Magnum XXXL Reflector?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

norcalgreens

those xxl's look massive.... i seen them at the store and must admit they give out a better spread of light.... xxl's all the way

lollipopman

lollipopman

i have a 6" going through my 1000 then into to my 600 and its cool to the touch...

T

TheGanjaMan

i still gotta get picks up but dont order the big kahuna from htg.. 1st reason is the 6 inch adjustable flanges does not make good seals.. 2nd reason after them shipping us the hood 4 times cause the glass was broke we gave up and just bought some glass that fits witch cost $60. we did get a free hood but that glass was broke so basically we got 2 hoods for $320. after long emails with htg they said their trying to get something built for the glass wont break during shipping... stick with the magnums.....

That sucks man! Allways thought that site was a bit cheap if you know what i mean.

lollipopman

lollipopman

htg been great except for the big kahuna witch they finally shipped the glass by its self.. but other than that they will always get most of my buisness...

T

TheGanjaMan

i have a 6" going through my 1000 then into to my 600 and its cool to the touch...

good to know. I have personally never run with aircooled hoods. So far just vert and 4' hoods. Although i do have many friends useing them. One of whom run 3 1000w hps in Cool star plus reflectors ( nice reflectors i must say.) He uses fully insulated ducting, 450cfm inline fan. Vents from outside during the winter and from a airconditioned room during the summer. Keep im mind i do live in Canada and -15C air can cool those lamps like nothing.

T

TheGanjaMan

htg been great except for the big kahuna witch they finally shipped the glass by its self.. but other than that they will always get most of my buisness...[/QUOTE

Thanks for your opinion. Maybe ill give them a shot on day. Heard they have some good prices.

lollipopman

lollipopman

ganjaman i checked out that website is nice but for the magnums go here....got mine less than a week plus good packaging...

T

TheGanjaMan

Nice find lollipop man. Cant wait to get some. I'm going to run 4 1k's in 4 8" magnums over 2 4' x 8' tables. Do you think they can cover 4' x 4'?

lollipopman

lollipopman

1 1,000 hps in a magnum over a 4x4 is perfect cant get no better... plus the 8" magnums are bigger than the 6" ones...

T

TheGanjaMan

T

TheGanjaMan

Cheapest place near me is www.growlightexpress.com. Gunna try and get some for my next flower room this summer and see how well these babys really work!

Ebay should also have some deals on sevral unit buys and maybe even single unit deals.

Just went on their site and saw their in long beach CA as in cali... Google search is not to smart... lol

S

SARSIPPIUS

The value is in the 8".
For the 6", ebay may be the same.

Pay for a 6 and recieve an 8.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

not sure if this helps with the price but...HorticultureSource(.com) is slightly cheaper for the 6"(186approx), 213 for 8"...not sure about shipping...I gotta check out ebay maybe a better price there...The(Great) White Shark reflector is the same thing without the 95%reflective material...

P

pharmaseed

i use plant lighting hydroponics they charged me 169.90 for the 6in and 199.90 for the 8in shipping was really reasonable i dont know exactly what per light because it was a rather large order. I get my 1000w horti's from them for 65bucks when i buy a 6 pack

M

mMmTHC

wow...Made me re-think on my space.. Im going to do a super scrog and not change my setup and im buying the xxxxxxxxxl!!!! My space is right around 4x4 or so... So 1 will be plenty a 1000.... Thanks for this awesome thread

Top Bottom