MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Mal, Every 8 years? My property was last logged in 1963.

fractal Thanks, I hope I`ll be able to pull off a good grow next year.

convex

convex

Couple of ideas ...

1. Ask locally at store/Post Office or any other gathering place and see who the locals use to selectively log, anyone fair and decent should be well known in the community.

2. Save THIS journal to your hard drive and look into publishers ...
Your story has been engaging, sure it would do well on book store shelves ;)

Cheers

C

critical

You can see how much brush is growing over the road . It`s very slow going and lots of work to clear. It`s also going to be tuff to clear open spots in the trees and brush to plant. The road it`s self isn`t that bad of shape and there are fewer downed trees than the road in we were working on the first few weeks before being shown this way in. There seems to be a number of ways into the property,all over grown.The proprerty is almost the whole south side of the mountain including a spring/swamp,and small stream that runs into the creek below the property.Some of it isn`t all that steep but it is covered in pine,cedar,oak and madrone trees and lots of brush on the sunny side of the mountain.It`s loaded with wildlife! I`ve seen 20 deer on the property so far and bear and mountian lyon tracks. Near the spring were beavor signs on some smaller trees. Found a den of king snakes and a racoon and many rabbits so far. I haven`t seen any bear but while gone down the hill my crew had one in camp eat up some of the food and make a mess of things. This is going to be a super place to hunt and fish !

sooooooooooo wish i was you right now!!! livin my dream man, livin in the forest growin med n food there, animals to hunt for meat, lakes to fish!! i used to do alot of rabbit hunting with ferrets with my ex gf's dad n nufin like eating fresh meat that you hunted all day for, same with fishing, camp fires n bbq's every day, the freshest air and an unlimited size woods to walk your pal bruit, me n my dog would love to be u 2 man...lol can u tell im an outdoorsy sort of person? your in heaven bro n im gad u realise n appritiate the real qualitys of a perfect life like that, once your works out the way you will be laughin for sure man, take care n all the best to u, n if u see anymore pesky bears, just :character0110:

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Did have a Merry Christmas and I hope all of you Farmers did also! Went out to eat with my Kids & Grandkids and had a great time. I`m almost over my limit of data for the month so if I don`t answer any questions,PM`s, or Email I`ll get back to you all after the 5th of January. Until then have a great New Year !

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
good to hear it mark - pretty much the same xmas scene for me - love spending time with the kids and grand daughter

you getting on the net with wireless out there in the boonies or satellite?

happy new year bro - heres to a great 2012 to all of the farmers out there!

C

critical

I had a house in town but lost it to the banks because of a ripper.The kid turned out to be a friend of my kids who developed a nose candy problem.I had taken out an arm loan just before the realestate crash and was upside down on my loan.Fixed the house up nice between the loan and my back disability. So thought I`d just grow myself out of debit when the brat started ripping me to feed his habit. I ended up growing at a co-op and had an extra 100 lbs the next summer.Been living in a RV now for some time but did some barter for the 10 acres of forest land. It`s going to take me years to get to where I want again, but this time it will be done without loans from crooked banks! I ended up being ripped by a partner even out in the forest. It put me back a little is all cause I can always grow more, but he has burned a few bridges for himself and for maybe 10 lbs it doesn`t make any sense.This was no kid ether! All I can say is there are way to many people who have addictive problems around these days! I want nothing to do with anyone like that! I`m tired of getting burned because of other people`s problems! Anyway mars if you work hard you can own your own place,it can be done.I`ve done it a few times, but hope this will be the last time and I can have a place of my own for keeps. I`m just getting to old to have to keep starting over all the time.

just read up to this bit of the thread man, what a prick!!! i hate people like that!! its my own experience to these days that people always seem to take the piss out of ya kindness like its a weakness, and happely shoot themselfs in the foot and fuck someone over that has helped them out for peanuts when compaired to the fact they couldve had alot more in the long run if been real, and been loyal, most peeps problem these days is they just think about themselfs and the hear n the now when they really need to see the bigger picture like peeps like us, anyway sod him the rat and i hope a genuine good guy like u gets what you deserve n has many a bountyfull harvest outa your lovely forest ok mark, take care mate all the best

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
good to hear it mark - pretty much the same xmas scene for me - love spending time with the kids and grand daughter

you getting on the net with wireless out there in the boonies or satellite?

happy new year bro - heres to a great 2012 to all of the farmers out there!

I got reloaded with 5 more gigs of data for the month! My digital converter for the TV went out and I ended up doing way to much streamming and nearly ran over my limit.

I use wireless but once I`m established on my property I`d like to switch to satellite internet and Direct TV. I could end up over often(which becomes very expencive) If I ever get to the point of vending seeds again.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well met a local who had his propert logged and he gave me a name.Timber isn`t selling that well these days so may hold off for now.I called a guy who said he was intrested in traiding road work for fire wood but after dropping a message he never called me back. Looks like I`m going to have to work by hand for now doing what I can and save up some cash to have a doser clean up the rest of the road when i get to that point. both of my chain saws are leaking fuil so they will need worked on first thing. Dam I never have it easy ! Maybe I should send off a few packs of seeds to auction here at the Farm to get some needed cash for my project ? I know I have some Banana OG and maybe a few other strains I could offer right off.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Hey Mark! Hope things get smoothed out on clearing ur land and getting the road finished. MC, I really want some of that Banana OG in my garden. U should send them into the Farm. That would help u out and farmers could get there hands on ur beans! Best of luck with everything in 2012.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hey Mark! Hope things get smoothed out on clearing ur land and getting the road finished. MC, I really want some of that Banana OG in my garden. U should send them into the Farm. That would help u out and farmers could get there hands on ur beans! Best of luck with everything in 2012.

I`ve thought about it a few times.I really wanted to hold off until I could be set up well enough to really breed and produce seeds. But I do have some strains I could list in a limited amount now. I could also use the cash to put into the property. If you are lucky enough to win some of the Banana OG Kush you will love the smoke! One of my flavorites.:sun

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK here`s a list of strains.I was thinking of making fresh seed from them and some crosses to work on later.I also want to pick out a few to use as a cash crop. I`m thinking maybe 60 plants max on the cash crop so I`m looking for good genetics that have a fair yield.
I can never deside when it comes time to pick strains to grow. Need some in put.

Blue Devil
Nebula x LLOGK
Sierra Leon (Landrace)
Fugu Kush
Buddah
Time Warp
Deep Chunk
Surge Nite`s OG Bx1
Sweet #3 x LA Con
Super Hero x Saranac Red Bud
Tahoe OG
Twisted Purple OG
TP OG x Saranac Red Bud
AWW x G-Haze
91 Chem x ToK
Tok x Origanal AK-47
WiFi #1 x Bubba BX1
Origanal Sensi Star
Chem Dawg x LA con
Chem haze /Sour Diesal x LA con
God Bud
Blackberry
Danberry Blue(older Blueberry strain)
Himalaya Gold
NYSD x Origanal OG Kush
LUI x LA Con
White Fire OG Kush
Red Bud
MK Altra
Double Purple Dojo
Origanal Alien Dawg
White Rusky
Pre Soveit Kandahar
The White S1
Original Diesel
original SD
Tekilla
Black Afgan
Blueberry caugh
Dirty Hippy
AWW x Black Satilite
Gourd Buster
Kali Mist
Skywalker
Black Russian
Dead Head OG
Chem Valley Kush
LLOGK
Greenhouse-13
CRed
Choc Thai
Jamacan Sativa
Haze Bro Haze
NL#5
GHaze
Blue Moon Rocks
Cali O
Sputnik
Sweettooth #3 ,Dam I have to stop somewhere!
That`s enough for now,need to narrow em down.:confused0054: OK just one more cause I`m getting a little low on em,Pre 98 Bubba Kush.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Cred
Sierra leon
Time warp
Red bud
TOK- that's not on the list so i'll put it there! lol

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ok I sould tell better what I`m looking for. With the cash crop I need 6 strains and an other 5-6 to make fresh seed and make some starter crosses to work over later.I need to make fresh seed from most of the strains on the list but I`m not able to do that many strains at once.

Motarebel

Motarebel

You've got at least 4 years worth of work ahead of ya on that list,now factor in the size of your bean collection and it's age. You need to get humpin and don't slow down when ya red in the face! lmao!

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

Awesome collection of strains! ! You definitely have some work ahead of you!
Im interested in some cali mist, Cred, and time warp crosses! Is that cali mist some pre96?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
That list is only the tip of the ice berg, I`ve got alot more than that! Now you can see why I really want to get set up in a hurry on my property.I have many years of work ahead of me and the longer it takes to get started.....

R

Reptile

damn brah, thats a LONG list, yeah pre 98 is some nice meds.. Got your work cut out for ya!!
Ok I sould tell better what I`m looking for. With the cash crop I need 6 strains and an other 5-6 to make fresh seed and make some starter crosses to work over later.I need to make fresh seed from most of the strains on the list but I`m not able to do that many strains at once.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I don`t think I`ll have much of a problem with germination.I`ve germinated seeds that were very old before. All my seeds are kept well and many have been refreshed a few times over the years. Still grem rates do drop and I may have lost a few strains already.I have 22,000+ strains so even though I may lose some, I will have more than enough strains to keep me going over my life time. As a big time seed hoe I`m still collecting also!

Top Bottom