Mamiko Cheese Cookies Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombierider

Zombierider

Quick post harvest update: So I cut them down last Wednesday, had to cut them all at once since I couldn’t get them out of the scrog net without manhandling the buds. So…I just flipped the entire bamboo scrog and hung them in the same tent I grew them in lol. I got the idea from watching Kyle Kushman do something like that (might have been Jorge Cervantes not sure) on YouTube, where he says a heavy interwoven scrog can just be flipped and dried in situ. So fingers crossed this works lol. I have one 6 inch fan moving air beneath the girls and a flap in my tent door cracked when the humidity gets above 60%. Been rocking it averaging at 63 degrees and 60% humidity, smell currently is grassy with deep funky notes of Vicks vapor rub ( I recognize that terp, hopefully my bud tastes like it, it’s dank!). The buds are really sticky, and the terps are really strong especially when touching them. Hoping I don’t fk this part up! Lol

F7B09F71 283B 4328 90D3 7F8A03F4DD02
Zombierider

Zombierider

Hah no way you fkin next grow up. Shits only gonna get better for you although appears near impossible lol

Yeah as for weather, it just dawned on me that I may have my hands full next grow more than was thinking. It will be 110+ out for weeks on end. Shit. I can't run this 14k btu 24/7 along with everything else for a whole grow. Hmmm hope persian pie likes it hot lmao I may have to get those. I don't have next grows start planned out just yet. Still have the widows drying in the tent and I was probably going to take a few days or week once all is done to clean, reorganize, and re-strategize. I was going to go DWC or some sort of Drip in Coco but am reversing course. I am fully onboard with switching to soil this grow and following the @CannaGranny way to a T. May even make T-shirts saying such 😂
That moisture meter you talkin about. I have a 3 in 1 cheap ass vivosun moisture meter I never opened cause it is for testing soil moisture. I can't use this for anything like you are can I? What do you just poke the buds with the prongs?
The coconut oil recipe seems legit af. I also looked in many places but this one makes enough sense that it is hard to refute. https://www.dudegrows.com/make-potent-cannabis-oil-aka-canna-butter/
You may not be able to obtain Soy Lechitin at local grocery though. Go to a Sprouts type store. My better half takes a Wyld Elderberry 2:1 thc/cbn OR a wanna watermelon 10mg indica gummy to help with sleep. When she doesn't take a gummy she doesn't sleep as well. She took 1 cookie 1 made the last 2 nights and slept better than with the gummies. I made double the recipe and used 14g and 1c oil and 1tsp each time of the lechitin. Super easy but just takes a good 4-6 hours including the 2hr you need to freeze it. Highly recommend you try this recipe until/unless we find one better.

OMG YOU ARE FKIN CHOPPING TODAY! wow congratulations and grab some beers, you gonna need em in the next couple days and weeks lol too cool bud. Send pics once have unglued yourself from the jungle
Hah no way you fkin next grow up. Shits only gonna get better for you although appears near impossible lol

Yeah as for weather, it just dawned on me that I may have my hands full next grow more than was thinking. It will be 110+ out for weeks on end. Shit. I can't run this 14k btu 24/7 along with everything else for a whole grow. Hmmm hope persian pie likes it hot lmao I may have to get those. I don't have next grows start planned out just yet. Still have the widows drying in the tent and I was probably going to take a few days or week once all is done to clean, reorganize, and re-strategize. I was going to go DWC or some sort of Drip in Coco but am reversing course. I am fully onboard with switching to soil this grow and following the @CannaGranny way to a T. May even make T-shirts saying such 😂
That moisture meter you talkin about. I have a 3 in 1 cheap ass vivosun moisture meter I never opened cause it is for testing soil moisture. I can't use this for anything like you are can I? What do you just poke the buds with the prongs?
The coconut oil recipe seems legit af. I also looked in many places but this one makes enough sense that it is hard to refute. https://www.dudegrows.com/make-potent-cannabis-oil-aka-canna-butter/
You may not be able to obtain Soy Lechitin at local grocery though. Go to a Sprouts type store. My better half takes a Wyld Elderberry 2:1 thc/cbn OR a wanna watermelon 10mg indica gummy to help with sleep. When she doesn't take a gummy she doesn't sleep as well. She took 1 cookie 1 made the last 2 nights and slept better than with the gummies. I made double the recipe and used 14g and 1c oil and 1tsp each time of the lechitin. Super easy but just takes a good 4-6 hours including the 2hr you need to freeze it. Highly recommend you try this recipe until/unless we find one better.

OMG YOU ARE FKIN CHOPPING TODAY! wow congratulations and grab some beers, you gonna need em in the next couple days and weeks lol too cool bud. Send pics once have unglued yourself from the jungle
Sup bro! I missed this comment my bad. Anyway, as to the ac issue, you could always get a window unit like I did, that way you don’t over tax your central ac. My window unit was like 300$ and it cools my room like a fricken refrigerator lol. You can definitely get strains that do well in those intense temps, I hear equatorial strains do well in those (Durban poison for example). And thanks for the coconut oil recipe bro, I will try it out as soon as I have some trim to mess with. Gonna order some soy lecithin as I live in Rednecktown and no one is gonna have soy lecithin here lol. Wish I had sprouts here, love that store.
As for the moisture meter, I got the General tools moisture meter for around 30 bucks, I saw some pro’s using them in a canna cribs podcast so I figure they probably work ok. Yup, has two little prints that you stick into the bud and it gives you a reading. I read Aquaman say here somewhere that around 12% bud moisture is ideal for jarring, so I’m gonna go with that. As for the accuracy of your moisture meter I think it’s definitely not gonna give you the same info as the pronged moisture meter, so I would definitely get the prong one if you wanna go that route.
Also glad you got some cool techniques to try out next grow, DWC is pretty interesting and I’ve been seeing some ridiculous plants with dwc on the /autoflowers on Reddit. I think you gotta be carfwful with sterilization of your res and preventing algae blooms n such right? I will have to ask Cannagranny about her method, as I’m definitely interested in trying out other methods of growing aside from just drip coco.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Cut a lil branch n nug off to dry quickly and it smells ddddank and is super sticky. Cant wait to cure and enjoy! Didnt realize growing weed actually takes like 5 months from seed to joint lol.

20220531 101100
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sup bro! I missed this comment my bad. Anyway, as to the ac issue, you could always get a window unit like I did, that way you don’t over tax your central ac. My window unit was like 300$ and it cools my room like a fricken refrigerator lol. You can definitely get strains that do well in those intense temps, I hear equatorial strains do well in those (Durban poison for example). And thanks for the coconut oil recipe bro, I will try it out as soon as I have some trim to mess with. Gonna order some soy lecithin as I live in Rednecktown and no one is gonna have soy lecithin here lol. Wish I had sprouts here, love that store.
As for the moisture meter, I got the General tools moisture meter for around 30 bucks, I saw some pro’s using them in a canna cribs podcast so I figure they probably work ok. Yup, has two little prints that you stick into the bud and it gives you a reading. I read Aquaman say here somewhere that around 12% bud moisture is ideal for jarring, so I’m gonna go with that. As for the accuracy of your moisture meter I think it’s definitely not gonna give you the same info as the pronged moisture meter, so I would definitely get the prong one if you wanna go that route.
Also glad you got some cool techniques to try out next grow, DWC is pretty interesting and I’ve been seeing some ridiculous plants with dwc on the /autoflowers on Reddit. I think you gotta be carfwful with sterilization of your res and preventing algae blooms n such right? I will have to ask Cannagranny about her method, as I’m definitely interested in trying out other methods of growing aside from just drip coco.
yoo brotha sorry for the delay. Been higher than 2 kites strung together lately 😂 Over the weekend I went to a small seed/grow event in Phx and they had a booth that was testing your herb for $20 a strain. I gave them a G of each and they did 3 tests on each strain. Chem Cookie were 26/22/21% and the White Widow 24/26/24%. I was so stoked to know there was actually thc in them 😂 and even happier at the reactions from every single person who has tried them. I literally pooched almost every step of the grow in one way or another, including dry and no-cure and the shit still turned out real good lol

That brings me to your grow. Gimme directions I'm comin over. If this shit turned out how it did I can't even imagine what yalls are like. So frikkin stoked for ya. I know you gonna get over 16oz easy of the stickiest shit ever smoked. Just don't over dry and you be good. Not sure if true but I read a lot of things that say if the RH of your buds falls below 55 it is too late and re-hydrating won't "kick-start" the cure.
Can't tell you how pissed I am about my hunt for those Persian Pie seeds from Greenhouse Seeds. Legit since the day you pointed them out I have hunted for a way to get them and they are sold out 😦 If I ever see them for sale I am going to grab them. I haven't decided what to grow yet and may end up going GRC x BBC. So you don't think you going to grow in coco like you did again? Would you ever try a soil grow like Cannagranny does?

