Maintaining Mother plants health. Any breeders please?

• Thread starter AliasAO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

AO- I feed everytime, take cuts at any random time, and have roots in rapid rooters with in a 6-10 days about everytime (just depends on much attention I pay to the clone tray). I find rockwool weird, but love doing my cloning (and transplanting to coco) with rapid rooters. Takes a little less effort, etc. I prefer to use a Clonex mix, presoak rooters and spray them daily/every other day when they dry out. I also like to mist with Jump Start. Great regimen but I might be trying to fix the old ez cloner for ease...

Use eagle20 as per mfg's instructions and wear hazmat gear :)

Lol, now don't scare folks away!! Eagle20 is the shit. Period. If you want to actually BEAT PM instead of constantly fighting/treating it- eagle20. Always use it on inbound clones. Not as dangerous/hazardous as folks think...trust me.

I remember reading other people saying it stops PM from infecting the plant surface, I dont actually know if it destroys them, I never used it personally to kill PM only prevent it, It would be a cool test though.

Yeah have heard of folks using a specifically designed bacterial foliar spray for PM. Have some friends about to start using it...

A

AliasAO

AO- I feed everytime, take cuts at any random time, and have roots in rapid rooters with in a 6-10 days about everytime (just depends on much attention I pay to the clone tray). I find rockwool weird, but love doing my cloning (and transplanting to coco) with rapid rooters. Takes a little less effort, etc. I prefer to use a Clonex mix, presoak rooters and spray them daily/every other day when they dry out. I also like to mist with Jump Start. Great regimen but I might be trying to fix the old ez cloner for ease...

Lol, now don't scare folks away!! Eagle20 is the shit. Period. If you want to actually BEAT PM instead of constantly fighting/treating it- eagle20. Always use it on inbound clones. Not as dangerous/hazardous as folks think...trust me.

Yeah have heard of folks using a specifically designed bacterial foliar spray for PM. Have some friends about to start using it...

I actually saw the rapid rooters at the grow shop and got convinced to try rockwool and rooting gel.

Do you use the individual rapid rooters? or do you buy the rapid rooters tray?

Can you elaborate on the Clonex Mix you use? what Ph level do you adjust the water to before you soak the rapid rooters ?

How often do you mist with Jump start?

What nutes or supplements do you use when you feed? and what doseage do you apply per Gallon of H20?

V

vancerz

hey AO, altitudefarmer went into it in more detail in this thread about the microbe tea but its a pretty simple, mine is made with castings, molasses, arctic humus, seaweed, humic and fulvic acid that I let bubble for about 24hours typically in a 5 gal bucket.I have let my stuff bubble upto 3 days once it stops foaming add more molasses to keep them active.

Once made I dilute my tea down to 1-3 cups of tea to 1 gal water I take this and spray my plants about once a month.

Theres a bazillion ways to make your tea and a lot more useful post on it if you decide thats the way you want to go with it. hope this helped.

A

AliasAO

hey AO, altitudefarmer went into it in more detail in this thread about the microbe tea but its a pretty simple, mine is made with castings, molasses, arctic humus, seaweed, humic and fulvic acid that I let bubble for about 24hours typically in a 5 gal bucket.I have let my stuff bubble upto 3 days once it stops foaming add more molasses to keep them active.

Once made I dilute my tea down to 1-3 cups of tea to 1 gal water I take this and spray my plants about once a month.

Theres a bazillion ways to make your tea and a lot more useful post on it if you decide thats the way you want to go with it. hope this helped.

Of course it help vancers and I appreciate the info and content. Is there a thread link you can give me that gives exact step by step directions on how to make the tea that include doses of how much castings, molasses, artic humus, seaweed ect ect to use when making it?

Thanx agian -- AO

V

vancerz

heres the recipe that was given to me I follow this loosely.

1lb wormcastings
1lb arctic humus(optional)
2tbs molasses
1tbs soy-ful
1tbs humic acid
1tbs fish hydrolysis(optional)
1oz guano(optional)
2tbs soluble seaweed
2tbs earth juice catalyst(optional)

5gals of room temp water if from the tap you need to bubble it 12 hours prior then add the molasses 10 mins before adding the rest, i was told the molasses will neutralize the chlorine when added to water, I don't actually know if thats a fact.

I use a strong air pump like 24 watts or somthing for the 5 gal and bubble it 24 hours the more air the better, it will start to get big bubbles in it to let you know when its done.

A

AliasAO

heres the recipe that was given to me I follow this loosely.

1lb wormcastings
1lb arctic humus(optional)
2tbs molasses
1tbs soy-ful
1tbs humic acid
1tbs fish hydrolysis(optional)
1oz guano(optional)
2tbs soluble seaweed
2tbs earth juice catalyst(optional)

5gals of room temp water if from the tap you need to bubble it 12 hours prior then add the molasses 10 mins before adding the rest, i was told the molasses will neutralize the chlorine when added to water, I don't actually know if thats a fact.

I use a strong air pump like 24 watts or somthing for the 5 gal and bubble it 24 hours the more air the better, it will start to get big bubbles in it to let you know when its done.

Coo thanx for the recipe Vancerz. if im growing in CoCo based medium I can leave out all of the Optional stuff right?

Do you water with that Tea feed recipe everytime? what is your feeding schedule with your moms? ex: water, water, feed....?

I also have a small boy water filtration system that filters pretty well but I suppose the air pump and bubbling will do it wellfor 24 hrs.

What do you adjust the Ph level to when you feed your tea?

V

vancerz

I use a coco/peat super soil mix i never feed my plants anything but water and tea 1 time a month thats it and I never have to PH anything. the only real point for the tea is add bio diversity to the root zone for me and to add a bio film to my plants, I dont use it to actualy feed my plants although you could use it straight without diluting it and its a great idea if your growing organic but if your PHing in pure coco It could cause problems.

If your using just coco, I would recomend you use it like me and dilute the tea down 1-3 cups to a gal and only use it every so often like once every 2-4 weeks

A

AliasAO

I use a coco/peat super soil mix i never feed my plants anything but water and tea 1 time a month thats it and I never have to PH anything. the only real point for the tea is add bio diversity to the root zone for me and to add a bio film to my plants, I dont use it to actualy feed my plants although you could use it straight without diluting it and its a great idea if your growing organic but if your PHing in pure coco It could cause problems.

If your using just coco, I would recomend you use it like me and dilute the tea down 1-3 cups to a gal and only use it every so often like once every 2-4 weeks

Coo. Yea im growing In some royal gold Basement CoCo base. Im planning on following that feed regiment using the tea bew once or twice a month.

Do you adjust your Ph when you water your moms or do you water straight from the tap to the plants?

And I also forgot to ask where do you buy your tea ingredients from??

V

vancerz

I always bubble my tap before giving it to my plants, I never PH anything ever I got like 3 tri meters I haven't used in like 2 or 3 years.

I got my ingredients at a hydro stores in cali and really the only two things you need to make a tea is earthworm castings and molasses and the other stuff you could live without especially if its a problem sourcing them.

A

AliasAO

I always bubble my tap before giving it to my plants, I never PH anything ever I got like 3 tri meters I haven't used in like 2 or 3 years.

I got my ingredients at a hydro stores in cali and really the only two things you need to make a tea is earthworm castings and molasses and the other stuff you could live without especially if its a problem sourcing them.

Much appreciated Vancerz Im a cali man also. If your located in the bay area {norcal} tell me which hydro store you are talking about.

Im located in the east bay and usually go to 3rd street hydroponics for all my grow related equipment.

Rep+ for sure Vancerz.

thanx Agian.

Top Bottom