Mamiko Cheese Cookies Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombierider

Zombierider

Ok then we’ll here we are a day into week 5 of flowering. Lots of colas, trichomes coming in. The one plant that was lighter green than the others SEEMS to be getting greener ever since last night’s new nutes I mixed @ around 6.2 ph and 2.1ml per gal of calmag instead of 1.5. Of course, don’t wanna overdo the greening as I want them to focus on buds not leaves, but they need the leaves to fatten the buds so catch 22. Aside from that all the plants are praying and seem healthy, and the buds are certainly fattening up! Question: when should I switch to late flower? I don’t think they are growing upwards anymore but my nutrient schedule still has me mid flower.

AE2C48C1 C5A1 4F47 8C9B 4AB604634F27
3B773BF1 ACD9 40CB B132 CADDF4703914
FEAE9233 22CA 4388 814D AEB00744A5FC
634D467E 094A 40DA 8A1A 3E787B5942E3
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yeeeaa buddy!!
Looking lovely! I’m a bit lost on switching to late flower. Do you mean on the nutes? The last two weeks of my grow, they are switched to plain water. I have one cultivar that finishes in 49-56 days, it only has one more week of feeding. That would be the grape ape. Other grape strains that I like are Redbeards Oregon Grape and one called Grape Jelly, Grape Skittles is pretty good too. I like those strong fruity terps. So far this Future One is super fruity, but I’m smelling pineapple and mango the strongest. I’ll be posting pics this evening. The Chocolate Mimosa is finally turning black (the leaves).
Your crop is looking great! I’m so impressed for a first grow. Even more excited to see you go through harvest.
The number you are allowed is that the max? Here we are allowed six in flower, six in veg and six clones under 14 inches. This took weeks of correspondence with the powers that be, explaining the grow process and how to keep the medicine flowing. Never thought I’d be speaking to Gov officials about grow cycles etc. Also here we are allowed to grow for two others in a caregiver capacity, tripling the original number. Meaning eighteen in flower, eighteen in veg and eighteen clones.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Wow @Zombierider I think your grow is looking sweet. Did notice that you said 2.1ml cal/mag per gal. My bottle says 3-5 per gal for everything but seedling stage. I have been running 5ml per 4L which is even less than a gal. I wonder if you are right and it has been slightly deficient in cal or mag. I would surely not be afraid to bump that up or even double it and see how they like it

Zombierider

Zombierider

Wow @Zombierider I think your grow is looking sweet. Did notice that you said 2.1ml cal/mag per gal. My bottle says 3-5 per gal for everything but seedling stage. I have been running 5ml per 4L which is even less than a gal. I wonder if you are right and it has been slightly deficient in cal or mag. I would surely not be afraid to bump that up or even double it and see how they like it
Thanks man, aside from the yellowing girl I’m happy with it. Crossing my fingers and trying to get to that harvest day lol. And yeah, I am following the GH 6 part nute schedule, and it says to only use like 1.9ml calmag however I am in coco and as per cocoforcannabis.com, coco requires more calmag. So I was giving them like 3 ml/gal majority of grow, and only went down to 1.5 recently. I think I have found the culprit of the yellowing, since the biggest plant has the biggest nutrient requirement it shows some deficiencies cuz of the low ph and low calmag. So hopefully now that I fixed that it will overcome the cal def.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Looking lovely! I’m a bit lost on switching to late flower. Do you mean on the nutes? The last two weeks of my grow, they are switched to plain water. I have one cultivar that finishes in 49-56 days, it only has one more week of feeding. That would be the grape ape. Other grape strains that I like are Redbeards Oregon Grape and one called Grape Jelly, Grape Skittles is pretty good too. I like those strong fruity terps. So far this Future One is super fruity, but I’m smelling pineapple and mango the strongest. I’ll be posting pics this evening. The Chocolate Mimosa is finally turning black (the leaves).
Your crop is looking great! I’m so impressed for a first grow. Even more excited to see you go through harvest.
The number you are allowed is that the max? Here we are allowed six in flower, six in veg and six clones under 14 inches. This took weeks of correspondence with the powers that be, explaining the grow process and how to keep the medicine flowing. Never thought I’d be speaking to Gov officials about grow cycles etc. Also here we are allowed to grow for two others in a caregiver capacity, tripling the original number. Meaning eighteen in flower, eighteen in veg and eighteen clones.
Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to the next grow and applying the stuff I’ve learned. And yeah we are only allowed 4 plants, no mention of the stages of veg or flower. Hopefully the law will eventually allow something like being a caregiver, and maybe increase plant count cuz id like to grow a big ass tree outside one year. Btw the people who wrote/are writing the the weed laws in Virginia are obviously non-cannabis enthusiasts and make up the most asinine rules. Like the dude who wrote the weed legalization bill says he doesn’t expect anyone to be able to grow over an ounce……..lmfao

