Mass Cloning Help Needed

• Thread starter cali-grown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Islander

Is there a reliable source in So California for clones. We are a documented grower for the Med industry / collectives and would love to obtain clones of a high quality strain. For the proper donation. I would be interested in about 60 in maybe a week.

X

Xceptional

i know of one elsewhere that trumps this. the only reason is so many seasoned vet's jumped in with loads of knowledge! there are mos def some jewels in here my #2 thread on cloning for sure!

i started a thread elsewhere about peoples fav way to clone and i have done lots of experiments over the last six months

straight pearlite
soil
soiless
rockwool
oasis cubes
aero cloner
rapid rooters
pete pucks

i have to say my #1 and #2 is rapid rooters and aero. aero i feel like i gotta keep a close eye on the ph and making sure no clogs but rapid rooters seem to be the easiest to keep from being drenched but just the right amount of moisture to keep the cut healthy and still having the urge to hunt for water by producing roots. rockwool and oasis hold to much water for my liking BUT i can clone successfully in them and did during my experiment. pearlite needs a second chance i will do that one again for sure because i put some bum unsexed genetics in it in a rush and really neglected them so i can not say it's full potential but lots of old skoolers do it.

C

cheyenne

Cali grown

I find rockwool to be a true Pain ! It is not really possible to go into soil from rockwool. Give the rooters a try

nc

Really? Damn....Ive been putting 2"RW cubes into soil in dixie cups and let them root straight to the bottom for years w/ a 90+% success rate. I soak my clones in olivias or whatever i have handy for 20 min or so, put em in the RW thats sitting on top of, and surrounded by soil, and they root just fine. maybe a little slow for you aero rooters but it works and its cheep. I soak my RW in ph'ed ro water with the 3/4 cup to gal h20 thats listed on olivias bottle and then spray the rw/soil once or twice a day, keep the humidity up but i only mist them once when the go under the tent and never again. make them root for water....dont just give it too them, make em work for it.
YMMV.

T

TwoCreeks

Long time grower, new at cloning.
The first clone I ever took was in the mid '80s in late July when a katydid chewed through the stalk about a foot down from the top of a 6 foot plant outdoors. I finished the cut with my Buck knife, stuck the top in the soil in the hole next to an emitter and two weeks later it had doubled in size. I tied the two apart and had two in that hole.

Last year just to see if I could I took 6 cuts from a big backyard trainwreck plant, dipped them in CutnGrow, then into rockwool cubes soaked in tap water, then into a bluish/clear dime store plastic storage bin with a top, then set the bin in the shade between two large plants. A week later they had roots so I dropped them into gallon pots, after they had doubled in size I put them in soil on Sept. 1st. when I took out my earliest strain. By mid- October they were mainly one cola a little over foot long with a few side buds, about an oz. each.

This year my wife has taken over. She is cleaning up the lower branches of several strains in an indoor mmj grow, cutting with scissors, dipping in CutnGrow, into rockwool cubes soaked in tapwater, and into several of those dime store bins. The bins are set in the corners in indirect flourescent light in a room that stays at 78 degrees. She takes the tops off for a few minutes each day but doesn't add water or spray. She is getting roots in as little as four days. She is planting into 4" pots of soil mix, and virtually all of her cuts are rooting and thriving. From reading, I always imagined cloning as difficult. I am not finding that to be the case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom