main-line topping ******best method******

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
killemsoftly

killemsoftly

This is kinda similiar to what uncle ben does over at riu. he suggests that if you top a seedling at 3 rd node, use the 5 above as a clone, you get 4 mains (the bottom node being cotlydons). mainlinig is a refinement on his basic idea. he's not a fan of training (why i can't remember). if i remember rightg, he says that the four mains end up bul?king up in bloom, which tends to cause the branches to sway a bit n open the plant up. gracias clockwerx, wish i'd know this method a while back lol! looking forward to applying this in outdoor esp., this will definitely give space needed when winds are slow or dead. awesome

Last edited:
indogro

indogro

I've mainlined my entire crop after reading this thread. 4 plants per 1k in 15gal pots, 24 plants/6k total. So far it is working incredible. Half the plants ended up with 16 tops, the other half with 8. I think I prefer the 16 thus far for my method and spacing.

Branches are very strong, and a really perfect canopy. I did mine from clones, so had some pinching and supercropping to do, but it seemed to still work pretty well. I popped some Alien seeds, and looking forward to trying it on them.

will try to get pics up soon. Bravo sir on sharing this method. GAME CHANGER for me. Thank you!

indogro

indogro

clockworx, what is the largest plant you have grown with the main-line technique? I am thinking of trying to do 1 plant in a 4x4, topped to 32 leads, under a 1k gavita. The goal is to pull down a 1.5 to 2lb plant. probably in a 50 gallon pot.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

S

ssteely71

15 gallon pot. 16 mainlines.

killemsoftly

killemsoftly

indogro
i think it depends on genetics and other factors. is it a producer. does it naturally bush out or grow cactus style. if bush u could do four to eight. if cactus do sixteen to thirty two. ikm ready to start another expwriment with a quarter gram per gallon of iba for veg to see if i can increase lateral branching even more on my strain. it tends to bush. luv your plants. pazamor

oxanaca

oxanaca

ikm ready to start another expwriment with a quarter gram per gallon of iba for veg to see if i can increase lateral branching even more on my strain. it tends to bush.

a quarter gram per gallon is 658 PPM IBA. i feed my plants 1.2PPM IBA during veg and weeks 1-3 flowering. to increase root growth

thats a pretty insane concentation. let me know if it kills your plants or causes toxicity.

also IBA is an auxin how do you figure it will increase branching

shadyslater

shadyslater

Hey cw nice thread bro. Have you had any trouble with staggering nodes mid-late veg? My 1st m-l i had 1 of the 8 start doin this about 40 days in

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It really is! Most of us knew/know about this method..
But Im really gald Clockworx started this thread....
I was growing all wrong...

this thread might be a game changer for me.
Thanks @clockworx :woot:
View attachment 364525
The nodes are starting to offset a little on some...^^I will be snipping this one again soon^^

:)
I quit with four main stems on that 1st one
Ewookie1 328

These fire dogs too
Firedog1330

I got 8 main stems on these ewookies
More ewookies328

Canappa

Canappa

Ok great tread! Mainlining was something I thought about but never did but after going through the tread and looking at the pics makes it easy to do. So I just did it on my FPOG's:nailbiting: hope I did it right lol. After reading this I realized you cant go wrong, just wish I would have started this a long time ago.

urbanfog

urbanfog

great thread read ;) brushing up on my "plant manipulations" for some PLat OG's I have vegging .

usstoner

usstoner

Right on..killer thread...gonna b my new style..I'm thinkin..nice work

Top Bottom