Meanwhile, back at The Ranch... the hunt was on fer Aliens and other exotic creatures of loveliness

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Aliendawg's with no real smell......My experience precisely. Something comes out a little but hmmmm.

sky high

sky high

I made hash with her DWD....mixed with some BB trim. You can taste the electrical fire underneath the BB fruitiness of it all but it's not that pronounced. Made some nice chunks of hash tho....

Too bad. Had that smell been heavy and upfront she would have been a no-brainer as a keeper.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Don't feel bad, I only speak from my smoking a friends "keeper." Wasn't around for his show, so don't know what his selection was based on but his best still holds no flame to most else he has in his harem or mine.

O

ojd

wow bro
killing it man with that lemchem

some chunky looking lady

great to see you running some of our stuff and i see you got purple cheddar on deck
you wont be disapointed with that 1

peace

sky high

sky high

Thanks for stoppin in. I'll do a condensed grow report in the Conni section when there's a smoke report to offer so it's easier to find info on your work/these strains.

Can't wait to see what the Purple Cheddar offers up as well. Great work!

Love those fems.... hope there's more goodness in the works.

be well. Thanks for what you do........Respect!

sky high

sky high

Like I've said before....I've had a tough time with the plants grown from seed on the Alien side of this grow. I've refrained from trying to chase the problem....'cus i'm truly perplexed as to what/why/etc. happened to these plants and these plants alone when they/the Lem Chems/Aliendawgs were all transplanted into the same mix....and why my bro grit had much the same problem.... but ..... shit happens...and on we go....

Thankfully the clones are doing AOK.....so whatever the problem was (whatever i fucked up..LOL) isn't long-term.......

But here's some pics anyway.... rough as they are.......they have budded and are taking on their own aromas/etc..... enough to get some sort of an idea of what they may be when grown...um...properly. :rolleyes: Goddamn rookies....

Purple Tahoe Alien #3 on left......PTA #4 on right. 40 days
IMG 0922 1240x929

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya win some ya loose some. Grits are looking great though! Man I miss that girl!

sky high

sky high

Still huntin'.....

The PTA's took it real hard all the way through. I'm pretty sure >something< was off in my soil mix.... dunno what I did.....but needless to say.....this first round are some of the saddest/scrawniest plants I've grown in many years. If I get a z off each (in a 2.5 gal pot) I'll be VERY lucky. HOPEFULLY the taste will come through just the same and I can try to make a decision on who stays and who goes. Early indicators are that #3 is more my style. #4 seems to have a BUBBA smell to it..... which is instant death here...LOL. Just don't like that one.... or it's crosses. (which always just taste like fuckin Bubba)

First round of ARC's...same shit. Sad lookin stuff. 2nd round just went in 12/12 last night though...and they are healthy and rockin'. Again.....HOPEFULLY I'll still get a decent example of taste.... was hopin to narrow the feild. So far...#6 may have the best smell.

Motorbreath/Uberdawgs..... um...... HOLY SHIT. Folks talking about the vigor of the Aliendawgs should run these....LOL. Just sick. Can't wait to see full-on flower formation here. Budset is goin very well......they are MONSTERS.

Went from 2K to 5K with lighting to TRY to keep everyone happy. Holy fuck! Goddamn elec bill is gonna eat my ass but good. Hell...I still need a couple thouie more to really do it right with all these stretchy monsters. Um....Merry Christmas Sky! (pays light bill)

that failed clone run really fucked up my flow and I'm seein it now as all the various waves of cuts are all hitting bloom at the same time.... :rolleyes: Could be worse though.... LOL.

This is comin down today. With everything else goin on...I decided to let this particular one go and go back in the seed stock for another look-see later. She has the structure...and the FROST...but the taste is still a bit lacking for what I'm looking for and I am pretty sure from goin through a few of these now that there's some serious dank hiding in here. Just gotta find it . This plant with a hashy/grapey taste would have been a keeper....... Next time!

White Urkle - 55 days
IMG 0983 1980x2640

blazer

blazer

Nice sky all looking like some dank smoke there, cant wait to see what your uber dawgz do for you later bro!

sky high

sky high

IMG 0985
IMG 0990
IMG 0991
Gonna be some serious fun, blazer. Hopin to find a memorable pheno in this Pisces gear. The Ubers are less stretchy than the MB's, for sure.... but all of 'em are just insanely nice plants.

Here are a few shots of the PTA's. #3 is the taller of the two...and this trait is playing out on the first round of clones as well. Dunno WTF I did to these...but something I did along the way just didn't agree with 'em. Hate to blame anything/anyone but myself. Glad to see the 2nd round of PTA's and ARC's looking VERY nice though. (ARC's hit 12/12 last night).

I definitely hoped for a better showing this go around....but it izz what it izz...

true grit

true grit

white Urk looks great man, but i feel ya. same reason i dropped my cut around here. that and lack of density for some reason once dried.

PTA's look good, developing any smell? And did you only end up with ARC and PTA's, no anogs? One of my arc ended up male, so i got 2 across the board. waiting for roots then its go time....

sky high

sky high

Density wasn't the issue here with this White Urkle. The nugs from this plant are rock hard and have serious bag appeal. The kinda shit you need a grinder for. I was just lookin for more depth in the taste. Everything else was right on. I have 10 seeds left...so am hopeful that I'll find a gem in here yet. Just gotta get the right terpene profile goin!

ALL the ANOG's were MALES. Pissed me off. 6 of 6. Only had that happen once before in 20 years....

2 PTA's and 3 ARC's here . The 1st wave of ARC clone I just sat in bloom are very healthy/about 18 inches tall and in 4 gallon pots.

PTA smells: #3 has a repulsive smell to it that could be interesting. Was really bummin me out trimming it 'cus it just didn't smell on point...that is....til I rubbed my fingers together and took a whiff. Then a kinda spicy thing came to the front....and my interest was piqued. #4 has a slight Bubba kinda thing goin on... that's as close as I can peg it. Put me off at first as well...but again....not gonna poo-poo anything til it hits the pipe. Either way...the 2nd wave are 2X as frosty already...so the struggling along these original moms did definitely took it's toll. If the taste comes through/is appealing....it can only get better the next round, IMO..

Just sucks cus I have to keep all this going another round, basically....before I can do an honest cull of one or all.

The 3 original ARCS are maybe 30 days in.....and are also in the funk mode. 2 are smaller...about 18".... and didn't stretch much. #6 stretched about double...and is the largest of em all. This one may hold promise.... we shall see.

The plant that turned my head first last night is the Purple cheddar. I moved some Lem Chems around and put her in the main light.....and as I did I brushed up against her.....and even though she's just setting bud...maybe 2 weeks in...there's a fruity dank comin of her that is very strong. This reminds me of the BB....stinks from the start....intensely. Could be interesting...

The second head turner is the Uber Dawg #2. She's the one that has the BIG fans......well.....all the leaves up top are much skinnier....and this girl may be a stacker. Standing back and looking at the grouping of LC's, MB's..Uber's and the PC...all at about 2-3 weeks in...this girl sticks out like a sore thumb.....just lots more vegetation/bud forming up and a stature that is incredibly nice. I'll do a photo shoot soon....

Had to raise my lights AGAIN last night. Fuckin A.....it's CROWDED in there...and everything is fuckin HUGE. The failed clone attempts really set me back/set me up for it. I knew if there was any stretch it was gonna get wild...and it has. Gotta go back in an put taller stakes on a few things. Wow. I may have to set up another light in a spare bedroom just to see this all through....LOL.

Remind me next time to not pop so much @ once. :rolleyes: (hopin to find a keeper or two and not do a "next time" for awhile)

onward, through the fog...

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Sounds like things are taking over there lol. I hope you tame them up or get them some new digs. Your lineup has sounded amazing with a good description of smells, thats something I'm not to good at. Good luck with things bro

MWD

K

kuz

Remind me next time to not pop so much @ once. :rolleyes: (hopin to find a keeper or two and not do a "next time" for awhile)

onward, through the fog...

Got to be something in all you got going on.

Talked to the guy I split the pta's with, all males. So 2 fems in the pack. I'm easing up the nutes on anything alien until i get it dialed in some, pta's especially seem like light feeders.

Top Bottom