MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jsän

looking good MR C.. i think i see a place for my tent :) (what is that at, like 3500ft?)

how would you rate those pop-up greenhouses?

as compared to say a DIY with PVC and 3mil clear painters tarp?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s more like 4000 ft elevation. Got room for a few tents here if you work for free! I like the pop up greenhouse but could use an other one or two. I wouldn`t use 3 mil or painter`s tarp but get greenhouse plastic instead. makes a world of difference. Look under outdoor/greenhouses for a cheep home made greenhouse link I found and put up. About $600 total costs but I`d build up the sides to make a loop style with high sides for more room.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
State of the union;

I sent in my property taxes as billed for last years late taxes.I knew when I bought the property it was behind a year. They rejected the payment and sent me a bill for property taxes that go back to 2006 with late fees included! Ouch! I still need to widen the trail on the road as it is only cleared from brush and trees growing through it about a mile or 1/3 the way in. The stream cuts right through the road as you first go on the property and will need a bridge built over it. I will still need to clear the road in to and build a pad and road to the top part of the property as well as a smaller pad for a water tank. I will need to put in a deversion on the creek into the water tank and plum it to the lower landing,then the septic tank.Then I should put a parking cover for the RV and green houses. I will just have to grow outdoor until then. This project is going to be bigger than I thought. I`m trying to work Spring -Fall and have it pay for it`s self as I go. Thinking I could use some younger farmers who are good workers next year who have RV`s or tents to help out with the work in trade for a grow place in the mountians.

A

AliasAO

State of the union;

I sent in my property taxes as billed for last years late taxes.I knew when I bought the property it was behind a year. They rejected the payment and sent me a bill for property taxes that go back to 2006 with late fees included! Ouch! I still need to widen the trail on the road as it is only cleared from brush and trees growing through it about a mile or 1/3 the way in. The stream cuts right through the road as you first go on the property and will need a bridge built over it. I will still need to clear the road in to and build a pad and road to the top part of the property as well as a smaller pad for a water tank. I will need to put in a deversion on the creek into the water tank and plum it to the lower landing,then the septic tank.Then I should put a parking cover for the RV and green houses. I will just have to grow outdoor until then. This project is going to be bigger than I thought. I`m trying to work Spring -Fall and have it pay for it`s self as I go. Thinking I could use some younger farmers who are good workers next year who have RV`s or tents to help out with the work in trade for a grow place in the mountians.

As Im sure ive said before Mark-- Id intern or work for free just for a chance to get that golden knowledge you possess..

I couldnt get away for an entire grow season but depending on where you live I could take some trips to help you out if need be..

Where abouts are you located? Im located in the Bay Area-- Near SF.

Sorry to hear about the rough property taxes

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m in Butt County about 3+ hours north of you. Your welcome to visit but you really need to go through a full grow To learn much. Each grow is a learning lesson. I`m more looking for people who want to use my space to grow for working on the property. I`ll have my hands full with my own grow so won`t be able to help them with there plants to much. There would be a total limit of 99 plants but there are other near by areas to grow off the property(just not on US Goverment land please!).

Reactions: sox
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Thats bad ass of you bro I wish i already moved out there i would love to come help you out and learn what you had to teach I got my indoor on lock just haven't ben able to do a out door grow yet witch i really would love to do when you get a min check out my thread I would love to get a plant the size i do indoors and then put it out door to see how big it would get. I dnt even know if that would work but it would be sweet if it did.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Some sativas can get 12+ foot tall in one year but at 4000 ft you should plan on 5-6 foot indica plants because of possible early frost and rain that causes moldy buds. When the greenhouses are up that could change though. Still even a five foot indica grown right could be a treasure of frosty buds. I got about 100 lbs last year with MTF,Gods Gift,GDP and a few other strains and only had 22 plants!

phenotyper

phenotyper

Wow, sorry I missed this but amazing work here! Subscribed for future updates.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m getting so burned on the guy who sold me this property! I`ve got the road cleared maybe 1/3 the way in and it`s a bitch,then I found out I owe all his back property taxes for 5 years plus penalties! I made a deal to pay payments but I also must keep up with the current taxes coming due each year and I pay intrest on what is still owed out of each payment.I need to make searous $ in order to get the place all fixed up and pay these taxes also. The work will never end and I`m getting really worn out already. If I could just remove my head from my body each night so I could get a good nights sleep it would help.MJ helps but I just feel like staying up all night if I partake to late at night. Well the first batch of seeds died because of the cool nights so started a new batch tonight. I put a barrol of water with a heating pad under it in the new little pop up greenhouse to keep it warm at night. I need to fix up some floro`s and a shelf next. I got a hose with water flow from a 250 gal tank and a power line going to it now.

My plants are looking good but smaller than I`d like. They are all in flower now so I changed up the nute mix for flowering.If they pack on some heavy sticky buds I should do ok . Next year will be better. I`ll take some more pics of the plants when they have more flowers on them.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>Thats a good idea GOD<<
Might be something to think about there mark<<

gtd:passingjoint:

Dunge

Dunge

I would consider going after the seller for those back taxes.
If he failed to inform you of the debt, then he should still be on the hook.

It may be my poor reading, but why are you starting seeds this late in the season?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Seed plants are going down the hill with me to work on this winter.

Can`t go after the former owner as the lean is on the property in the case of taxes. We had no contract,just paid him up front and got a quick deed. Also he is a biker with colours, knows my brother in 81 and it would cause a war. All in all it was still a good deal just not without some hard work and unexpected expences. I didn`t use cash to buy the property so it saved me a lot of selling of last years crop.

Serious money is in the 6 figure range.

Yes I could do one or two good grows and be back on top of things.But like always keep looking for my ship to come in. I need to get access to the docks first though and then I can get to my ship. I even have tickets reserved for a great cruze line, think the ship`s name is the Titanic ! Hope that turns out to be a joke !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hey when I was a kid I was told to expect a space stations on the moon and on mars with rocket ships going back and forth all the time.Under sea cities,and flying jet packs and cars. What happended?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Woundn`t dought that Uncle has much of this and is keeping it a secret.Don`t beleave we are in debit that much with out some kind of toys being bought.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam I think mice ate all the tops off my seedlings in the pop up green house! I`m going to get some mouse traps and see if they can get in or not. Didn`t get much sleep last night as a bunch of people were up all night drunk and lowd on the next hill over to me. They left a bunch of trash over there also! Lot more traffic this weekend on the dirt road with ATV`s, moto cross bikes and a few 4x4`s out making dust in the forest. I can`t stop them from using the dirt road until they take the spir that goes to my property Then they are in trouble! Dam as I was writing this three moto cross bikes just flew by making a bunch of dust. I yeld at the last one and then after he didn`t slow down I shot my 38 into the ground .I`m sure he herd that! What can I do to make them slow down around my camp?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if your road is private put a chain across it with no trespassing signs posted

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The road down to the property is not public but the dirt road going by where my camp is next to doesn`t belong to me and is used by the public. It`s part of my easement is all. My title allows me to make just about any improvements I need but I can`t gate it off. There are a few other people up and down the road that also own property and it`s also the easement on there deeds as well.I have the road down to the property gated off.

Maybe a speed limit sign ? Don`t think bumps would slow em down much. Besides I`d have to drive over them my self all the time. Maybe put in a pit full of gravel ? Zig- zag the road? Something ?

Top Bottom