Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Haha yeah I’ll change stuff up here and there I want a nice full top so I’ll get her up under that first net nice and give her another topping or 2 lol, then see what she does

Should be fun 😁might design some funky offset options with multi levels lol
I want to make little trays screwed onto Tees. And attach to the top of my +. Then I can put my lettuce or other small plants in.

They die under the canopy in SCROG.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah I’m using the wire racks in the 4x8 for lettucegunna start some fresh, next is to work on shelving I the 4x8 I’m gunna flower in the 4x4 under the FD 6500

The racks can be adjusted by the inch but they’ll stay in the 4x8
The 4 x 8's have water channels so you don't really need to lift the cloth pots off the floor to get aeriation.

I'd like to see an adjustable plant stand that you can move up or down by spinning the plate to adjust height.

Something like this:

Tom dixon screw bar stool p1697 10093 medium

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Getting close to flower or are you gonna pot that girl
Up again?

She’s gunna get up potted to a 5 gallon bucket right now in fact I was just talking to a few people before I got to it and then my scrog table nets came in lol

This will be the final up-pot but using the veg Gaia blend from @Shaded_One method and strawberry fields, I’ll let her veg out under the new 2x4 scrog table I made yesterday and once it’s full I’ll top dress with the 2/8/4 wait a week and flip

Table build is up above from yesterday I’ll post pics once I have the nets on

8010C961 3164 4A9D 81AA 908F64238E48
3E2EEC11 E31C 48BE 8C51 077DCC95046E
8A20A65D CBFF 4210 98EA 45DC45A2EFEB
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Adjustable height plant stands.
Won’t help. It’s a 3x3 in SCROG. My shelf will connect to the top of my SCROG leg. Which is a + not a tee. This will let me put it in one of four positions at whatever hight I cut the 3/4 pvc to.

Like a pole light shelf from the 70’s. 😝

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

She’s gunna get up potted to a 5 gallon bucket right now in fact I was just talking to a few people before I got to it and then my scrog table nets came in lol

This will be the final up-pot but using the veg Gaia blend from @Shaded_One method and strawberry fields, I’ll let her veg out under the new 2x4 scrog table I made yesterday and once it’s full I’ll top dress with the 2/8/4 wait a week and flip

Ah, I was talking about this crap.
F5D05630 56E7 4E79 B3DA C1D4992E3479

It cuts as it’s just plastic stretched into a net shape. Not a braided rope.

F21E5F1F BBF5 49EC 96B7 E146FB669869

Two on left are thick bendable rather than snap. Right one is more plastic and snaps under stress.

I heat the middle and twist so they go past the locking hasp. That way they can’t get pulled open.

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ah, I was talking about this crap.
View attachment 1348105
It cuts as it’s just plastic stretched into a net shape. Not a braided rope.

View attachment 1348106
Two on left are thick bendable rather than snap. Right one is more plastic and snaps under stress.

I heat the middle and twist so they go past the locking hasp. That way they can’t get pulled open.
Ahh I got ya, heading over to that project now just got Frostette into a 5 gallon bucket lol

Made and then ran these buckets last time, they did awesome roots where bound right into the screen I put at the bottom, they use the whole bucket lol, I left the top a bit low, gotta plan for top feeding at least a few times

Myco in the new soil mix as well as all roots dusted with myco 😁

4CA24CAE EBDC 457B A22F 032C67FF4EE8
A2C4EAAD 314E 485B 8323 9400EF7665D2
565672FD 15BB 4157 B544 335718977B77
73C66600 5F4D 4FEC BE69 99822C8CA447
B70B2BAE D659 4D58 9263 EFDD5561EF10
E0ABFAF4 B311 4C0C 8FDB 0FB417CFC2F2
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Nice!

Did a lot of the same but asked G$ For nute advice. He and GNick are helping me get around deficiencies, feeding and identifying them early.

At least until I piss them off enough. 🤣

Might have to add you to the list. 👀

No plans to hydro but like your style of DIY.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nice!

Did a lot of the same but asked G$ For nute advice. He and GNick are helping me get around deficiencies, feeding and identifying them early.

