Magnum XXXL Reflector?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joebean91

I recently replaced my old reflectors with the XXXL 's after seeing them in action at a friend's . They kick ass ! . Now I'm growing more herb using 1000watts less than with my old cooltubes setup .

G

Gymshoes

Anybody wanting ordering info on the four foot monster reflector i just bought will have to send me an e-mail at: [email protected]

Can i do that? :damnhippie:

Greyskull

Greyskull

Yeah i've been rocking the 8" XXL for a while now, and i love them. I ended up getting those "hot spot diffusers" for my hoods, and they def look to be throwin out better light patterns now. Could just be me trying to rationalize the purchase though, haha.

you still pimping the hotspot diffuser?
what is it adding/taking away in your exerience?

mahalo

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
I've got 2 great whites 1000w hps, they r def quality and togethr they cover a little over 30 ladies...

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I started out with 4 xxxL Magnums I have since added 2 more the results speak for them self..:smiley_joint:

New room1
Week 11 1
B

been

You have to tape up the glass still and you can't center the lamp inside? Fuck that! I want some of these!

wormsway.com/detail.aspx?t=prod&sku=UCX108&AC=1

image.aspx

lollipopman

lollipopman

here is some info from another forum i found....

uh oh, looks like Super Sun 2 just got taken out by the giant Magnum XXXL

I spent more time on these tests so we can chart the numbers and get a more accurate graph. I did a 5x5 area for the test @ 24" height, and did readings every 6". That is 121 readings per reflector!! Same basic test procedure as was done a couple years ago, so you can go read the first couple pages if you missed that.

NOTE: In my previous tests, I multiplied the number off my meter by 100, in these tests I forgot to do that. Makes no difference, but I am sure someone would ask why the numbers are so low.

XXXL Average 21.94
SS2 Average 21.06

Not a huge difference in averages, but about 4% more light coming from the XXXL.

Here are some charts, fairly similar, but see how the SS2 has a hotter hot spot in the middle.

Now let's look at some raw data

Looks like the XXXL has a more even spread of light across the area. The hot spots are not as bright, and the low spots are not as low. I still think the SS2 will be better for smaller areas with 600w lights, but I might just have to test that out now.

The XXXL is a very nice reflector that is sorta like a giant version of the SS2. It has spectral aluminum inserts on all inner surfaces, and a slim socket that does not obstruct air flow. The only problem I see with this reflector is that it is so big, it makes things hard to move around if you have a bunch of these. These are as big as 3 SS2 reflectors. They also cost about 50% more than the SS2

i cant get the graphs to show sorry but the info on the 2 is good...

K

KillBillBuds

Good info guys...thanks.

Got the challenge of fitting 6 of the "Ocho's" in my 10 x 12 room this weekend...should be fun!

I

ismokepot

My usual company wanted $84 a piece just to send these to me on a pellet....... WTF?

lollipopman

lollipopman

how heavey are the magnums, can i put one on my light rail 3.5?

buffbuds

buffbuds

they are the heaviest reflector on the market right now. the 8" magnum is like 40 pounds. think of it, the bottom of the reflector is like 2.5 x 3.5 feet, thats ALOT of glass.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Just started using the magnum's last month or two ago and I will never buy another hood until one bigger is made. I love them. The spectrum fits perfectly over my boxes, and makes everything even with no hotspots

lollipopman

lollipopman

well i ordered 1 should get here fri or sat, my buddy bought the big kahuna from htg we are going to do a comparison on them both....

S

SweetIndica2

The Magnum XXXL is a great hood, i normally wouldn't spend that much on a hood but they are more than worth it from what i hear. I use a Valuebrite 6" Air Coolable Hood which isn't the best out there, but is very nice for the price. Planning on upgrading all my lights to the Magnum XXXL after my next grow.

E

easypleasie

how heavey are the magnums, can i put one on my light rail 3.5?

Hey lollipop, a little late on this thread. I've used mine on a 3.5 light rail without any problems. Only time I had a problem was when the board holding the rail on came down on top of my plants. Make sure it is mounted solid!!!! I don't use the light rail anymore though...got an extra xxxl :)

Top Bottom