Magnum XXXL Reflector?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ghostfacegrower

13 pages on xxxl hoods. i dont like the line up in that pic. like them lined st8 rows i just got done with two rooms one had 12 xxxl hoods other had 16 bat wings. differnt styles in each room so it was not any kind of experiment thats just the equipment i had and i have to say i got the xxxl hoods for the throw back and it read off the charts on my meter, still my favorite is bat wings with a whole lot of oscillating fans for cheap cash croppers.

U

ugmjfarmer

i use plant lighting hydroponics they charged me 169.90 for the 6in and 199.90 for the 8in shipping was really reasonable i dont know exactly what per light because it was a rather large order. I get my 1000w horti's from them for 65bucks when i buy a 6 pack

I was just going to post this about them. plantlightinghydroponics dot com rules.

M

mellofello

Just for the UK heads who didn't know like me till today the magnum xxxl is now out in the UK. Haven't picked up one yet myself but I'll be upgrading to some of these and some 1ks soon

peace

mello

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Just to anyone who has one of these and a DR 150.

I have a dr150 which runs 2 x 600ws. My local store has just got these xxxl reflectors in (well size below) for £200 (a little pricy I know).

But do you think you can run 2 of these reflectors in the dr150. I know they wouldn't fit inline - just wondered if they would fit in the other orientation. Or should I go for the smaller versions. Hmmm. Or go for one with 1000w and throw in some suplimental side t5's.

S

SkyHi

I have a dr150 which runs 2 x 600ws. My local store has just got these xxxl reflectors in (well size below) for £200 (a little pricy I know).

But do you think you can run 2 of these reflectors in the dr150. I know they wouldn't fit inline - just wondered if they would fit in the other orientation. Or should I go for the smaller versions. Hmmm. Or go for one with 1000w and throw in some suplimental side t5's.

Dude 2 600 should be rockin...but if you want an xxl i would go with one and a 1000. those things are huge. Plus i think i have heard of heat problems

M

Mystre.Pharmer

Dude 2 600 should be rockin...but if you want an xxl i would go with one and a 1000. those things are huge. Plus i think i have heard of heat problems

I absolutely LOVE my XXXl magnums. it gives a HUGE footprint, the size isn't just for show or a gimic. the downsides i would saw are they are very heavy, not exactly a one person job to hang these either. as for heat, all i can say is that mine aren't even remotely warm after being on ALL day. i can put my had on them and its not warm. I have 2 ducted together with a 440HO 6" pulling through these tho. (my hoods are 8" for future upgrade reasons and my fan is 6")

but it may just be my circumstances, I run a sealed controlled environment. but personally I'll never buy a different hood for my over head lighting (unless size or weight was being planned for) i love em ;)

happy pharming!

-mystre.pharmer

S

SkyHi

Yea i think the person that was having cooling issues REGISTRD took the glass out, so that explains that.lol

i think the foot print is great just a loss in intensity.

M

Mystre.Pharmer

oh yea, that explains it. I wouldn't run these without the glass. i bet these big ass pieces of glass is expensive. anyone ever need to replace it? where did you get it and what did it cost?

is the loss of intensity much? im not to worried, like i said I sometimes keep my light 8" from the tops so its still gotta be intense at that distance lol. I could keep it closer if it wasn't for the light bleaching lol, anymore more than 8" and stuff starts turning white lol. not because of heat tho. ;)

Happy Pharming!
-Mystre.Pharmer

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Here ya go with some ocho's with a plenum! Sic shit glass doesnt even get hot.

12 Inch max fan

IMG 1847
D

Dubwobble

My buddy switched from 4 1000 watt HPS in 4 older hoods to 6 600 watt bulbs in 6 Magnum XXL's (6")

He only does 4 plants per 600 in a 3'x3' space. The Magnum XXL reflector covers the space perfectly. I imagine a 1000 watt would cover a 4'x4' perfect.

His yield has improved DRAMATICALLY.

The reflectors are completely sealed too, making venting super efficient.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter

XXXL Magnum hood is married for a DR150 herb:) Along with a 4x4 table I pulled 3.2 pounds dried with Casey Jones:harvest:

:passingjoint:

gtd

A

antimatter

I set some of 6inchers up for a friend, there amazing and I will be buying some for myself I just about shit my self when the bulb powered up to full because of how perfect of a 5x5 footprint the thing put out. Personally I wouldn't buy the 8inchers because the 6inchers have less height and the 8 inchers can potentially loose more light out the duct plus air cooling hoods is not real important for my awesome indoor climate. :character0103:

F

f1ydave

I set some of 6inchers up for a friend, there amazing and I will be buying some for myself I just about shit my self when the bulb powered up to full because of how perfect of a 5x5 footprint the thing put out. Personally I wouldn't buy the 8inchers because the 6inchers have less height and the 8 inchers can potentially loose more light out the duct plus air cooling hoods is not real important for my awesome indoor climate. :character0103:

I have 2 8"ers per room and even with a 720 CFM inline fan on each, rooms have no problem going up 86 degrees. This is a basement build in a sealed, uninsulated room. LOL. Outside of rooms in basement temperature maintains at 60 degrees F.

A

antimatter

I have 2 8"ers per room and even with a 720 CFM inline fan on each, rooms have no problem going up 86 degrees. This is a basement build in a sealed, uninsulated room. LOL. Outside of rooms in basement temperature maintains at 60 degrees F.

If you like to seal up your room with Co2 and wanna run air cooled 8inchers for maximum air movement through your lights instead of the 6 inchers that's good man it works. Im more about air cooling the rooms themselves then the actual lights, 12"-16" maxfans work disgustingly well for heat with the proper amount of intake holes, I also have no interest in spending money on air conditioners and Co2 @ a 2000lb.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Ya these things are huge and I returned mine because I could not get the ducting on there good enough in my dr120 Secret Jardin Tent, now I wish I had it because i have a 6xl UC system in a 5x10 tent.. bummer.

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Magnums are worth every penny. Anyone seen the new Raptor? Seems like hydrofarm wasn't so happy about getting ran over by sunlight sales:) I'll keep to my ocho's though cool room and massive coverage! Happy gardening.

B

Bobby Smith

That really doesn't sound right, Dave - you sure you've got those properly setup?

When running my 6" XXL (with a 425CFM fan per) in a 4x4 tent, temps would go up 12 degrees over ambient garage with only 5' of head room (80 effective cubic feet), and that's with the added heat of a dehuey running almost constantly in there.

If you're in a ~500 cubic foot room and have a 720CFM on a dedicated run to cool your lights with 60F intake air, there's no way your room should go up 26 degrees F.

Anything can happen and I could be wrong, but it sounds like something's not quite right with your setup.

Is the glass cool to the touch on the lights?

B

Budluver

NL and Sk#1

I have an xxl 6" in a 5x5 tent and it kicks ass.Cooled by 6" vortex..peace:passingjoint:

Top Bottom