At least until I piss them off enough. 🤣

Might have to add you to the list. 👀

No plans to hydro but like your style of DIY.
Haha yeah there always down to help, I’m more of a tinker-er lol but I’ll help where I can, Scrog is done, i used zip ties for now, but she’s pretty tight so it’s nice

Frostette is up potted, scrog is ready, I’ll have to rearrange the veggie treys and and few other things so I can get the 4x4 freed up for her, and I’ll have to figure out RH, no humidifier in the 4x4, maybe I’ll throw one of the tomato plants in there and a pepper plant to add extra transpiration but we’re in progress!

44E20E94 0F10 4517 B600 671C740575F3
C2628F7A 0447 4B99 914A B2F0450934C0
767BFF68 22F1 40C0 8CB7 91C547026EA1
A98B0449 E8FD 4C02 B9C5 A2078071899C
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Now that I’m thinking about it I wish I bought the 20 gallon nursery pot when I was looking at it, next plant that goes under the net will be in a 20gallon pot and only dedicated to the 2x4 net, wanna see total weight on both after complete,

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Haha yeah there always down to help, I’m more of a tinker-er lol but I’ll help where I can, Scrog is done, i used zip ties for now, but she’s pretty tight so it’s nice

Frostette is up potted, scrog is ready, I’ll have to rearrange the veggie treys and and few other things so I can get the 4x4 freed up for her, and I’ll have to figure out RH, no humidifier in the 4x4, maybe I’ll throw one of the tomato plants in there and a pepper plant to add extra transpiration but we’re in progress!
Only reason I didn’t use zip ties is I want to be able to remove the table without trying to cut or undo things. The shower rings I can do with one hand and by touch rather than sight. Then leave the net in place and remove frame.

Looks great. Nice and tight. You could probably hang it like CG does. She just uses the legs temporarily. I have to little space with the light dominant.

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Only reason I didn’t use zip ties is I want to be able to remove the table without trying to cut or undo things. The shower rings I can do with one hand and by touch rather than sight. Then leave the net in place and remove frame.

Looks great. Nice and tight. You could probably hang it like CG does. She just uses the legs temporarily. I have to little space with the light dominant.
Oh I hear ya haha if I was doing a big 4x4 or 4x8 this would not be the way to go, but since I’ll be able to reach the full canopy easily being only 2 feet deep it should be OK I’m also trying to *KINDA* be OCD and try to evenly space the buds, couple side shoots getting close to even with her top so I’ll top those ones soon, then then next ones to reach the top, I’ll do that for the next 2 weeks then spread her under the scrog and see where we’re at as far as spread of the first screen, then everything that comes through the first screen I want to top after the first or 2nd node, it’s kinda a wait and see how she fills in but I’d like the 2nd net to be at 6-8” from the first if possible

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yooo mike!! Been absent but catching back up. Frostette is looking great man and man you’re going to love the smell!! Can’t wait to see how all our variations
Haha yeah for sure she stinks already! I can only imagine the heaven your tent smells like 😇 I Just got her in this 5 gallon pot and will get her scrogged out once she picks up from transition, been a few hours but no droop or anything, got her on time lapse so we’ll see how she reacts to the transplant 😁. but I have plans in the future for hopefully 2 of her clones 😁 have a build started above for a cloner but also have some parts coming for another idea lol

Not for this run I have an idea how I want her to look when I’m done, she grows like crazy so we’ll see what she does!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

I’ll take 4 of these but for 4x8 size please 😁

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I’ll take 4 of these but for 4x8 size please 😁
including 2 runs to the store I built that in about 3 ish hours while doing some other stuff at the same time lol, only change I’d make of building 4x8 would be to add an additional leg and support to the riser in the middle of each 8’ side so you don’t get droop and I’d probably add a cross bar to both levels so you don’t get a lot of draw in on the pipes when you’re tightening up the net, the nets I got where 5’x30’ with 3.5” squares for 8.99/pack so

You could probably skip the cross bars if you upped pipe diameter to 1-1/4” pipe and it’s easier to find funky fittings in 1-1/4” than anything else these are soid for a 2x4 and I would say the same for 4x4 using the 3/4” but those 8’ lengths I’d prefer larger diameter pipe, it would still probably be the cheapest and sturdiest option, as well as the most adjustable option you could find

Latest posts

Top Bottom