Mamiko Cheese Cookies Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

No prob drying together, just make sure the air is moving. Not atop of them but in the tent. Make sure you open those side vents in times of darkness. I see people bring off good crops poke them all together tightly packed in a wet tent and grow Bud rot. Don’t do that! I find mixing plants with different finish rates allows me time to actually deal with my crop. There’s work in trimming and packaging and burping.
Also, seeing your canopy and knowing what you have coming, you are gonna have your four by at max. It takes my five by my four by and a spare closet to handle five of my scrogged plants. Just an FYI 🙂

Zombierider

Zombierider

This to me is the magic of the medicine. You can take two plants of an identical pheno if cloned or two plants of the same strain and make two entirely different meds from them. Every bit of this is determined by the color of those trichs. Harvesting early when the trichs are clear is when the plant is immature and at it’s highest thc content. This produces a trippy buzz often loaded with paranoia that is not a pleasant high. This is often what happens to new smokers, they get quick harvest material either from an inexperienced grower or being pushed too fast for the money and they never smoke again.
I work a lot and during the day I like that happy snappy energetic effect. Because of this I will take that plant when the trichs are a hundred percent milky. Early evening with a cup of coffee on the porch, milky and twenty percent amber. For extreme pain I will grow a heavy hitting indica and allow it to amber thirty to fifty percent.
So by all due means get yourself a jeweler’s loupe and learn to read those trichs. Then you will fully experience the true “cream” of the crops 😍
Yeah I’ve been researching this recently and it seems like timing the harvest and drying/curing properly is a step most new growers kinda glaze over in their rush to harvest. I thought the 4x4 tent was overkill but I’m glad now I did t go with anything smaller. So I kind of like a balanced version of that energetic/paranoia high most of the time cuz I ride bicycles a lot and those racy highs are almost like a performance enhancing drug lol. I saw a video where Kyle kushman says it takes about a week to go from mostly cloudy to 5-10% amber trichs, in most cases, so I’m gonna pull the 5-day-flush trigger @80% cloudy trichs for 3 girls, and the 4th I will let her go till 20% amber cuz I do need to sleep sometimes. Stoke level 1 million!!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Also, seeing your canopy and knowing what you have coming, you are gonna have your four by at max. It takes my five by my four by and a spare closet to handle five of my scrogged plants. Just an FYI 🙂
This is an awesome problem to have, I am truly blessed! 🌿

Zombierider

Zombierider

Going fly fishing tomorrow morning so I won't be uploading any photos then, so ill post my update now.

Im @ the beginning of week 7 of flower. The largest pheno is showing some early signs of what what im assuming is senescence as some of the leaves are starting to show some purpling while the rest of the plant seems perky and fattening up so im just gonna go with it. Gonna start tapering down the ec to the light feeding, late bloom schedule from GH, last week before the ripening begins! Super pumped!

Screenshot 20220430 154147 Photos
20220430 151144
20220430 151017
Zombierider

Zombierider

So here we are, start of week 8 of flower…finallllyy. Had to put an upper trellis up cuz some of the larger colas were starting to lean over too much. Starting the ripening stage from GH’s nute schedule today, then it’s 5 days of flushing with yucca, and harvest! However just gonna harvest the most mature plant first, and wait like 4 more days for the others, just for shits and giggles (and to see how the trichs fade for the next time I run cheese cookies since I’m all about those cheese strains). Been having some issues with transpiration however, and sometimes end of the day a couple of the girls re looking kind of droopy. Leaf surface temps are around +3 above ambient, yet lower leaves have lower leaf temps. So I realized I had some airflow issues, so I pointed a fan below upwards, the better circulate the air. That plus another 6 inch fan blowing canopy level seems to have cooled the leaf temps a bit, however I ended up raising my lights a bit cuz that’s the only way I’ve found to keep the leaf surface temps where I want them. Thankfully it’s ripening week so I heard they won’t be putting on much weight so not as much light needed anyway. Super stoked! I ordered some King Palm xl’s (fits 1/8) to smoke my first buds with lol. Growing weed is challenging but damn is it fun, it’s now gonna be something I do hopefully for the rest of my life. Peace out till the next episode growmies!