Zombierider

Zombierider

yoo brotha sorry for the delay. Been higher than 2 kites strung together lately 😂 Over the weekend I went to a small seed/grow event in Phx and they had a booth that was testing your herb for $20 a strain. I gave them a G of each and they did 3 tests on each strain. Chem Cookie were 26/22/21% and the White Widow 24/26/24%. I was so stoked to know there was actually thc in them 😂 and even happier at the reactions from every single person who has tried them. I literally pooched almost every step of the grow in one way or another, including dry and no-cure and the shit still turned out real good lol

That brings me to your grow. Gimme directions I'm comin over. If this shit turned out how it did I can't even imagine what yalls are like. So frikkin stoked for ya. I know you gonna get over 16oz easy of the stickiest shit ever smoked. Just don't over dry and you be good. Not sure if true but I read a lot of things that say if the RH of your buds falls below 55 it is too late and re-hydrating won't "kick-start" the cure.
Can't tell you how pissed I am about my hunt for those Persian Pie seeds from Greenhouse Seeds. Legit since the day you pointed them out I have hunted for a way to get them and they are sold out 😦 If I ever see them for sale I am going to grab them. I haven't decided what to grow yet and may end up going GRC x BBC. So you don't think you going to grow in coco like you did again? Would you ever try a soil grow like Cannagranny does?
Sup hombre! So fricken stoked you have over 20% thc in all your strains, incredible! I wish we had thc testing like that in VA. I knew you’d grow some sticky icky man, even with the minor nute deficiency you were worried about 😎. I’m being super careful with my dry and keeping it 58-60% humidity, I WILL NOT fuck this part up (I hope lol). Proud of ya bro, and hope we do get to smoke some fatties together if we ever cross paths! I go out to Colorado a lot to mountain bike so hit me up if your ever headed that way.

And yeah dude that Persian pie looks FIYYYERR. I’m on the notification list so hope we can both grow some soon enough. Greenhouse seeds always has great strains (super lemon haze is also one of my faves, talk about rip your face off sativa haha). And yeah I wouldn’t mind learning to grow in soil as well, it’s technically healthier than salt nutes which aren’t organic, plus it’s less nutrient mixing and more set-and-forget than salt based/coco. Honestly though, this grow went well enough that I’m just gonna pretty much do the same thing over again with some minor tweaks and refinements. However, I’ll probably just do 3 girls in my 5x5 tent all roided up on GH salt nutes, and setup my 4x4 drying tent to grow one massive plant in soil as an “experiment”. Definitely interested in Cannagranny’s method, will have to hit her up and find out what exactly the CannaGranny method is all about!

Btw I’m 7 days into drying and I’ve been separating and trimming branches here and there for them to dry faster. One was perfect moisture this morning and I gave it a final trim and jarred it up, put a mini hygrometer in the jar and it was like 62% humidity in there after 8 hours. Cracked the jar open and heaven literally came out of the jar. I’ve been sporting a shit eating grin ever since and it’s not going away.
38A45F8F 56D3 427C 8F7D 9F6D194CC6D8

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

In case anyone remembers I started this grow with a few tomato plants and were interested in their status:
From left to right: Black Prince, Granny Cantrell, San Marzano. I left them in fabric pots a bit longer than ideal, but ever since I transplanted into the ground now that summer is here, they are loving it. Dug a 2 foot deep bed in the ground and filled it with cow, mushroom and worm compost, rice hulls and peat moss. Im gonna take a ton of clones from all the lower branches of these tomatoes and quadruple the size of my garden, melons are going in today! Haven’t had good tomatoes in a while, as the vegetable selection at the big box stores is atrocious. Gotta grow your own to really get the really sweet fruit, especially these days. Cheers everyone!

AEB1E9B8 5FE0 4122 8D56 BC1A83DCCC4B
460F3001 E444 4DA7 9E28 83763B08F175
BA394CDC CD4E 4729 A0F3 D0DA92DA9356
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sup hombre! So fricken stoked you have over 20% thc in all your strains, incredible! I wish we had thc testing like that in VA. I knew you’d grow some sticky icky man, even with the minor nute deficiency you were worried about 😎. I’m being super careful with my dry and keeping it 58-60% humidity, I WILL NOT fuck this part up (I hope lol). Proud of ya bro, and hope we do get to smoke some fatties together if we ever cross paths! I go out to Colorado a lot to mountain bike so hit me up if your ever headed that way.

And yeah dude that Persian pie looks FIYYYERR. I’m on the notification list so hope we can both grow some soon enough. Greenhouse seeds always has great strains (super lemon haze is also one of my faves, talk about rip your face off sativa haha). And yeah I wouldn’t mind learning to grow in soil as well, it’s technically healthier than salt nutes which aren’t organic, plus it’s less nutrient mixing and more set-and-forget than salt based/coco. Honestly though, this grow went well enough that I’m just gonna pretty much do the same thing over again with some minor tweaks and refinements. However, I’ll probably just do 3 girls in my 5x5 tent all roided up on GH salt nutes, and setup my 4x4 drying tent to grow one massive plant in soil as an “experiment”. Definitely interested in Cannagranny’s method, will have to hit her up and find out what exactly the CannaGranny method is all about!

Btw I’m 7 days into drying and I’ve been separating and trimming branches here and there for them to dry faster. One was perfect moisture this morning and I gave it a final trim and jarred it up, put a mini hygrometer in the jar and it was like 62% humidity in there after 8 hours. Cracked the jar open and heaven literally came out of the jar. I’ve been sporting a shit eating grin ever since and it’s not going away.

Yo brotha! Yeah right? I was like whoa there is THC in it sweet. Yeah definitely going to remember next grow not to be such a panzy with everything lmao Glad we got to ride our grows out together. Good times for sure and this is just the beginning.
Yeah seems hard to find those Persian Pie seeds no doubt. If you notice them go on sale PLEASE grab me at least 5 and I send monies immediately. They don't sell to US so there are only like 1 other avenues I think? Seedman maybe? Was reading some threads on here and found one that is pretty interesting. Seems like a hunt for early 80s and 90s RoadKillSkunk strains that don't seem to exist much. I remember this "skunky" beyond belief smell from way back in the day. The smell that would transcend an entire concert area as if skunks were at war. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/r...catpiss-connection.137708/page-9#post-2802936

And this would be interesting https://dagga.garden/product/san-di...s-cut-kosher-kush-dna-x-original-90s-catpiss/

Oh wow so you gonna go drip again, NOOO way can blame ya. Would be sweet ass sweet if you could also pull off the "CG Way" soil grow in the other tent. Would be really cool as a side by side and also you might find one to be much better than the other for some reason. I'm gonna pull the trigger today on almost everything I need for next grow that CG advised. Just missing mushroom compost that isn't 10x the cost. Can buy what she recommends for $5 at Menards but it is 50+ on amazon on no menards in AZ grrr

Fk yeah sounds like your dry is on point. Shit is gonna be level 10 herb for ya for the year+. I don't have anything that even says 55% in my grove bags but even the shit I wrecked that is just over 30% smokes just fine. Lesson learned, bud size and and drying are much more related thatn thought. Note to self for next time for sure. Can always pull earlier and be fine, can never pull later and restart cure. SOOOOO stoked for you. Oh before I forget. What kind of gloves did you use? Was by accident that I ended up with nylon gloves from HD since they were out of the black Nitrile I think they are called. Whelped worked out cause the sticky icky basically is able to be rubbed off with the gloves alone. If every time your fingers get hashed up enough, just rub them together and start making a ball. Then use that ball to roll the rest off and eventually you will have a marble or larger PER PLANT lol then I rolled the hash ball in crystals that stuck to the trays I was using. Now I have hash of some sort that turns to powder and when topped on a bowl, oooof

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

In case anyone remembers I started this grow with a few tomato plants and were interested in their status:
From left to right: Black Prince, Granny Cantrell, San Marzano. I left them in fabric pots a bit longer than ideal, but ever since I transplanted into the ground now that summer is here, they are loving it. Dug a 2 foot deep bed in the ground and filled it with cow, mushroom and worm compost, rice hulls and peat moss. Im gonna take a ton of clones from all the lower branches of these tomatoes and quadruple the size of my garden, melons are going in today! Haven’t had good tomatoes in a while, as the vegetable selection at the big box stores is atrocious. Gotta grow your own to really get the really sweet fruit, especially these days. Cheers everyone!
that is too fkin cool bud. Those tomatoes are gonna be the best you ever had. I have got to get a garden going outside here this year. For sure gonna take a go at it once this summer heat slows. Yeah I've noticed produce droppin like a rock out here as well. Time we become out own farmers markets 💪

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

that is too fkin cool bud. Those tomatoes are gonna be the best you ever had. I have got to get a garden going outside here this year. For sure gonna take a go at it once this summer heat slows. Yeah I've noticed produce droppin like a rock out here as well. Time we become out own farmers markets 💪
So lucky where I live! I get all of my meat from the Amish/Menonites and what I don’t grow I can buy from a local organic farm.
Im super excited about going through this grow with Trader 😊 I get such a kick out of seeing people get it. I’m just as excited bout those big ole sticky buds. He should have no angst nor worries with this method. Maybe this will help him kick back and enjoy the grow. Not saying it’s not work, just saying it comes off like clockwork 😍
So maybe one day you two can make your way to the beautiful Ozarks, sit on my front porch out in the woods hood and enjoy a few home grown delights.
The two of you have been a joy, glad I didn’t shine either one of ya on. 🥰 I’m good at that cuz I’m old and don’t have time for a bunch of (You fill in the blank) lol.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

So lucky where I live! I get all of my meat from the Amish/Menonites and what I don’t grow I can buy from a local organic farm.
Im super excited about going through this grow with Trader 😊 I get such a kick out of seeing people get it. I’m just as excited bout those big ole sticky buds. He should have no angst nor worries with this method. Maybe this will help him kick back and enjoy the grow. Not saying it’s not work, just saying it comes off like clockwork 😍
So maybe one day you two can make your way to the beautiful Ozarks, sit on my front porch out in the woods hood and enjoy a few home grown delights.
The two of you have been a joy, glad I didn’t shine either one of ya on. 🥰 I’m good at that cuz I’m old and don’t have time for a bunch of (You fill in the blank) lol.
That is awesome. Sounds very self sufficient compared to most people and that is where it's at. I don't have much of a backyard to work with but have thought of making a 3 tier, 5x 5gal painter bucket grow out of 2x4s. I think it would be a good start and I like that they are mobile in case need to move them.

Yeah CG I'm super stoked for this grow and so thankful for all your help. I'm not much for coincidence and feel all paths that cross do so for a reason. Comin out to the Ozarks would be a frikkin blast and thanks much for the invite. I'd probably never return cause having too much fun but that is ok 😄
Amazon just sent me notification 😮 Some goodies for next grow are comin 🤗

Is the main reason not to use a flexible trellis because it is flexible? And that flexs defeats some of the whole point of the SCROG? I refuse to use a trellis for support this grow. I am going to make those ladies grow horizontally until they have spidered the entire screen. I wss a wee bit baked this morn and was walking one of my dogs and saw someone was throwing away a round glass table about 3ft. My baked ass thought hmm, I wonder if anyone has ever tried to use a glass table to SCROG with 😄

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

That is awesome. Sounds very self sufficient compared to most people and that is where it's at. I don't have much of a backyard to work with but have thought of making a 3 tier, 5x 5gal painter bucket grow out of 2x4s. I think it would be a good start and I like that they are mobile in case need to move them.

Yeah CG I'm super stoked for this grow and so thankful for all your help. I'm not much for coincidence and feel all paths that cross do so for a reason. Comin out to the Ozarks would be a frikkin blast and thanks much for the invite. I'd probably never return cause having too much fun but that is ok 😄
Amazon just sent me notification 😮 Some goodies for next grow are comin 🤗

Is the main reason not to use a flexible trellis because it is flexible? And that flexs defeats some of the whole point of the SCROG? I refuse to use a trellis for support this grow. I am going to make those ladies grow horizontally until they have spidered the entire screen. I wss a wee bit baked this morn and was walking one of my dogs and saw someone was throwing away a round glass table about 3ft. My baked ass thought hmm, I wonder if anyone has ever tried to use a glass table to SCROG with 😄
You have answered your own question 🙂 The general idea of the scrog is to have something heavy enough to hold the whole limb beneath the table so that every single site up and down the limb has equal light, creating all main colas. Actually the table sans the glass with a wire top would actually work! This is very helpful if your lady has any size to her. I am currently growing monsters. Two of them the Orange Widow and the Alaskan Thunder f*#k are huge in veg stage and will be a problem to reckon with in flower. They NEED a heavy top just to hold them down.
Questions for you so I can set the schedule to your grow. Do you have seeds yet? If you are looking for size, good structure and an amazing kick, try out Captain Redbeards fem seeds. In all honesty, I would stay away from the auto line, the results were too varied for me to recommend. His fem and reg lines are fire. Do you pre soak your seeds? Do you go to a solo cup prior to planting them in the big pot?
I did a search for that mushroom compost in your State, it came up that Home Depot and Walmart had it. You can go online at Walmart, order it and pick it up at your local store.
One thing that you will need is something to be able to measure liquid in milliliters. With the seven gallon bags the “recipe“ I gave you will fill two of them, there is a little leftover that I store to top off my pots when the soil settles and consumes itself. To keep a crop rolling, as soon as I go to flower, I pop my next set of seeds. When they come out of flower, my next set is waiting to roll in.
Im Fimming today, taking clones and prepping for flower😍 My favorite time, headed to flower again.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

You have answered your own question 🙂 The general idea of the scrog is to have something heavy enough to hold the whole limb beneath the table so that every single site up and down the limb has equal light, creating all main colas. Actually the table sans the glass with a wire top would actually work! This is very helpful if your lady has any size to her. I am currently growing monsters. Two of them the Orange Widow and the Alaskan Thunder f*#k are huge in veg stage and will be a problem to reckon with in flower. They NEED a heavy top just to hold them down.
Questions for you so I can set the schedule to your grow. Do you have seeds yet? If you are looking for size, good structure and an amazing kick, try out Captain Redbeards fem seeds. In all honesty, I would stay away from the auto line, the results were too varied for me to recommend. His fem and reg lines are fire. Do you pre soak your seeds? Do you go to a solo cup prior to planting them in the big pot?
I did a search for that mushroom compost in your State, it came up that Home Depot and Walmart had it. You can go online at Walmart, order it and pick it up at your local store.
One thing that you will need is something to be able to measure liquid in milliliters. With the seven gallon bags the “recipe“ I gave you will fill two of them, there is a little leftover that I store to top off my pots when the soil settles and consumes itself. To keep a crop rolling, as soon as I go to flower, I pop my next set of seeds. When they come out of flower, my next set is waiting to roll in.
Im Fimming today, taking clones and prepping for flower😍 My favorite time, headed to flower again.
ok perfect and I for sure will have an ideal screen before it is needed. Just plotting out a couple last details.
Yeah I would grab the table but it is round and I would only want it for a 1 plant grow. Also didn't see if it had a stand and I would have to deal with making it the right height and ensuring it didn't collapse onto girls.
Yes have seeds but surely wish had more. Have a chem cookie, white widows, lady gold(acapulco gold x alien rock candy) x wedding cake#3, and GRCxBBC(Grape Rock Candy x Banana Butter Cups) all seeds I have are feminized.
I've checked out RedBeards maybe 38 times 😆 and frequently gawk at the pics and strains. I know they can be trusted and will likely use in the future.
Yes I presoak seeds in shot glass with couple drops hydrogen peroxide and water. I wait 12 hours and poke them to see if they sink. Once they sink and don't float back I do paper towel in baggie method and seems to always work. I have peet pellets can sprout them in them if you recommend. I have clear solo cups and red ones. I burn like tons of holes around the bottom rims and place clear cups in red cups. Use the clear to be able to monitor roots so know when it is appropriate to transplant and use the red cause they say direct light is no bueno for roots.
I went to Home Depot today and got this brand HERE and can always return and or get different kind if should. Menards was cheap as shit and so is this so what the hay, maybe they both are ok.
As for measuring, I have plastic syringes of all sizes.

I was talkin with a living soil guru friend back in IL and he says I better be proactive rather than reactive with a IPM system. My indoor grow is in an office upstairs but ANY bugs up there means kinda everywhere because of the vaulted ceilings and way house is lays out. A few things he recommends I wanted to swing by you before purchasing. He advised I get Neem oil, need seed, nematodes, and mosquito bits. If I know that pests are FOR SURE going to be an issue, shouldn't I plan ahead and try to make the living soil combat worthy?

@Zombierider Hope you are well brotha. I have a feeling you been reaaly reaaly relaxed lately 😆

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Put it this way. Pretty sure a fungus gnat flew into my fruity IPA while I was responding 😄😯🤨🤣😡 soo good chance living soil and molasses and mushroom(fungi) etc yeahh I need to prep for battle right? 🤔

20220604 165943
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Put it this way. Pretty sure a fungus gnat flew into my fruity IPA while I was responding 😄😯🤨🤣😡 soo good chance living soil and molasses and mushroom(fungi) etc yeahh I need to prep for battle right? 🤔
That thing looks like what is called a sweat bee in my part of the country and has nada to do with your canna plants. I don’t deal with fungus gnats and a lot of that has to do with watering practices. I keep pest control on hand and I much prefer Trifecta over neem. Trifecta is completely organic and does not leave behind an oily residue that should be washed off. Not to mention once you are under scrog, you sure don’t wanna have to pull them out to rinse them off. Being a complete herbal pesticide, it smells like a big Greek salad! I have used it on both mites and powdery mildew, wonderful gifts that came via clone. These days I just kindly turn down those gifts.
Your pic of the compost did not load, but assuming it’s full on mushroom compost it’s fine🙂 With this method, you would plant your seed after soaking into the solo cup. Soil will be straight happy frog, nothing else. I plant in a colored cup in prewetted soil, sit it atop of a seedling heating pad and dome it over with a clear solo. As soon as I see green, I remove the clear cup. Once the top has grown to the sides of the cup, I prepare my bag cut the side of the cup, take out my plant and it just slips into the cup hole in the bag.
At Zombie... where are you??? Or what you smokinnnnn? 😜

Zombierider

Zombierider

Yo brotha! Yeah right? I was like whoa there is THC in it sweet. Yeah definitely going to remember next grow not to be such a panzy with everything lmao Glad we got to ride our grows out together. Good times for sure and this is just the beginning.
Yeah seems hard to find those Persian Pie seeds no doubt. If you notice them go on sale PLEASE grab me at least 5 and I send monies immediately. They don't sell to US so there are only like 1 other avenues I think? Seedman maybe? Was reading some threads on here and found one that is pretty interesting. Seems like a hunt for early 80s and 90s RoadKillSkunk strains that don't seem to exist much. I remember this "skunky" beyond belief smell from way back in the day. The smell that would transcend an entire concert area as if skunks were at war. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/r...catpiss-connection.137708/page-9#post-2802936

And this would be interesting https://dagga.garden/product/san-di...s-cut-kosher-kush-dna-x-original-90s-catpiss/

Oh wow so you gonna go drip again, NOOO way can blame ya. Would be sweet ass sweet if you could also pull off the "CG Way" soil grow in the other tent. Would be really cool as a side by side and also you might find one to be much better than the other for some reason. I'm gonna pull the trigger today on almost everything I need for next grow that CG advised. Just missing mushroom compost that isn't 10x the cost. Can buy what she recommends for $5 at Menards but it is 50+ on amazon on no menards in AZ grrr

Fk yeah sounds like your dry is on point. Shit is gonna be level 10 herb for ya for the year+. I don't have anything that even says 55% in my grove bags but even the shit I wrecked that is just over 30% smokes just fine. Lesson learned, bud size and and drying are much more related thatn thought. Note to self for next time for sure. Can always pull earlier and be fine, can never pull later and restart cure. SOOOOO stoked for you. Oh before I forget. What kind of gloves did you use? Was by accident that I ended up with nylon gloves from HD since they were out of the black Nitrile I think they are called. Whelped worked out cause the sticky icky basically is able to be rubbed off with the gloves alone. If every time your fingers get hashed up enough, just rub them together and start making a ball. Then use that ball to roll the rest off and eventually you will have a marble or larger PER PLANT lol then I rolled the hash ball in crystals that stuck to the trays I was using. Now I have hash of some sort that turns to powder and when topped on a bowl, oooof
Sup bro! I’ve been deep into the bowels of trimming jail, yesterday I jarred everything up as I got some stem snap in small stems, and stuff felt crispy and nugs had decent amount of bounce. Sticky af and smokes pretty decent in a joint. The terps man, the terps are so damn nice I can sniff a freshly ground bud for minutes 👃 🌿. Definitely can smell the cheese, a sweet smell (cookies) and gassy smell too, it’s some of the best smelling weed I’ve ever smelt. Hits really nice too even though it hasn’t cured yet, starts as a nice sativa head high and ends in a munchie inducing indica effect, love it! Can’t wait to see what they will be like after a few weeks of curing.
Super pumped that you and I and Cannagranny are all enjoying our fresh harvests, spring has never been “greener” lol.

Totally check out Seedsman, they will for sure have the Persian pie sometime soon, and they ship to the US, very fast shipping nowadays too, I’m definitely gonna pick some up when they get back in stock. I also recommend Heritage seed bank, they have legit genetics.
And yeah dude I loove the skunk smelling strains, that’s why I love cheese strains, cheese is a special skunk phenotype they noticed smelled cheesy, so don’t rule out some cheese or cheese crosses in your search for the skunkyness. Now that I got the skunk terp with the cheese cookies, i want to check out some citrus terp strains (kings kush, I also fricken love me some kush) and some new terps I haven’t tried yet like cream (fire afghan cookies). So many flavors to try I’m going insane in the membrane lmfao.

And yeah man I have been so busy I haven’t been researching the soil grow yet, but I really wanna rock the organic soil and compare to synth. And what did you get for the new grow? Ironically mushroom compost is super cheap at lowes, or at least in was a couple weeks ago. Maybe look for some fertilizer that is produced locally that you can get a deal on? Excited to see the new grow diary man, you’ll be a couple weeks ahead of me this time 🏁 🌿 😎.

Oh, and I didn’t use gloves to trim lol I should have but I think the dead skin cells in my finger keif will make it better 😂. I’m making some edibles tonight with that recipe you shared with me, thanks again! Going on 4+ hour bike rides lately, and my edibles are gonna make these long rides WAYY funnerrr. Lol 🚴 🍁 💨

Zombierider

Zombierider

Yeah dude tomatoes here are such crap, and evidently the organic strawberries give you hepatitis so…time to grow our own veggies or suffer nutrient deficiencies of our own lol.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Hello! That’s so cool, I also hit up the Amish folk for lots of meats/cheese/etc, lots of them out here in Virginia as Pennsylvania isn’t far off. Are there lots of Amish in Missouri as well? I’ve driven through Missouri a few times, always wanted to visit the Ozarks and mountain bike. I’ll have to plan a road trip and visit Cannagranny farm, I imagine lots of super dank veggies n herbs, and guns. Goddamn I love this country lol. I feel lucky to had your help on my first grow, can’t wait to pick your brain for my next grow. Speaking of that…where can we discuss the CannaGranny soil method? I wanna learn!

Zombierider

Zombierider

ok perfect and I for sure will have an ideal screen before it is needed. Just plotting out a couple last details.
Yeah I would grab the table but it is round and I would only want it for a 1 plant grow. Also didn't see if it had a stand and I would have to deal with making it the right height and ensuring it didn't collapse onto girls.
Yes have seeds but surely wish had more. Have a chem cookie, white widows, lady gold(acapulco gold x alien rock candy) x wedding cake#3, and GRCxBBC(Grape Rock Candy x Banana Butter Cups) all seeds I have are feminized.
I've checked out RedBeards maybe 38 times 😆 and frequently gawk at the pics and strains. I know they can be trusted and will likely use in the future.
Yes I presoak seeds in shot glass with couple drops hydrogen peroxide and water. I wait 12 hours and poke them to see if they sink. Once they sink and don't float back I do paper towel in baggie method and seems to always work. I have peet pellets can sprout them in them if you recommend. I have clear solo cups and red ones. I burn like tons of holes around the bottom rims and place clear cups in red cups. Use the clear to be able to monitor roots so know when it is appropriate to transplant and use the red cause they say direct light is no bueno for roots.
I went to Home Depot today and got this brand HERE and can always return and or get different kind if should. Menards was cheap as shit and so is this so what the hay, maybe they both are ok.
As for measuring, I have plastic syringes of all sizes.

I was talkin with a living soil guru friend back in IL and he says I better be proactive rather than reactive with a IPM system. My indoor grow is in an office upstairs but ANY bugs up there means kinda everywhere because of the vaulted ceilings and way house is lays out. A few things he recommends I wanted to swing by you before purchasing. He advised I get Neem oil, need seed, nematodes, and mosquito bits. If I know that pests are FOR SURE going to be an issue, shouldn't I plan ahead and try to make the living soil combat worthy?

@Zombierider Hope you are well brotha. I have a feeling you been reaaly reaaly relaxed lately 😆
Haha yeah man I have been super relaxed for some reason haha. For work I do bricklaying/stone masonry so luckily I’ve been busy with that. It’s fun though cuz it’s my company and I can smoke as much as I like as long as the customer isn’t around lol.

Zombierider

Zombierider

That thing looks like what is called a sweat bee in my part of the country and has nada to do with your canna plants. I don’t deal with fungus gnats and a lot of that has to do with watering practices. I keep pest control on hand and I much prefer Trifecta over neem. Trifecta is completely organic and does not leave behind an oily residue that should be washed off. Not to mention once you are under scrog, you sure don’t wanna have to pull them out to rinse them off. Being a complete herbal pesticide, it smells like a big Greek salad! I have used it on both mites and powdery mildew, wonderful gifts that came via clone. These days I just kindly turn down those gifts.
Your pic of the compost did not load, but assuming it’s full on mushroom compost it’s fine🙂 With this method, you would plant your seed after soaking into the solo cup. Soil will be straight happy frog, nothing else. I plant in a colored cup in prewetted soil, sit it atop of a seedling heating pad and dome it over with a clear solo. As soon as I see green, I remove the clear cup. Once the top has grown to the sides of the cup, I prepare my bag cut the side of the cup, take out my plant and it just slips into the cup hole in the bag.
At Zombie... where are you??? Or what you smokinnnnn? 😜
I’m here! Been on here periodically but haven’t had time to respond cuz my fingerz are too zticky haha. So awesome you have big girls in veg ready for flower already! I have to mimic you and set up a perpetual grow. Unfortunately that means I will only be able to do 2 plants per tent, so maybe my 5x5 will be overkill for vegging 2 plants? Will take a million years to veg 2 plants in a 5x5, even in coco I think right? Cheers, hope ya had a good weekend!

Zombierider

Zombierider

@CannaGranny one question about curing: do you burp your jars if they are steady at 58-63% humidity in the jars? I can’t find a definite answer on this anywhere as some say to burp, some not to burp. Kyle kushman says that putting the buds in when they are perfect moisture level will let the cure without the need for burping (https://homegrowncannabisco.com/gro...man/how-to-grow-marijuana/drying-curing-weed/). I’m inclined to go the non-burping route as it makes sense to me.

Top Bottom