MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I did a trade with Bodhi and Mota with the understanding they could use my ToK in crosses and breeding programs only. I still have ToK. Yep hope to have a better start early next Spring on the property and also start some breeding projects. When I get into the swing of things with breeding I plan on listing some stuff in auctions here at the Farm.Right now I just need to get the place in shape so I can begin some real growing and breeding.It coming along very slowly.I may have some help for next year but that`s an other story.I don`t like to count my chickens before they hatch.

joeca1i

joeca1i

Golds over 1600 a oz. might wanna check that creek out more closely..Have you kept info on how much direct sun, that areas getting,temps,humidity?Any pest problems?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Gets lots of direct sun,maybe 10 hours.Temps have mostly been in the 90`s and it`s been dry all but one small little rain.I`ve had a few grasshoppers but not much else. Flowers are starting to slow on the more indica strains but still putting on the bud to the more sativa strains.Nice and icy and good smells on them but trechomes are still very clear. I think the quality will be good just not enough quanity as they were planted late and are small plants mostly.I don`t think I`ll get over 10 lbs but the nugs are tight so I may be wrong about that.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Friend took some rocks in and they had gold in them.The guy has a small mining equipment shop and was excited about the gold in the rock.

It`s looking like a winter storm headed out way in about an hour. Three days of rain,snow down to 6000 ft. My plants are nowhere near done so I tented all of them with plastic to keep the rain and morning dew off them. Will have to uncover them after the storm.I didn`t think staking and tieing them up was enough for this size of storm.Wish I had some more power cord and some box fans for after I uncover them. Maqybe the wind and sun will do the trick though? Depends now on the humidity of the air as to whether I get any rot or not. I did spray them down with neem oil pretty good so that should retard mold spor some.Really need to put up a greenhose or two,or three. Enough for 60 big bushes at least.

I`m hoping this operation will pay for it`s self and each year things will get a little better in the way of progress.

joeca1i

joeca1i

hope friend does'nt have loose lips.And hope he don't get gold fever.GH would be good for a spring crop too...Would'nt recommend neem'n um,this late in flower..

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s weeks yet until I harvast. Neem breaks down and Will not hurt the flowers. It does help keep mold spor down. I use a very light dose of neem oil and water about this time in flower every year.I always let my flowers go as long as possibe but this year they seem to be taking extra long to mature.I think it must be because I`m growing at 4000 ft. Many people are picking there flowers early in the valley because of the rain.They won`t have the quality but then they won`t have as much loss as well.I would have had maybe 40% more last year but I let the flowers get ripe and lost a lot to the rains.

Blaze

Blaze

Looking good Mark. Just be careful you don't get too much humidity build up in those tents! They can be a real double edged sword if you are not careful.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
They come down 24 hours after the rain,at least during the day.I might put them back up at night until mid morning to protect against morning dew.

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

I am going to be starting a very similar adventure to this very soon. Your great documentation and perseverance have motivated me. Which is definitely need right about now. Good Luck with all.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m surprized at the amount of hits this has got! It`s my dream to make a place that is enviromentaly safe and responcible ,provides for as much of my needs and for my family(kids,grand kids) as possible and is a mellow/peaceful retreat for friends. As you can see it has a long ways to go before that! But I want to thank Logic and all of the THC Farmers who make this and other threads possible for showing! There just aren`t many places on the WWW to do this!

M

maestro

Well when can I come for the weinie roast? If you got a couple helmets in wheelchairs I'll even share some of my kill.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
When the place is all done thinking of having a big BBQ and acoustic band over a weekend. Not to fond of weinies myself,maybe a side of beef ? Don`t expect to be done anytime soon however.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Holy shit! When it rains,it pours! Buckets!!! Had to get up and start the Generator as the RV batteries went dead because of the heater fan sucking up the juice. Now they are saying Snow down to 5000ft with winds up to 60mph by tonight! Praying for my poor plants ...and myself! I`m on top of a ridge but stilll.....Do RV`s float?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well there`s a break in the storm this morning and I`m alive still need to do some chores and check my plants out. I thought I heard a plane go down last night or something...Maybe a tree near by me?

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Hope all is well on that Ridge! Good luck, MC! Shit has been strain. My girls took a beating. I gotta check them again today. I still want some of them Banana OG seeds u got still. Ps. I hope that RV can float. Lol.

P

primeform

this is sounding more like the tv show Survivor than your average outdoor grow!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep, Seems alot alike! The rain has broke for now but I don`t intend to untent my plants until the morning. Mixed up some corn syurp,molassas,and Gravity for the watering.I checked the plant earlyer and they are doing ok. Some are getting a little dry but Like I said I`ll hold off until tomarrow morning when they can be uncovered.

At this point most of the plants have two or more weeks to go. I`ll start pulling them as soon after that as possible. I`m looking forward to finding an RV park to winter out in. Hey no more generator and maybe even cable TV! Going to get an early start next year and do some breeding right off as well.Hope to have more money and maybe some help next year so it should be a better year. I will know what to expect better anyway.

P

primeform

first year is always a rough one. you just have to roll with the punches and make improvements when time and money permits!

Top Bottom