main-line topping ******best method******

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ok Farm I have a question? I let mine dry for 2 days them put them in the Freezer last week in a shallow card board box open no lid only about 2" high The problem is that it has my fridge funked up with the fpog og and the bread and tortillas taste like bud:wtf:. Is this normal? I know its working all the meat is frozen and there is no frost in the fridge. Everything works fine, I do know that it has just one setting because I turned it down to freeze more and all the drinks in the fridge froze.
what?o_O
You are drying buds in the freezer?

Canappa

Canappa

quote="We Solidarity, post: 1262860, member: 40188"]Not a single thing you just described is normal...hopefully you were planning on extracting that not smoking it[/quote]

Big oops sorry , I thought I was posting in the tread for curing buds in the freezer.

Canappa

Canappa

I will do the mainline technique on all my girls from now on, The results are clearly seen in the photos the big girls in the back have 3 -4 mains and the one in the front are all 2 mains. I will do at least 4 mains the top them. here are my results so far. DSCF5408 DSCF5409 DSCF5412 DSCF5421 DSCF5437 DSCF5438 DSCF5439 View attachment 410920

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Nice so are all the strings taken off or how did you train after the first bottom branches or did they just take off by themselves? Looks so dope

Canappa

Canappa

Nice so are all the strings taken off or how did you train after the first bottom branches or did they just take off by themselves? Looks so dope

Thanks bro;) First I topped and trimmed them down into two,three or 4 mains. Then I let them veg for a few wks and topped all them mains for the last time 3 days ago. Now I will throw up some netting and let her veg for a few wks and flip the lights. Its a new system I built and it running great no complaints.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I seen where you tied down the first four to the fence post is that how you do it until the nets up? I really want to try that system what'd the difference between that and aeroponic? Or actually I'll ask it at your thread
MAIN-LINE TOPPING IS Badass

Canappa

Canappa

I seen where you tied down the first four to the fence post is that how you do it until the nets up? I really want to try that system what'd the difference between that and aeroponic? Or actually I'll ask it at your thread
MAIN-LINE TOPPING IS Badass

I took down the brace that held her down when I did the last topping, once the netting goes up I am unable to get in between the plant, once they started growing in the direction I wanted them to, I figured it was good for me this was a test run and the results will tell all...

burn4me

burn4me

looks great man. nice fat trunks too. great job. hope i see similar results in mine. i just topped again yesterday to put them at 8 tops. cant wait. ima let her veg another 3 weeks then put them in 5 gal smart pots for about a week then flip em.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I'm trying to figure out how to use this with vertical plants...I used to try and grow eight branches all pulled to the front towards the light but I'm pretty sure that a mainline vert grow would be possible...

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

i feel like some of you are getting the concept wrong. the idea is to give all the energy to the branches that will become tops, or allow light and penetration to the growth that will become branches....
but some of you have month old plants that only have like 3-4 growth spots. man i have a couple month old plants with 100+ tops, simply from training, bending, topping/FIM, all that. but looking at a few of these pics even the growth spots that have light have been plucked off, effictively eliminating a good proper bush leaving all that middle spaced to be trained into.

burn4me

burn4me

i feel like some of you are getting the concept wrong. the idea is to give all the energy to the branches that will become tops, or allow light and penetration to the growth that will become branches....
but some of you have month old plants that only have like 3-4 growth spots. man i have a couple month old plants with 100+ tops, simply from training, bending, topping/FIM, all that. but looking at a few of these pics even the growth spots that have light have been plucked off, effictively eliminating a good proper bush leaving all that middle spaced to be trained into.
could you give example of these pics you speak on? im curious because idk if im doing it right. and i thought it was to produce the 4-32 tops. im shooting for 8. did i go about this wrong? let me know for future reference please.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

you gotta understand there is a little bit of a "goldfish" effect on plants. regardless if there are 8 tops or 64 the ones with 64 are going to be wayyyy smaller nugs. you cant fit too much in too little space you know? ive cropped a few sour crosses and the ones i topped mad for months had way smaller nugs than the ones that i didnt top as much, with the same yield. its more or less about effectively distributing the light over your plants evenly and correctly.

whole thing is efficiency, at the end of the day it doesnt matter about a single plant, or colas or anything, but efficiency of space. do you have plant growing everywhere your light is hitting? empty spots are the killer, you need it to be FULL and then you can be selective as to what nugs get the proper air.

IMO putting a term as "mainlining" on training plants is kinda dumb. just tailor them to your garden, period.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/caps-scrog-discussion.60486/page-3#post-1262155

these are my scrog plants to show my attempts, and i dont ever get to fill the whole screen... so i just say that cause i see some plants in the same amount of space that mine have but like, zero place for weed to grow from, lol.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

"mainlining" just think about it, you are hacking off growth so the growth that remains grows.

the only reason this should be done, is if you are trying to keep plants a certain height and keep hacking back, or say a gnar indica with 10" leaves covering the entire plant from growth. lol. i see zero reason to abuse, stress, and make your plant take 3x as long to hopefully get a same outcome. just make em bushes and put em under a screen.

burn4me

burn4me

"mainlining" just think about it, you are hacking off growth so the growth that remains grows.

the only reason this should be done, is if you are trying to keep plants a certain height and keep hacking back, or say a gnar indica with 10" leaves covering the entire plant from growth. lol. i see zero reason to abuse, stress, and make your plant take 3x as long to hopefully get a same outcome. just make em bushes and put em under a screen.
while i do get that my veg area is kinda on the small side once they get a few weeks into their first set of new shoes so this helped some with the space. and scrog interests me too. will be doing that sometime. thanks for your insight

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

while i do get that my veg area is kinda on the small side once they get a few weeks into their first set of new shoes so this helped some with the space. and scrog interests me too. will be doing that sometime. thanks for your insight
even if youre vegging w t5's you can just start out the plants not trained just keep topping and topping, when theyre ready you can just bend em under the screen then, has the same effect and better for smaller veg areas (assuming you have at least like 3-4' of vertical space

burn4me

burn4me

even if youre vegging w t5's you can just start out the plants not trained just keep topping and topping, when theyre ready you can just bend em under the screen then, has the same effect and better for smaller veg areas (assuming you have at least like 3-4' of vertical space
3x5x8 is what im rocking in for veg. but i bloom elsewhere in a tent. have plants in there so i can go vegging ing the tent for a scrog without interfering with ladies already in there. bc once in the net they cant be moved right? im shooting for perpetual.

Top Bottom