• Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Received 2783184128619855

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

I am truly sorry for your pain and suffering. I hope that what comes afterwards is more rewarding & bountiful than what you had.! It has been my life that kicks in the balls, hurt like hell, then piss me off, then make me more focused on the task at hand. Right now this looks like a lot of pain. 😢

Here is to your recovery 🍻 🥂

If there is anything we here at the Farm can do to help; Please let us know! Personally; I will do whatever i can to help. Peace Out!

"There, except for the grace of God go I. "

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I'm a bit lost right now. Red Cross has helped me with a hotel room , Salvation Army is helping with hot meals and there are some donations coming in as well. Family and friends have started a go fund me account and I am looking into help with FEMA. I will rebuild my life but I am so down sometimes. I still own my land but it will need cleaned up . I will need a new pickup truck and a travel trailer to live in too. Winter is on the way. I also have medical problems to battle on top of all of this . I don't even have any smoke but a small amount a friend in the same place as me shared with me.
I

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I'm a bit lost right now. Red Cross has helped me with a hotel room , Salvation Army is helping with hot meals and there are some donations coming in as well. Family and friends have started a go fund me account and I am looking into help with FEMA. I will rebuild my life but I am so down sometimes. I still own my land but it will need cleaned up . I will need a new pickup truck and a travel trailer to live in too. Winter is on the way. I also have medical problems to battle on top of all of this . I don't even have any smoke but a small amount a friend in the same place as me shared with me.
I
Post the link brotha. Good vibes your way.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I

Ive been watching this from the get go when you got the land man. Crazy to see the evolution over the years. Always was an inspiration for me. If anyone can bounce back Im sure you can. I know the future looks grim and I can't even imagine the roller coaster of emotions you are on at the moment. Not even going to act like I understand. I got faith in you brother. You got out is what matters.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Still in a motel , got my Fema grant and bought an old motorhome . It's getting fixed up in the shop. Waiting for my site to get cleaned up so I can move back . Lots of trees down all over to cut up as they are all dead. Rented my 10 acres again and moving on to the property near the road. I'm thinking of putting in some smart pots on the lower end of the property by the road next spring. We'll see everything is up in the air. I maybe in the motel all winter? Hard losing everything . But I maybe starting a new thread, " Out of the Ashes "

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Still in a motel , got my Fema grant and bought an old motorhome . It's getting fixed up in the shop. Waiting for my site to get cleaned up so I can move back . Lots of trees down all over to cut up as they are all dead. Rented my 10 acres again and moving on to the property near the road. I'm thinking of putting in some smart pots on the lower end of the property by the road next spring. We'll see everything is up in the air. I maybe in the motel all winter? Hard losing everything . But I maybe starting a new thread, " Out of the Ashes "
All my respect for your resilience.

I hope you're finding outlets for all your energy. Being cooped up in a motel during all this sounds like it might make a man go a little stir-crazy!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well I'm back up the hill. Got an other moterhome and waiting on my place being cleaned up . Rented my 10 acres again this year despite the fire. There are so many dead trees standing and they will all be falling over the next few years. I'm going to be cutting them down where I plan on using the property so they won't be a danger. Road to my water has 11 big ass oaks fell on it. More will keep coming down . Only good thing about the fire is all the brush burned away. So much work. I plan on putting out some 300 gallon smart pots this year. My greenhouse is gone. With luck I'll build a better one in time or may buy a store bought one ? Like to be able to grow year round with less plants at a time but more per year. Have to say the fire wss devastatimg , I lost everything .I got some help from Fema to get my moterhome a chainsaw and a truck. Going to be cutting out all the burned wood for the rest of my life I think
I'd like to replant some of the forest when I can. So bleak up here now. So many people starting over. The fires took out a great chunk of the best growing spots in California ,Oregon and Washington . This is going to put a dent in suppy for some time. The Black market really got hit but it also took a large chunk of the legal market with it. I see local prices up more than a long time but like most people I have nothing to fill the void. Hell I bet California will be importing for a while from other places. I don't know if I'll be able to grow more than for myself or not this year. Money is very tight. It would take 15 k to get where I was or maybe more as prices of everything keeps going up. But I have land so I'll make it happen somehow. If not this year then the next.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well I'm back up the hill. Got an other moterhome and waiting on my place being cleaned up . Rented my 10 acres again this year despite the fire. There are so many dead trees standing and they will all be falling over the next few years. I'm going to be cutting them down where I plan on using the property so they won't be a danger. Road to my water has 11 big ass oaks fell on it. More will keep coming down . Only good thing about the fire is all the brush burned away. So much work. I plan on putting out some 300 gallon smart pots this year. My greenhouse is gone. With luck I'll build a better one in time or may buy a store bought one ? Like to be able to grow year round with less plants at a time but more per year. Have to say the fire wss devastatimg , I lost everything .I got some help from Fema to get my moterhome a chainsaw and a truck. Going to be cutting out all the burned wood for the rest of my life I think
I'd like to replant some of the forest when I can. So bleak up here now. So many people starting over. The fires took out a great chunk of the best growing spots in California ,Oregon and Washington . This is going to put a dent in suppy for some time. The Black market really got hit but it also took a large chunk of the legal market with it. I see local prices up more than a long time but like most people I have nothing to fill the void. Hell I bet California will be importing for a while from other places. I don't know if I'll be able to grow more than for myself or not this year. Money is very tight. It would take 15 k to get where I was or maybe more as prices of everything keeps going up. But I have land so I'll make it happen somehow. If not this year then the next.
Great to see an update. I hope you keep finding a way to put one foot in front of the other! Your clear-eyed attitude toward such an incredibly awful disaster is very inspiring from a distance, even if (I'm sure) it's difficult to maintain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom