Michigan... Strains, pics, and whatever!

• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leafdoctor1

leafdoctor1

20150109 003332
some gsc

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Q. Why is cold water not recommended for concentrates?
A. We can answer this two ways, scientifically and simply:

1. Scientifically: Many concentrates are solid-state at room temperature. The tiny bubbles (~80 microns) the apparatus produces have a very large surface area compared to their internal volume. This allows for thorough scrubbing of water-soluble molecules from the vapor, with considerable heat-exchange from the warmed vapor to water as well. If too much heat is removed from the vapor, it returns to solid state, clogging the disc from the underside with formerly-volatilized components that you wanted to taste and feel.
  2. Simply: Oil, when heated to become a gas, wants to become solid again as soon as it cools. The smaller a piece of something hot is broken down to, the faster it cools. Our tiny bubbles cool your hot oil REALLY fast and cold water makes it happen too fast…Which is why you are staring at a solid disc filled with congealed oil.
Cold-water clogs are easily cleaned with hot water.

Q. Can I get an ice-pinch?A. Ice is unnecessary and counter-productive in a Rooster®. It also gets the apparatus filthy almost instantly. We do not recommend using ice and do not produce a piece for it.

Hey @LittleDabbie
I know you know a lot more about oil than me and also I know you reuse your reclaim for meds but I ran across this when trying to figure out why my fritted disc piece clogged so fast. Since I started using warm out of the tap water it hasn't clogged as fast and I haven't noticed much of a difference if any in the hit. I do not use steaming hot water cuz I don't want to inhale steam. The piece stays so much cleaner. I haven't smoked 30 gs of hash in the last year so it may not make a difference

I have two worked roosters. I clean them every other day. One for snaps and the other for dabs. Love it. The disc just clogs man try using the fitted disc inserts that come for the slide they help also just smoking dewaxed hash helps a shitton just clean it every two days!

Top Bottom