MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
That`s with it trimmed also though, LOL! Almost ready to head out. Cut one of my dam fingers again!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Something happened to my computer. It is different. I checked it out and it said I am using windows 11.1 ? How did that happen ? Didn`t down load it, Didn`t even know they had a windows 11.1 ! I hate any changes !!! Always more to use up space on my computer ! I understand that windows 10 came out but was opting not to download it because it doesn`t have media player. Haven`t had time to check but angry if I lose that program ! How can they justify changing my programs without consent ? Dam it Bill Gates ! He must be trying to get back at me because when I was walking my sisters dog it stopped and took a dump on his lawn a while back! Not my fault! Not my dog! Not even my town!!! (Piedmont/ Oakland hills). OK I`m going to leave a nasty note on his jeep next time I`m in the Bay Area!!!

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Something happened to my computer. It is different. I checked it out and it said I am using windows 11.1 ? How did that happen ? Didn`t down load it, Didn`t even know they had a windows 11.1 ! I hate any changes !!!
I think that's about DirectX 11.1--
3d stuff or somethin'...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
All I know is my computer is all different than the 8.1 windows I had ad when I checked it said running windows 11.1

Trip for fuel didn`t happen , battery in the Blazer was dead. I tried jumping it but it would not start and ran it down again. It`s on the charger but not sure if it is gong to work. I can always switch the one from the truck I guess. Anyways the Blazer has been missing a little and is hard to start when it`s cold. Tomorrow

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Shisk woke up and it`s snowing. I didn`t get a chance to get mgas for the generator and it`s going to be needing it more than ever now! Hope it stops before it gets to deep. May get lucky and it will melt this afternoon? I could take the ruck it`s 4x4 and I do have chains, but the snow still needs to stop because I can`t leave with the generator and heaters running.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s warmed up enough I can shut the generator and heaters down for now. Only got an inch or so of snow and it is slowly melting. It may yet rain. I think this storm will run it`s course by 4 am so I am going to ride it out with what gas I have. I should have the tops off the second greenhouse today and be able to start the last one. To conserve fuel for the generator I won`t start drying until it is full. May run the fan off and on when I`m recharging batteries with the generator. once it`s full I will be running the dry room 24/7 trying to get it all dry. I`ll take a break then.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got more trimmed today, second greenhouse has been topped. Just got back from town and fetched some gas asn oil so I`m stocked up on everything but propane now. Should have enough but if I do run out I can get a tank to see me through.
Merry Christmas to everyone !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It is partly cloudy and cold outside. There was a very light dusting of snow last night but mostly the melting snow refroze and became crisp to walk on. Just fueled up the generator and heaters as it won`t warm up enough for a few more hours today. Having a cup of coffee and thinking about chores. I`ll get back on pulling buds from the last greenhouse today. I most likely will receive and make a few X-mas calls today to and from family and friends but mostly it`s an other day of work until harvest is done. Because it`s not going to rain/snow? I`ll BBQ something this afternoon maybe. I may take a little time off this afternoon and take a nap or watch a movie? Rolling one and thinking about when the kids were young how I always got woke up very early after being up late putting stuff under the tree. Then cleaning up the mess and playing with the kids`s toys with them. Oh to have thoughts moments back again! For those of you still at that point enjoy it while you can as they grow up so fast! Have a wonderful Christmas and stay safe !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Harvest goes on. Working on the last greenhouse now and taking tops. The heat goes off on the other two greenhouses tonight, don`t have the fuel to keep them warm any longer. It`s a waste ,maybe 10-12 units worth going to freeze. I won`t have room in my dry room after the tops are pulled in the last greenhouse and I just don`t have the fuel to keep them warm until I can get back to them. It would take a couple hundred gallons of fuel or more. It`s just taking me way to long to do all this myself. I will cut back next season. No use putting all that work into a garden you can`t bring fully to harvest. I had to scratch to get enough water so thinking if the water supply is better next year and I have more soil/room for plants I`m likely to get a larger yield per plant anyway. Sometimes less is more!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Mark, I got a two and a half year old. I know what you mean about staying up late, and waking up early for x-mas. It was awesome, I will never forget the joy on my daughters face. She got many toys, but the one she is the cutest with is a Minion watch Santa brought. She keeps saying things like, "What time is it?" then checks her watch and says, "it's time for more presents." LOL. She is great, I love Christmas.