6926CF53 376F 470C 8AFE 4A08AFAAB7E3
C6FF0204 A657 4B48 BB25 D1D00A1C0F1C
19848994 7D52 477A 9F1C 49091B51328D
7D741278 BFD8 4DFA AB89 04B56ECBF552
Zombierider

Zombierider

Just out of curiosity, how much do you all think I will yield? I’m aiming for an lb so anything more will be primo lol

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Just out of curiosity, how much do you all think I will yield? I’m aiming for an lb so anything more will be primo lol
Oh you a funny fellow! You’re just going to have to weight..get it? Lol! 😂 Two things this old Lady knows from life experiences is know when to fold em and never weigh another’s flowers! (Unless it a back alley deal and the bag looks light) 😜

Zombierider

Zombierider

Oh you a funny fellow! You’re just going to have to weight..get it? Lol! 😂 Two things this old Lady knows from life experiences is know when to fold em and never weigh another’s flowers!
Hahaha I will just wait it out then, I get impatient when I’m near the finish line lol.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

i don't even know what I am lookin at. Each of your 1000 colas looks as large as my total harvest will be 🤣 This shit wasn't even a contest and I still lost lol holy shit yall knocked it completely out of the park and over the street into someones windshield. Yeah no way you won't have a lb + from that. Incredible stuff brotha no doubt

Zombierider

Zombierider

i don't even know what I am lookin at. Each of your 1000 colas looks as large as my total harvest will be 🤣 This shit wasn't even a contest and I still lost lol holy shit yall knocked it completely out of the park and over the street into someones windshield. Yeah no way you won't have a lb + from that. Incredible stuff brotha no doubt
Thanks a lot for the positive vibes man. I feel like I definitely got lucky bro, I also like had no life last 3 months obsessing over every detail lol. Also, haven’t seen any update pics of your grow, but your probably gonna get more than you think. Don’t forget: flower and trim can be made into hash/edibles/etc so it’s not a loss at all. Your gonna get high bro and your gonna kill your next grow. 🤙🏻

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Bro that ain't luck. You straight up did all the research, planning, and hard work to rule luck out of this. You killed it. Granny is right and that is for sure the best 1st grow I've ever seen. It's one of the best I have ever seen regardless of what grow it is. Your buds don't even look like buds. More like massive alien cannoctopuses from the third realm. The pistils are sticking up like they aren't ever going to stop. I'm honestly scared for you.
Hah I haven't posted pics cause my shit is a racket and embarrassing 😣 I've got about 18 ideas as to what went wrong. Yeah you are right and I'm sure I will end up with something and at least I learned a lot. Now am just waitin for a few more days of flushin Cookie and Coco and 3x3 tent will arrive Wednesday and it's game on. Gotta decide if I'm gonna do the 24-48 complete darkness before chopping. One thing I think about maybe 10 times a day hah is whether I should dry the chem cookies any differently due to how dry and deficient the leaves are. There is a major difference between these leaves and healthy ones and I would think these leaves would speed up the dry and I don't want that. It makes me wonder if I should trim all the leaves with no sugar on them before I dry? Leaves with zero trichs that are yellow and orange. They will super dry the buds I would think. Can't believe I'm even posting these but it is what it is. If I even got an eighth per branch I'd have a ton lol so it's all good. Just happy we all comin to harvest 🙏

20220509 164550
20220509 164602
20220509 164612
20220509 164624
20220509 164717
20220509 164726
20220509 164733
20220509 164736
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Bro that ain't luck. You straight up did all the research, planning, and hard work to rule luck out of this. You killed it. Granny is right and that is for sure the best 1st grow I've ever seen. It's one of the best I have ever seen regardless of what grow it is. Your buds don't even look like buds. More like massive alien cannoctopuses from the third realm. The pistils are sticking up like they aren't ever going to stop. I'm honestly scared for you.
Hah I haven't posted pics cause my shit is a racket and embarrassing 😣 I've got about 18 ideas as to what went wrong. Yeah you are right and I'm sure I will end up with something and at least I learned a lot. Now am just waitin for a few more days of flushin Cookie and Coco and 3x3 tent will arrive Wednesday and it's game on. Gotta decide if I'm gonna do the 24-48 complete darkness before chopping. One thing I think about maybe 10 times a day hah is whether I should dry the chem cookies any differently due to how dry and deficient the leaves are. There is a major difference between these leaves and healthy ones and I would think these leaves would speed up the dry and I don't want that. It makes me wonder if I should trim all the leaves with no sugar on them before I dry? Leaves with zero trichs that are yellow and orange. They will super dry the buds I would think. Can't believe I'm even posting these but it is what it is. If I even got an eighth per branch I'd have a ton lol so it's all good. Just happy we all comin to harvest 🙏
Alien cannoctopuses? Lmaooooo! Have heart. For all you have dealt with, I’m surprised they look as good as they do. You will have a crop for sure. When you are ready to do it easy and efficient let me know. I can help you make short work of it, or you can spend hours buying this, adding that, removing this.. getting the Calmag Calmag Calmag answer. I know you have been the gambit. In this business we lead by example. Another big player in his success was he listened. You would not believe the people that pay to attend my classes, go out do the exact opposite and complain that the outcome must be my fault. He did things that would be hard for any new grower, like lollypopping for example. He asked questions and I answered them until they made sense.
You are gonna get there! Just wait until you smoke your first that you grew, it will be the best you have ever consumed. Those of us that are successful have fecked up more chit more times than most have even tried. This is how we learn.
As for the trimming question, those leaves up until the day you cut the plant are in use. When they are done they will easily pop off with a slight tug. I only take the big main leaves off when I hang the plant to dry. A lot of your small sugar leaves will dry around and pull into your Bud.
So, head up.. happy harvest! Most don’t make it that far on a first grow, so pat yourself on the back and stop kickin your own ass. I’d hit that Bud Lol. 🤪

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Alien cannoctopuses? Lmaooooo! Have heart. For all you have dealt with, I’m surprised they look as good as they do. You will have a crop for sure. When you are ready to do it easy and efficient let me know. I can help you make short work of it, or you can spend hours buying this, adding that, removing this.. getting the Calmag Calmag Calmag answer. I know you have been the gambit. In this business we lead by example. Another big player in his success was he listened. You would not believe the people that pay to attend my classes, go out do the exact opposite and complain that the outcome must be my fault. He did things that would be hard for any new grower, like lollypopping for example. He asked questions and I answered them until they made sense.
You are gonna get there! Just wait until you smoke your first that you grew, it will be the best you have ever consumed. Those of us that are successful have fecked up more chit more times than most have even tried. This is how we learn.
As for the trimming question, those leaves up until the day you cut the plant are in use. When they are done they will easily pop off with a slight tug. I only take the big main leaves off when I hang the plant to dry. A lot of your small sugar leaves will dry around and pull into your Bud.
So, head up.. happy harvest! Most don’t make it that far on a first grow, so pat yourself on the back and stop kickin your own ass. I’d hit that Bud Lol. 🤪

omg I am just seeing now that I posted this in Zombies journal lol whoops my bad

Granny you are just all that and then some. The luckiest part of my grow for sure was crossing paths with you all. Calmed me down when spazzed and were always there to help. I am 100% on board to learn anything and everything there is to learn about the "Way of the Gran" 😍

As for drying and trimming, ok I will only pluck a smidge if need and will hope the dry leaves don't speed up the dry. Always have the white widows right behind in case all goes to crap. So happy it is almost time WOOT WOOT

Zombierider

Zombierider

@PerfecTrader thanks for the encouragement man, I do feel luck was partially to thank but also listening to @CannaGranny really made the colas take off I feel, cuz without her help I didn’t know what to do with the lollipopping. Probably would have gone more conservative had she not encouraged me to bite the billet and really lollipop them.

As for your grow, your colas look like they’re harboring some nice solid nugs on there! It’s gonna be some fire smoke and they look dense as f. You should have plenty of good smoke to last till your next harvest! They are frosty looking too, when are you gonna harvest do you think?

I can definitely see the similarities in genetics between chem cookies/cheese cookies, nice pyramid shaped dense symmetrical nugs. Can’t wait to grow some more Mamiko genetics, they seem robust. And no worries posting this on my thread bro, the more the merrier!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Thanks again for the help @CannaGranny you really helped me take my grow to the next level, it’s definitely made me want to continue growing as long as I can :D. I would also be interested in learning your growing methods as well, are your classes online in some way? I do enjoy the methods I used this time, but I definitely wanna simplify the nutrients if posible as they aren’t particularly cheap and take forever to mix lol (especially the 6 part method I’m using). Cal mag does seem to be everyone’s solution in coco lol, I feel like just upping the ppm’s can solve lots instead of trying to pinpoint certain deficiencies.
So…you gonna post pictures of the cured bud? Please do!

Zombierider

Zombierider

So just an update since were in the final week of the grow. Started seeing amber trichs so i began flushing them, only 5-7 more days to go, waiting till I see a few more and then I’ll cut them down.Since we’re in the home stretch thought an early update was due, and a question: I assume no one hangs their whole massive scrogged plants for drying right? I like the idea of whole plant drying, but not sure it will be possible since my girls are so big. Will drying via hanging branches on strings together result in a faster drying? I wanna dry em sloowww

08D4203D F612 4544 B79E 75AC3F1DC5A9
Zombierider

Zombierider

Some more glamour shots lol man I’m so glad this run is almost over, now there’s 16 days of drying to look forward to. Next run is in the works! Gonna get a drip tray on a table so no more runoff issues. I’m 99% sure next run will be: Fire Afghan Cookies, Green Gelato, Kings Juice and Peyote Wifi. Trying to run strains that have similarities so I don’t encounter too many issues like different flowering times or one pheno growing too tall compared to others. @PerfecTrader what are you gonna run next time? Make sure to post a thread on it!

672CC44B 0E02 4573 A039 9FFC665FB081
3382AAD9 94E6 42D2 97E5 8C0811CE26FB
145BA617 8B06 4FDB 9AAA 3D8902A696E3
Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

So I actually haven’t harvested yet lol. Turns out cheese cookies takes 9-10 weeks and I’m at the end of week 9, and no consistent amber trichs yet, also e are plenty of clear trichs left, one pheno has few amber hairs. So I’m letting them go a few more days till I see a few more amber hairs/trichs.

One question though to @CannaGranny . Firstly hope all is well and your enjoying your harvest :D. I snipped a bud off like 4 days ago to try, I left it on top of my grow tent and today it was dry enough to smoke but…it’s flavorless/hay smelly. Is this cuz of quick drying the bud or should I still be tasting some terps after drying quickly? My room is at 71F/49% rh. Bud did smack though it was a very sativa like high, but I hope my whole crop will taste better than the quick dry test bud. 😕

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

So I actually haven’t harvested yet lol. Turns out cheese cookies takes 9-10 weeks and I’m at the end of week 9, and no consistent amber trichs yet, also e are plenty of clear trichs left, one pheno has few amber hairs. So I’m letting them go a few more days till I see a few more amber hairs/trichs.

One question though to @CannaGranny . Firstly hope all is well and your enjoying your harvest :D. I snipped a bud off like 4 days ago to try, I left it on top of my grow tent and today it was dry enough to smoke but…it’s flavorless/hay smelly. Is this cuz of quick drying the bud or should I still be tasting some terps after drying quickly? My room is at 71F/49% rh. Bud did smack though it was a very sativa like high, but I hope my whole crop will taste better than the quick dry test bud. 😕
Hey there! All is good here. Summer time busy. I am enjoying to the max! I’m also kicking butt in shooting competitions which takes a great deal of my time too 🙂 This past Saturday I took first and won the X pot money, which keeps fellows coming from several states around to take out the Lady, and I don’t mean to dinner either lol.
As to your question about taste, expect that hay taste until you achieve a full on cure. It’s normal and a predominant taste while ridding itself of the chlorophyl. Very strong tasting stuff at a young age generally have good strong terps. That comes with grow experience and genetics. Rely on the color of your trichs to tell you when you have achieved the medicine you desire. Sounds to me like you are looking for about twenty to thirty percent amber. So yes, your crop will be much tastier after a cure🙂
Sent you some pics from the shoot via pvt message!

Top Bottom