Michigan... Strains, pics, and whatever!

• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Prolly the most claim my rig has ever seen, and its still growing, i got another 8-10 grams of bho left to go thru before i need to re-claim it all. Should be interesting to see how much is there when its all said and done... Started with 30 grams of bho so lets see how much of that ended up as claim. . . Stay tuned..

GEDC0002
GEDC0003
GEDC0004

BloodshotGrin

BloodshotGrin

Anyone ever run any seeds from Greenhouse? I have been wanting to run some Super Lemon Haze but a friend tells me that Greenhouse sucks and they tend to hermie? Thoughts?

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Anyone ever run any seeds from Greenhouse? I have been wanting to run some Super Lemon Haze but a friend tells me that Greenhouse sucks and they tend to hermie? Thoughts?
I had one freebie seed of slh and it was bomb. Mad I lost it. I got lucky but others have looked thru them n found real gems. Like cap.

On a separate note. Any garage door guys on here. Is this one ruined. Something fell in the track this am and when my wife tried to shut it, well..... Can it be repaired or do I need a new one???

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I had one freebie seed of slh and it was bomb. Mad I lost it. I got lucky but others have looked thru them n found real gems. Like cap.

View attachment 473829 On a separate note. Any garage door guys on here. Is this one ruined. Something fell in the track this am and when my wife tried to shut it, well..... Can it be repaired or do I need a new one???

Ouch not as bad as what happend to mine a cpl months back whole door crumpled up, yours looks repairable but your gonna have to call the repair guys to see..

Good luck!

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Q. Why is cold water not recommended for concentrates?
A. We can answer this two ways, scientifically and simply:

1. Scientifically: Many concentrates are solid-state at room temperature. The tiny bubbles (~80 microns) the apparatus produces have a very large surface area compared to their internal volume. This allows for thorough scrubbing of water-soluble molecules from the vapor, with considerable heat-exchange from the warmed vapor to water as well. If too much heat is removed from the vapor, it returns to solid state, clogging the disc from the underside with formerly-volatilized components that you wanted to taste and feel.
  2. Simply: Oil, when heated to become a gas, wants to become solid again as soon as it cools. The smaller a piece of something hot is broken down to, the faster it cools. Our tiny bubbles cool your hot oil REALLY fast and cold water makes it happen too fast…Which is why you are staring at a solid disc filled with congealed oil.
Cold-water clogs are easily cleaned with hot water.

Q. Can I get an ice-pinch?A. Ice is unnecessary and counter-productive in a Rooster®. It also gets the apparatus filthy almost instantly. We do not recommend using ice and do not produce a piece for it.

Hey @LittleDabbie
I know you know a lot more about oil than me and also I know you reuse your reclaim for meds but I ran across this when trying to figure out why my fritted disc piece clogged so fast. Since I started using warm out of the tap water it hasn't clogged as fast and I haven't noticed much of a difference if any in the hit. I do not use steaming hot water cuz I don't want to inhale steam. The piece stays so much cleaner. I haven't smoked 30 gs of hash in the last year so it may not make a difference

stonestacker

stonestacker

Fuck! My hats off to all you MI farmers. The dank that is grown just makes me realize just how much I have to learn!
Ya'll set the bar VERY HIGH.
This crop is looking promising but still not up to most of what I see posted here. Still 15 days + or - to go
Skywalker
DSC00785

Bad pic of a Gorilla Glue
DSC00786

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Q. Why is cold water not recommended for concentrates?
A. We can answer this two ways, scientifically and simply:

1. Scientifically: Many concentrates are solid-state at room temperature. The tiny bubbles (~80 microns) the apparatus produces have a very large surface area compared to their internal volume. This allows for thorough scrubbing of water-soluble molecules from the vapor, with considerable heat-exchange from the warmed vapor to water as well. If too much heat is removed from the vapor, it returns to solid state, clogging the disc from the underside with formerly-volatilized components that you wanted to taste and feel.
  2. Simply: Oil, when heated to become a gas, wants to become solid again as soon as it cools. The smaller a piece of something hot is broken down to, the faster it cools. Our tiny bubbles cool your hot oil REALLY fast and cold water makes it happen too fast…Which is why you are staring at a solid disc filled with congealed oil.
Cold-water clogs are easily cleaned with hot water.

Q. Can I get an ice-pinch?A. Ice is unnecessary and counter-productive in a Rooster®. It also gets the apparatus filthy almost instantly. We do not recommend using ice and do not produce a piece for it.

Hey @LittleDabbie
I know you know a lot more about oil than me and also I know you reuse your reclaim for meds but I ran across this when trying to figure out why my fritted disc piece clogged so fast. Since I started using warm out of the tap water it hasn't clogged as fast and I haven't noticed much of a difference if any in the hit. I do not use steaming hot water cuz I don't want to inhale steam. The piece stays so much cleaner. I haven't smoked 30 gs of hash in the last year so it may not make a difference

Yeah i wouldn't run ice cold water in my oil rig, but a bong i would.. Not much i can do about the water reaching room temp so i just run with whatever temp it is when i smoke..

same principle as distillation really heating something to its vapor point then cooling it back down to condense it back to its liquid or solid form.

stonestacker

stonestacker

View attachment 473829 On a separate note. Any garage door guys on here. Is this one ruined. Something fell in the track this am and when my wife tried to shut it, well..... Can it be repaired or do I need a new one???
No overhead door pro but have hung a few. I would think you could fix that. See if you can get that piece of bent metal off and straighten it and reattach or replace.
The worst would be to replace the one section of door. The dangerous part of overhead is the spring so just be careful and use common sense. Or call a pro.
gl

R

rascali

That Trainwreck in my last shot was GH's selfed version of the Arcata cut. Like most strains, it can throw a banana late in harvest, but they are rarely fertile and never a problem. It may just be me, but everyone seems to love it… lol

Top Bottom