. Pretty much the same if not a little bit warmer with the seedling mat on when the lights are off. I have that on a timer. PPFD is 150-200, running three Barrina 24W LED 5000K full spectrum lights at 12" above the canopy.
20230113 103548

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 29 of Veg, the plants handled getting topped yesterday, no issues.
20230114 094304
I've pin pointed a problem with one of my nutrient bottles. I've never used the OG Organics version of Bud Candy before and I think it's gone bad on me. It smelled at first, but the smell has gotten worse over time. I think something is fermenting in the bottle. I stopped using it for a few weeks and decided to add it in to the nutrient solution for the Mother plants last night and they didn't look great this morning. They've been doing really well since getting into their 2 gal containers. I e-mailed Advanced Nutrients to get their opinion on it. I decided to give them some Azos and Orca this morning to reintroduce good beneficial bacteria into the soil.
Feeding last night
Advanced Nutrients
Iguana Juice Grow @ 4 mL/L
Ancient Earth @ 2 mL/L
Grandma Enggy's F-1 @ 2 mL/L
Bud Candy @ 2 mL/L
pH 6.1, 1000 mL each

Feeding this morning
Azos @ 1 tsp/3 L
Orca @ 2 mL/3 L

pH 6.2, 500 mL each
Decided to defoliate and top them as well, see how they bounce back
20230114 090702

20230114 100218

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 30 of Veg, sprayed the MAC Stomper plants with the Sensi Cal Mag Xtra solution after the lights turned off. Not sure if that's doing anything beneficial or negative. Seems to be a slow growing strain. I know I could've watered better a couple of times, but overall they just seem to grow slow. It is supposed to be a 90/10 Indica. Everything was pretty dry this morning. I'l be watering them later when the lights come on.
20230115 094851

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 31 of Veg, fed them last night.

Azos @ 1 tbsp/10 L
Orca @ 3 mL/4 L

pH @ 6.1, 2000 mL each

I like the Azos product a lot. It seems like every time I've applied that product within 24 hours they seem to be greener. That strain of bacteria is nitrogen fixing so they help pull N out of the air by converting it into plant available ammonia, pretty cool. Also supports root growth by boosting production of a rooting hormone (IAA).

I'm not sold on Orca being too beneficial, just trying to finish up the bottle I have. It probably helps somewhat, but I'm going to be trying a couple of different beneficial microbes moving forward. They should be here before the next watering.
20230116 092251

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 32 of Veg, these plants are finally starting to look pretty good. I was in contact with AN and the online hydro store I got the OG Organics Bud Candy from. The hydroponics store is sending me a replacement free of charge thanks to the AN 100% money back grower guarantee. I could've got the money refunded to my card or a new jug sent. Just another reason to say Advanced Nutrients is the best nutrient company out there.
20230117 095922

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Damn bro, they exploded after transplant and topping. Things are really starting to take off now
Microbes are so important when growing in soil. In general, they are important to help make nutrients plant available, but in soil they are absolutely critical. The Bud Candy being bad (which has sugar in it for the microbes to eat) was the main cause of the problem imo. It was most likely brewing bad bacteria and I just didn't catch it fast enough. Combined with two overwaters slowed growth tremendously. I've built up the microbe population quite a bit with the last couple of waterings plus being in new soil for new roots to expand has exploded growth. The initial plan was a 6 week Veg cycle for this grow. They might be big enough for Flower at the rate they're growing now.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Microbes are so important when growing in soil. In general, they are important to help make nutrients plant available, but in soil they are absolutely critical. The Bud Candy being bad (which has sugar in it for the microbes to eat) was the main cause of the problem imo. It was most likely brewing bad bacteria and I just didn't catch it fast enough. Combined with two overwaters slowed growth tremendously. I've built up the microbe population quite a bit with the last couple of waterings plus being in new soil for new roots to expand has exploded growth. The initial plan was a 6 week Veg cycle for this grow. They might be big enough for Flower at the rate they're growing now.
Yeah i definitely need to start adding this kind of stuff into my grow supplies, but theres so much out there and i dont know where to start because ive neglected to read into any of that stuff.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Yeah i definitely need to start adding this kind of stuff into my grow supplies, but theres so much out there and i dont know where to start because ive neglected to read into any of that stuff.
Anybody growing in soil definitely should be incorporating beneficial microbes and mycorrhizae into their grows. I do a lot of research on this stuff, have for a very long time now, I love it. My recommendations would be get Mykos and Azos as well as this recent microbe pack I found. It has just about everything Recharge has it in, but more of it. It's called Mikrobs. Mykos WP can be mixed into the Azos and Mikrobs once a week or you just use the Mykos granular at transplant. That's all you would need. Either one of the Mykos + Azos + Mikrobs = $80 and should last quite a while.

DynoMyco is another great mycorrhizae product if you would rather just mix it into the soil at first. If I had to say which is the most valuable, I'm expecting it to be this Mikrobs pack. It has beneficial bacteria, beneficial fungi, endomycorrizae, kelp, humic acid, fulvic acid, amino acid, and blackstrap molasses. 1 tsp/gal once a week, can increase to 1 tbsp/gal. They claim there's over 100 billion microbes in an 8 oz pack. Recharge is also 1 tsp/gal and costs $10 more.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 34 of Veg, some of the plants looked droopy, some wilting going on, no biggie. I'l feed them when the lights come back on. I don't think it ever makes sense to water/feed Cannabis plants going into darkness. It makes more sense to me to wait until the lights come back on.
20230119 094135

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Anybody growing in soil definitely should be incorporating beneficial microbes and mycorrhizae into their grows. I do a lot of research on this stuff, have for a very long time now, I love it. My recommendations would be get Mykos and Azos as well as this recent microbe pack I found. It has just about everything Recharge has it in, but more of it. It's called Mikrobs. Mykos WP can be mixed into the Azos and Mikrobs once a week or you just use the Mykos granular at transplant. That's all you would need. Either one of the Mykos + Azos + Mikrobs = $80 and should last quite a while.

DynoMyco is another great mycorrhizae product if you would rather just mix it into the soil at first. If I had to say which is the most valuable, I'm expecting it to be this Mikrobs pack. It has beneficial bacteria, beneficial fungi, endomycorrizae, kelp, humic acid, fulvic acid, amino acid, and blackstrap molasses. 1 tsp/gal once a week, can increase to 1 tbsp/gal. They claim there's over 100 billion microbes in an 8 oz pack. Recharge is also 1 tsp/gal and costs $10 more.
Thanks for laying that out there. I took a screenshot so i can reread it later if i need to. I was fried when you posted it last night lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Day 34 of Veg, some of the plants looked droopy, some wilting going on, no biggie. I'l feed them when the lights come back on. I don't think it ever makes sense to water/feed Cannabis plants going into darkness. It makes more sense to me to wait until the lights come back on.
View attachment 1321458
Ive always watered just as my lights come on, made the mistake of watering at lights out once. Never again will i make that mistake again. Humidity shot up like 35% it was crazy

Top Bottom