Merry Christmas Mark, and have a great new year as well.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well stayed up late last night trimming and was sore this morning. I got at it a little late but had some help for a few hours. It started getting dark around 4 pm but not that cold enough to need to start the heater so I took a little nap. Well just woke and turned the generator/heater on. I`ll trim some more tonight while I need the heater and generator on anyway. Most of the morning I just worked by sunlight. Trying to conserve fuel while getting this project done.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
About half done with the last greenhouse, unlike the first two greenhouses I`m taking everything. Even though I`ve had the heat off in the top two greenhouses I may yet be able to glean some from them. The plants have got cold as hell but have not started to die yet for some reason. The buds in the top greenhouse that were to fluffy to pick have hardened up and if they can hang on a little longer will be ready to glean over. Crossing my fingers! I`m running very low on fuel so have been trimming in the daytime without the lights on and after it starts to get cold at night and the generator and heater is running. Stayed up until 4 am last night and started back at it at 9am for a while. Had to take a brake and get some other stuff done this afternoon. Almost time to start the generator and heater going and will work for a few hours tonight while I`ve got the lights on. Hope to be done with the last greenhouse by the end of the month or so and maybe start some gleaning if anything is still left. My back hurts , my feet and hands hurt and even my butt hurts! Oh and lets not forget my eyes and head ach! Stress !!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Almost ran out of fuel for the generator. Tonight is the last of it. However a friend that has owed me $200 for ever just texted me that he has the money for me now ! I have about 10 more plants to go but not enough room in the dry room for that much. I`ll squeeze it in somewhere!!! OK more snow tonight I guess. wish it would start having the snow levels higher. this stuff just gets in my way and slows me down. These storms keep me hurting all over, even before they get here for some reason. Joints just ach a lot. My Grandparents used to say the same thing! They need to come up with a youth pill or get better at brain transplants or something! Even that may not be good enough, I set an other coffee cup down somewhere and for the life of me I can`t find any of them! Going to have to start buying them by the dozen I guess.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got back with 7 cans of gas and some supplies. Filled my freezer up with some salmon that was being given away also. Should have what I need to get me by until payday. Lots coming up in January`s bills. Maybe I can get my son to pay his phone bill up and some of the cost of his phone.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got up very early and did some of my daily chore then went to bed and woke up late. The geb=nerator was still running somehow. Should have ran out of gas and that would have woke me up. Anyway finished my chores and did some trimming. I`m waiting until it gets colder to start the generator and will contenue trimming when I have light to work by. I`ll be up the rest of the year working !!! LOL!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well that was a perfectly good waste of a day! Got my pay early and loaded up the propane bottles and went to town. It`s a holiday ad not much open, couldn`t eve pay any bills. I did some shopping and got that out of the way but need to make two trips to town still just for propane on one trip and gas on the other. I`ll pay a few bills and do laundry o the next two trips. Think I`ll trim some tonight as the generator just went on for the night. It`ds already a cold one and clear.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Rant time! Checking on fuel prices I see all of the prices up way fast again as crude went up a little. When crude was on it`s way down a while back prices edged down slowly. On top of this the oil companies are using consumers pockets to pay for equipment re- fits at the third largest refinery production plant. You never see an oil company pay for anything they can get the consumer to pay for and all the while profits sore regardless of crude prices. What is reported the most about oil companies is there constant whining while taking consumers to the bank. These people are America`s second biggest gougers after big banks. We so badly need reform from government , right after we reform government first to keep cooperation's from owning Congress that is ! It`s high time we demand our political parties do something ! Neither do anything but support the rape of our countrymen's wealth, one from the bottom up, the other from the top down! I fully support Zero for president! I don`t see anyone in the running worth voting for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom