MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Spent yesterday last night watching two of my grandsons for my daughter. She went on vacation and a sitter didn`t show up. Been awhile sense I`ve taken care of little ones! heading home this afternoon to do the chores and much needed chill out time. Grandpa to the rescue ! I think my legs are going to fall off ! Where do they get so much energy ?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam broke my glasses ! I have an eye appointment at the end of the month. Until then using cheep drug store reading glasses ! I can still see to drive well enough as glasses were not required when I passed my eye exam at DMV, just can`t read the dam speed meter ! Does this mean I don`t have to follow any speed limits ? Hey If I passed the eye exam at DMV and can`t read the speed meter I have a good defiance against any speeding tickets don`t I ?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well a guy can try! Lets hope it doesn't come up though. Having a hard time reading anything up close. I can with the cheep drugstore glasses but gives me eye strain. I'm sending out bud for trimming for now. I worked a deal for the extra cost of $100 a unit from my buyer to cover the extra expense anyway. He' s wanting at least 20 units for down South ASAP. I'm going to be working on what I can and getting the suv fixed and ready for the trip. Tranny is slipping and the engine has a bad miss. Just past smog and it's registered and insured now.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh with the first disbursement of my share of the family trust days away ,( Check clearing the bank), I will join the ranks of the top 1% . Guess I'll have to lay off ragging on them for awhile or until I have the funds spent down on my property and bills anyway.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It's not that I'll have large resources on going. The top 1% only takes an income of above $120,000.00 in any given year. I should exceed that limit ,at least this year. Then I'll be back in the 99% club, lol! At that point I can rag on.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Going to take the truck to the dump and hull out a load of winter trash then stop by a grow store and get ferts and amendments. If I get time I`ll make a second trip and pick up some fuel and supplies. Looking into a couple loads of manure, rabbit and maybe some chicken manure. Got surveyors scheduled to show in a few days. Appointments for eye dr. and to have work done on the blazer as well. I need to weed the whole place as what is green today will become dried grass tomorrow. also soon as the rainy season is over I need to finish up the office trailer roof, stain the sides and build a cover for the back side to cover the diesel generator and fuel barrels. Also need to clean out the travel trailer that`s being used mostly for storage. thinking the Lister generator only puts out 7.5 kw so looking into a larger one. I will need to sell the Lister and the light tower generators and maybe a few other things as I just don`t have room for equipment I`m not going to be using. I might run through the shed that has all of my indoor grow equipment and get rid of some of that stuff as well. I need to do the same with the storage shed in town that holds everything I had in my house in town when I lost it. I`ve had it all in storage for years now and it`s cost me $20,000.00 + I ether need to sell it all or down size. Time to re-organize ! Not sure how long I`ll be here , depends on how long it takes me to get the property ready to move onto. Better to start getting rid of unwanted stuff now than wait until the last moment and be in the middle of moving!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Stopped off to check on a friend who's been sick on the way to the dump today. The dump closed by 4pm so missed it. Now home with the trash in the truck being rained on. Who ever heard og a landfill closing so early !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got to the dump setup an a few appointments to have work done on both the Blazer and the truck and picked up some grow amendments and supplies. Just need to get propane and gas to be well supplied now. I got an email my sister is sending me an other 80 to$ 100,000.00 soon. Dam I haven`t even been able to spend $2,000 of the money already sent to me! I`m also maybe getting an old Dodge truck my did restored. Seems like I should be happy with all the loot, but my parents worked their asses off for this money and all I feel is guilty I couldn`t have been more helpful when they were still around. I feel awful and somewhat depressed. I just miss them !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Staying up is one of my problems. Can`t sleep at night when there are no distractions. I then can`t stay awake in the mornings. I`m getting so slow at getting things done. I keep telling myself I need to put it into gear, but... It also doesn`t help that it makes me feel sick when I can`t accomplish anything or it maybe from the cool morning air, not sure. When it rains or gets cloudy it makes my bones ach that much more. I got a new alarm clock as the old one didn`t work. Trying to put myself into a schedule. I`m also making a work list. Even when I don`t get much done it helps to see something crossed off the list. I just wonder what any of it means when your number is up. Does anyone even care? Does anyone even remember what you did with your life`s efforts? It doesn`t help that being way up in the forest, not a very social atmosphere. OK that`s also one of the things I like about being in the mountains at the same time. Don`t get me wrong I love trips to the city with everything going on all the time, but it gets old fast and I also need to retreat back to the mountains. That`s why I left the Bay Area back in the early 70`s . Just need to return every once in a while to remind myself I guess. It may be one of those times. I should go visit my sister as she also has some things of my Dads she wants to give me. I understand she is also going through some of the same feelings. It`s been hard on her and she wonders if in selling off stuff from the estate , if she`s doing a good job. She text me that she feels guilty like she isn`t getting enough for some of the stuff that our parents worked so hard for all of there lives. I told het I don`t think what they had is the sum of what they accomplished. I also am happy I`m not burdened with being the executer of the estate. She`s doing a much better job than I would have been able to do.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh my kids reminded me I`m now a family elder. all of my older family members are gone now except my sister and brother who are older than me , I was the youngest of the kids. My older brother is recuperating from a hart by-pass surgery. My sister is also diabetic , but without all the nerve damage as she was diagnosed early on before that happened. It left me lame in one leg. I play the part well hopping around with a cane most of the time. My grandson said I`m the `old Grandpa` now, then kicked the cane out from under me! When I asked why he would do that to me he said so I`d be down where he is so I could see how much he is hurting over my parents passing. Then he burst into tears. It`s hard on kids the most, we forget that , but none of us are all alone in this. My parents were good people. When we had services for my Dad we couldn`t find a place big enough for all who showed up. Wasn`t enough room for all the cars even. This has been nothing short of a nightmare I`ve had a number of times growing up. As old as I am it seems like I should have been more prepared for this day. It`s not any easier though.

colostoney

colostoney

Me....among Colo's trashiest stoners, stand before ya with humble advice as an old friend..

Your folks would want nothing more than you to be happy as possible. That's the goal of any good parent.
Spend the money pursuing dreams and enriching your time here

And take this from me. Watch depression and anxiety even more so with you diabetes. It is much worse,harder
to shake things off and quickly snow balls against your health. It has almost made me go crazy.
Its harder to rationalize through the extra panic and constant exhaustion of diabetes, especially at hard times.

Easier said than done though brother. Lots a good weed, good food, and good times n a good dog may help. Hell with all the extra funding maybe even find ya a new gal to quicken that pulse. he he he

peace

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m going to do some weeding today. It looks nice with all the new green grass around , but it`s going to be hot this summer and all turn brown. Don`t want it to be a fire danger. Going to collect it all and put it in the much pile. It helps keep the hoppers down that will eat on my garden if given the chance. I will be turning over the soil in the garden and adding amendments soon as well. I wasn`t sure if I`d even grow this year but I love watching the plants thrive. I don`t get to excited though until they go into flower. That`s when it gets exciting ! In regular jobs you don`t always get an idea how well your work turns out, but with farming the plants always let you know how well you did. Some of it is becoming a challenge like turning the soil , etc. But being able to see the plants respond to your care is a big pick-me -up. Growing can be more addictive than any drug. Even if it`s a veggie garden ! Nothing like seeing a nice well kept garden every morning when you wake up !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Me....among Colo's trashiest stoners, stand before ya with humble advice as an old friend..

Your folks would want nothing more than you to be happy as possible. That's the goal of any good parent.

And take this from me. Watch depression and anxiety even more so with you diabetes. It is much worse,harder
to shake things off and quickly snow balls against your health. It has almost made me go crazy.
Its harder to rationalize through the extra panic and constant exhaustion of diabetes, especially at hard times.

Easier said than done though brother. Lots a good weed, good food, and good times n a good dog may help. Hell with all the extra funding maybe even find ya a new gal to quicken that pulse. he he he

peace

Not sure about the dog. He growled at me when I tried to pick up some of the spilled dog food when feeding him! Like I was going to eat his food!!! If he doesn`t stop that kind of s@$t I maybe having Korean BBQ one of these days! LOL! He tries to be dominant so much being a pit-bull, but he`s really just a little baby at hart.

stonestacker

stonestacker

peace
Some damn good advice Stony. What helps me the most with my depression is to get off my ass and do something even just walk the dog any thing. And to try to get a rooting.

Not sure about the dog. He growled at me when I tried to pick up some of the spilled dog food when feeding him! Like I was going to eat his food!!! If he doesn`t stop that kind of s@$t I maybe having Korean BBQ one of these days! LOL! He tries to be dominant so much being a pit-bull, but he`s really just a little baby at hart.
Our last dog use to growl at my wife. Until she started picking the dog up and slamming her to the ground. Showing the dog who the boss was. That dog ended up being hers lol. I don't know if you can slam the dog but somehow you have to show dominance without getting eaten lol. Just remember if he bites don't pull back. Grab the scruff of his neck and shove in.
Peace and Good vibes.
You will get through this. :smoking:

Top Bottom