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

They look great but uhoh what do you meam by "over take" leaves? Cause I have waaay less leaves then yall and now I'm scared lol
A lot of people are convinced that they should defoliate the hell out of their plants. In a heavy nute user, perhaps it’s not so bad, but in nature as they ripen they begin a nitrogen burn off. They start at the bottom and burn it’s way up. Naturally burning up the excess as they mature. Leaves are solar panels food and energy storage. You will see at the end of my grow, the ladies will have yellowed leaves and dropped off as they are used up. Minimal cleaning to do and all excess of anything is used. This is why I don’t do a heavy defoliation and only remove or tuck leaves that are blocking bud sites. I go to plain water the last two weeks of the life cycle forcing them to use all they have stored. That’s the way I “flush” my plants. Good strong terps, burns well and tastes great.
In the future, were you to try an experiment only do one plant not the whole crop. I learned this the hard way. Having grown outdoors and then bringing them inside I had a lot to learn, a whole new ballgame. I had someone convince me to schwazz them all, basically removing all leaves except the top third. Big mistake! It’s truly by the screw ups that we learn. It tends to give lessons we don’t forget.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Sweet baby Jesus those are gonna be some dankness 😻. I have some Jack Herer seeds, don’t they take forever to flower?
Sixty three to seventy days. This lady will be the last to finish in my grow. I got my plants mixed up as I was placing them in the tent. Normally the longer finish ones I would put in the back knowing I would be removing the others first.

Zombierider

Zombierider

A lot of people are convinced that they should defoliate the hell out of their plants. In a heavy nute user, perhaps it’s not so bad, but in nature as they ripen they begin a nitrogen burn off. They start at the bottom and burn it’s way up. Naturally burning up the excess as they mature. Leaves are solar panels food and energy storage. You will see at the end of my grow, the ladies will have yellowed leaves and dropped off as they are used up. Minimal cleaning to do and all excess of anything is used. This is why I don’t do a heavy defoliation and only remove or tuck leaves that are blocking bud sites. I go to plain water the last two weeks of the life cycle forcing them to use all they have stored. That’s the way I “flush” my plants. Good strong terps, burns well and tastes great.
In the future, were you to try an experiment only do one plant not the whole crop. I learned this the hard way. Having grown outdoors and then bringing them inside I had a lot to learn, a whole new ballgame. I had someone convince me to schwazz them all, basically removing all leaves except the top third. Big mistake! It’s truly by the screw ups that we learn. It tends to give lessons we don’t forget.
I like that way of thinking about defoliation, not taking too many leaves since the plant kind of needs them, and they help the plant fatten up in its final days before harvest w/o needing flushing agent.
So the nitrogen burn your referencing in the photo is something you expected to happen later, or was it expected at 6 weeks? It looks like maybe the heavy feeder of my cheese cookies might also have that nitrogen burn off happening, albeit a bit too soon? Your right about learning from the screw-ups, screwing up is the only way we will learn sometimes! Oh well, se la vie

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I like that way of thinking about defoliation, not taking too many leaves since the plant kind of needs them, and they help the plant fatten up in its final days before harvest w/o needing flushing agent.
So the nitrogen burn your referencing in the photo is something you expected to happen later, or was it expected at 6 weeks? It looks like maybe the heavy feeder of my cheese cookies might also have that nitrogen burn off happening, albeit a bit too soon? Your right about learning from the screw-ups, screwing up is the only way we will learn sometimes! Oh well, se la vie
I think it depends upon the cultivar and it’s needs as to when the burn off begins. I have some that do it in the half way point and others are very minimal burn off. I’m not concerned about the Jack Herer as we are past the half way point, however, I will go heavier on the nitro for this plant in the future. I mean who knew it was going to throw foot long buds? This was my first go at that cultivar. The Chocolate Mimosa is just starting the burn off, it’s a fifty five to sixty five day strain, yet the first to come off the Grape Ape shows no burn off at all. When you remove these spent leaves give it an easy tug, if it pops loose easily it’s done for, if you feel a resistance leave it, it’s still being used.

Zombierider

Zombierider

I think it depends upon the cultivar and it’s needs as to when the burn off begins. I have some that do it in the half way point and others are very minimal burn off. I’m not concerned about the Jack Herer as we are past the half way point, however, I will go heavier on the nitro for this plant in the future. I mean who knew it was going to throw foot long buds? This was my first go at that cultivar. The Chocolate Mimosa is just starting the burn off, it’s a fifty five to sixty five day strain, yet the first to come off the Grape Ape shows no burn off at all. When you remove these spent leaves give it an easy tug, if it pops loose easily it’s done for, if you feel a resistance leave it, it’s still being used.
Well the cheese cookies have a 9 week flowering period so I figure since I’m over half way through flower I should expect to see some burn off by now anyway. However the other phenotypes arent yellowing so maybe it’s just a phenotype thing where it was hungrier than the rest and started burn off sooner.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Hello y’all. So I’m looking into flushing agents and I was recommended to go with Yucca powder by the cocoforcannabis dude during one of his live streams on YouTube. I don’t wanna use Florakleen even though I’ve been using GH nutes, because Florakleen has blue acid coloring, and i thought flushing agents kind of residuals stay in the bud a bit. So something more natural for flushing makes sense to me. So I ordered a packet of NPK Industries yucca powder, but the stuff has 50% yucca powder and 50% maltodextrin. I thought I got/needed 100% yucca. Can I still use the yucca for the flushing agent, or should I get the 100% yucca stuff? Not sure if this warrants another thread…

edit: just gonna return the yucca and get 100% yucca, or some other flushing agent instead. Any recommendations aside from Florakleen?

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hello y’all. So I’m looking into flushing agents and I was recommended to go with Yucca powder by the cocoforcannabis dude during one of his live streams on YouTube. I don’t wanna use Florakleen even though I’ve been using GH nutes, because Florakleen has blue acid coloring, and i thought flushing agents kind of residuals stay in the bud a bit. So something more natural for flushing makes sense to me. So I ordered a packet of NPK Industries yucca powder, but the stuff has 50% yucca powder and 50% maltodextrin. I thought I got/needed 100% yucca. Can I still use the yucca for the flushing agent, or should I get the 100% yucca stuff? Not sure if this warrants another thread…

edit: just gonna return the yucca and get 100% yucca, or some other flushing agent instead. Any recommendations aside from Florakleen?
Dangg and I just ordered FloraKleen last night lol whelp at least I didn't get it for the final flush. I was planning on just using RO if I make it to harvest

Zombierider

Zombierider

Dangg and I just ordered FloraKleen last night lol whelp at least I didn't get it for the final flush. I was planning on just using RO if I make it to harvest
I wouldn’t freak out about it, I’m still considering Florakleen, but I was gonna give yucca a try. If you are concerned about artificial colorings and such, then yeah maybe try something different. And bro…of course your gonna make it to harvest man!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I wouldn’t freak out about it, I’m still considering Florakleen, but I was gonna give yucca a try. If you are concerned about artificial colorings and such, then yeah maybe try something different. And bro…of course your gonna make it to harvest man!
Yeah in particular I ordered it for flushing if ran into situation(exactttly like I have now) early or mid grow not for flushing before harvest. I feel you are way ahead of me with knowledge(Yucca 🤔) but I thought I was going to be "flushing" by stopping nutes entirely when they were days from ready and just feed water and try to time the trichs being ready with plant exhausting all nutes.

As for making it to harvest, ehh love your enthusiasm brotha but I feel the battle is just beginning. Need some help so am about to go off and make about zero sense in my thread about it but somehow still hope to find some solutions/direction..

Top Bottom