Mh/hps vs Led

• Thread starter LouieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
airedog

airedog

Supporter
For someone who likes to post so much you could use a thicker skin. Tough out there on the internet.

I suggest you research more before you post.

The grow business is more full of false claims and bullshit marketing that it ever was. I had hoped for better but there is a lot of money to be made on hobbyists.

I turned mine down. Doesnt it even spark your curiosity why i would do that? I am not a rich man and i have awful health. I could use free stuff.

Reminds me of the following "the more things change, the more they stay the same" cartoon;

As to attribution; Peter Steiner drew this for The New Yorker in July 1993.

growsince79

growsince79

Amazon says I get my 100w hlg next wed. Can't wait to compare temp to MH. Any guesses to what the difference is? Winner gets a secret prize.

growsince79

growsince79

What spectrum you get and replacing a HPS?
Got the 3000k. I don't have a 100w hps so I will compare to 100w. MH. I'll wait till the hottest part of the day. I'll turn on the new light and exhaust and wait for temp to stabilize. Then I will turn off the hlg and thin on same wattage MH and wait for temp to stabilize.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got the 3000k. I don't have a 100w hps so I will compare to 100w. MH. I'll wait till the hottest part of the day. I'll turn on the new light and exhaust and wait for temp to stabilize. Then I will turn off the hlg and thin on same wattage MH and wait for temp to stabilize.
You will see a bit more stretch from the hlg 3000k and a bit more foliage from the MH. Ideally MH veg and hlg 3000k flower. I grow start to finish with 3000k because for me the light in flower is much more important than veg.

growsince79

growsince79

You will see a bit more stretch from the hlg 3000k and a bit more foliage from the MH. Ideally MH veg and hlg 3000k flower. I grow start to finish with 3000k because for me the light in flower is much more important than veg.
I use MH for veg and Hps for flower. If the new light can match the hps, I'll buy another one plus a 4000k for veg.

Burgerdude

Burgerdude

Yeah these are the old blurple ones. Bought like 40 of them back in the day. Only 15 of them still work 100%, the rest have issues.

Do try to keep it civil, guys. We're on the same team here 🤠 🚬
Gonna need receipt proof and an FBI lie detector test to confirm.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thinking of making the switch, and buying 3 that's my best option at the moment but also still sceptical

Me too bud. I cant afford the lights i want and dont trust any of these cheaper builds.

I kind of have decided to build my own with the parts I prefer.

On the other hand cmh has come down in price.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Me too bud. I cant afford the lights i want and dont trust any of these cheaper builds.

Where you going to get parts from?

Glassdub

Glassdub

Reckon this would replace a 600w hps? In a 1.2x1.2m
Seems pretty close to this for double the price:
I'm flustered, might have to opt for another SF 2000 to finish my grow, pretty sick of sifting though all these 3rd rate chinese venders, as little as they offer at least it is a comparable modicum of support. 🤷‍♂️

Glassdub

Glassdub

I thought you said you weren't handy. 😂

Top Bottom