Mars hydro lights catch fire!

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i,m only on my 2 or 3rd grow with mh ts3000 ( i say 2nd-3rd because i overlapped photos and autos) and lights have been running constant for the girls.
is it not possible the OP and others didn't have the plugs fully in?
i know mine was a real snug fit with the plugs?
and yes i am a newb here but so far i've had no issues with the lights.
and why go after a member who was just trying to calm this thread down to a civil level?
Not possible they were lose at all, i check my connections daily. Raised by a residential electrician lol.

D

dean1963

Not possible they were lose at all, i check my connections daily. Raised by a residential electrician lol.
you check your connections daily?
i'm sorry but i find that hard to believe.
plus if you wiggle the plugs everyday then no doubt they burnt!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

you check your connections daily?
i'm sorry but i find that hard to believe.
plus if you wiggle the plugs everyday then no doubt they burnt!
🤦🏻‍♂️ visual inspection is a thing... 2 eyes and a working brain here. Doubt me if you want, all the ts lights burn up. Nothing i did to cause it, just garbage products.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Maybe it depends where you buy it. I bought mine from marshydro.eu maybe they have lower safety requirements in the us/Canada? Be interesting to find out although I doubt they would publicise it if they did lol. Anyway, much love to you all as always, peace ✌
Actually none of these offshore lights are CSA approved for canada. . Only one I have seen is electric sky .

Blastfact

Blastfact

Actually none of these offshore lights are CSA approved for canada. . Only one I have seen is electric sky .
Higher end HLG's from the 350R up have UL & CSA certs. I think the Rspecs have CSA certs. But only conform to UL. None of the kit lights meet certs as a whole because of the nature of the product. Some components do meet UL & CSA. Canada is very strange when it comes to the world of certs be them electrical or mechanical. CSA regains supreme and is all encompassing but is seen as BS in the rest of the world. They are seen as very loose and in many cases flat out wrong. The joke in my industry is how bad CSA over rates water and especially steam relief valves. It's like they count on the valve to explode to meet max BTU rating. Same with pressure vessels and other control valves and fittings.

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

I heard about their shit quality and customer service awhile ago. I'm glad I sold anything I won in their giveaways,wouldn't want to risk it.

My dumb ass could probably throw together a safer light.

D

dublinthedog

I run multiple Mars FC 4800s and are by far the best lights I've ever owned. A FIVE year warranty they came with so your blanket statements don't necessarily ring true.
I have an FC8000 that melted/caught fire at the connection between the driver and the light. I owned it for one year and 2 weeks. Options from mars hydro were to pay2-300 dollars shipping both way, or they would send me the parts and soder it myself without even fixing the actual problem. Mars Hydro is trash bruh.
PXL 20221212 000304385

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

AFCI breaker is something that prevents fires in this situation. It senses electrical arc faults and shuts down your gear before it catches fire.

Only costs $50 if you are handy with electrical. Takes 5 minutes to install. An absolute MUST for Mars Hydro users !!!

The rest of us could use it too. My two tents share one AFCI breaker.

SiemensAFCI-1.jpg

Wandering81

Wandering81

They didnt give any possible cause. Told me that it must be something im doing for it to happen twice in a year. Wont buy from them again.
something YOUR doing?? what a bunch of clowns. theres only ONE thing to do with those. plug them in to the wall.

sambapati

sambapati

I blew through one of those because a cfl fixture wasnt on correctly and chains of extension cords. Now roll with a giant pro xtender w built-in breaker and only 4 circuits. Have had 2 Mars units since 2020 through several grows w/o problem.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Are you running a dehui or cool mist right under it or something? They could be right if it happened to two different lights. I mean all it would take is some high humidity and im sure most lights would start having issues.
I have had the TSL2000 for 2 years no and its amazing. 250w in a 2x4, its my veg light and I wouldnt trade it for any other light given my history with it.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Are you running a dehui or cool mist right under it or something? They could be right if it happened to two different lights. I mean all it would take is some high humidity and im sure most lights would start having issues.
I have had the TSL2000 for 2 years no and its amazing. 250w in a 2x4, its my veg light and I wouldnt trade it for any other light given my history with it.
No dehumidifier or humidifier, highest my tents ever go is 62-65%, it was the stick connectors that melted and caught fire on both the tsw and tsl 2000. The tsl wasnt under warranty cause i got it through led grow lights depot, but the tsw was brand new and they wouldnt even warranty it. I liked the lights, just didnt like the fire hazard of them.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

No dehumidifier or humidifier, highest my tents ever go is 62-65%, it was the stick connectors that melted and caught fire on both the tsw and tsl 2000. The tsl wasnt under warranty cause i got it through led grow lights depot, but the tsw was brand new and they wouldnt even warranty it. I liked the lights, just didnt like the fire hazard of them.
So there was a thread here about connectors on the SE7000, I also had them issues. Now ya got me worried its a fire hazard too. These clips were actually noticabally bad, but idk. I havnt had issues with either but that cannot negate your experience. 65 is average so that shouldnt be causing an issue. It should be able to handle your heat, if your plants can. . no idea, but yea ive heard of issues with all these china companies Customer service. If I had started with that experience, I wouldnt be touching the Mars lights. Its just wild it happened to you twice.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

So there was a thread here about connectors on the SE7000, I also had them issues. Now ya got me worried its a fire hazard too. These clips were actually noticabally bad, but idk. I havnt had issues with either but that cannot negate your experience. 65 is average so that shouldnt be causing an issue. It should be able to handle your heat, if your plants can. . no idea, but yea ive heard of issues with all these china companies Customer service. If I had started with that experience, I wouldnt be touching the Mars lights. Its just wild it happened to you twice.
Yeah it was wild for sure, my father in law has 2 tsl 2000s, and an fce4800 and hes never had an issue with any of them, the tsl2000s are 2 years old, he never puts them above 50% though as they are veg lights in a 4x4.

I wish hlg would drop some bar lights. Id put myself in debt for one lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom