Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So you are going to mix the 4-4-4 in to the soil for your up pot? Sounds like a great weekend : )
Yep and done! 50/50 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 8TBS of each so 16TBS per pot plus 2tbs azomite, 2tbs epsom, 2tbs gypsum

Mix that with 5 1 gal pots of promix per plant (plus 25% added perlite in addition to what it comes with) pot up and leave at least 3-4” of head space in each pot so you can top dress and cover with additional soil mid flower, these will fill for about a week and flip to flower

Light is pulling 400w atm, so about 50% at 16” or so,

Feelin scroggy?

IMG 3112
IMG 3113
IMG 3114
IMG 3115
IMG 3126
IMG 3133
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Feelin scroggy?
After getting my “20gal” (they’re really 25gal) fabric pots, yes I am feeling scroggy! Hahaha. Maybe a few 7 gallons under my makeshift led : ) the 25s are going outside I guess hahaha.

Thanks for breaking that down! Your space and plants look awesome! Do you use that “open space” in front of the trellis for the plants to grow or is that working space for when you’re in there?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
After getting my “20gal” (they’re really 25gal) fabric pots, yes I am feeling scroggy! Hahaha. Maybe a few 7 gallons under my makeshift led : ) the 25s are going outside I guess hahaha.

Thanks for breaking that down! Your space and plants look awesome! Do you use that “open space” in front of the trellis for the plants to grow or is that working space for when you’re in there?
Working space only I hate being crowded, it gives a nice large air pocket to circulate as well to keep RH and temp stable, the light is a FC-E8000 that I cut in half to make 2’x8’ specifically for this lol, it’s a 800w light, will pull 840 from the wall

Yeah I measure with “1 gallon” plastic pots, a 5 gallon bucket equates to about 8-9 1 gallon pots to fill but I still use 5 gallons as the medium amount when measuring out amendments

I was considering 2x 10 gal nursery pots instead of the 4x 5gals but maybe next time lol it’s the humidity that makes me nervous running anything bigger than 5’s I don’t usually need my dehu running when I set up like this

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Working space only I hate being crowded, it gives a nice large air pocket to circulate as well to keep RH and temp stable, the light is a FC-E8000 that I cut in half to make 2’x8’ specifically for this lol, it’s a 800w light, will pull 840 from the wall
I like that! You’ve given me an idea for my space when im able to get the plants into whatever their end pot will be haha.
Thats a great idea for the light!
Thats a valid concern on pot size! As im new to the indoor im realizing even in 1gal the humidity is crazy without proper ventilation or dehumidification!

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Yeah I measure with “1 gallon” plastic pots, a 5 gallon bucket equates to about 8-9 1 gallon pots to fill but I still use 5 gallons as the medium amount when measuring out amendments

I was considering 2x 10 gal nursery pots instead of the 4x 5gals but maybe next time lol it’s the humidity that makes me nervous running anything bigger than 5’s I don’t usually need my dehu running when I set up like this
I always thought it was weird 1g nursery pots really hold 2.9qt... lol don't get me started on how i feel about lumber

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I like that! You’ve given me an idea for my space when im able to get the plants into whatever their end pot will be haha.
Thats a great idea for the light!
Thats a valid concern on pot size! As im new to the indoor im realizing even in 1gal the humidity is crazy without proper ventilation or dehumidification!
Yeah it’s always been my pet peeve keeping the RH low haha
I always thought it was weird 1g nursery pots really hold 2.9qt... lol don't get me started on how i feel about lumber
i know right! I’m like ok a 5 gallon pot, use 5 gallons, plus put in a plant that’s in a 3 gallon nursery pot and still room for 2.5-3 more gallons haha

Lumber… don’t even get me started 🤣

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Morning all, gettin some heads to turn up have a pretty full first net already. Gotta pick up a few more tees and elbows and I’ll never the 2nd level built up, would like to get it installed and lights flipped by next Friday 😁

Stretch should fill out the 2nd level nicely already decent coverage off the start

D03F278FB83C 1711366771
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Evening all, Did a quick 1st stage defol on the plants I like to do about 1/3 then I’ll work the branches up the last 1/3 to the net next time, probably about a week right about when I get the next net set up

Rearranged some tops into some empty spots, once I do the next defol I’ll remove any previously damaged leaves, I’ll probably be beggin to remove leaves by then anyways 🤣

IMG 3146
IMG 3147
IMG 3150
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
Evening all, Did a quick 1st stage defol on the plants I like to do about 1/3 then I’ll work the branches up the last 1/3 to the net next time, probably about a week right about when I get the next net set up

Rearranged some tops into some empty spots, once I do the next defol I’ll remove any previously damaged leaves, I’ll probably be beggin to remove leaves by then anyways 🤣
Your setup is always so well organized and professional looking, awesome job ✌

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nice usage of the rack!! Great idea!
Thanks fam! Those black buckets are horse feed buckets, hard plastic, I drilled a hole in the bottom on one side of each one, that’s so I can put those 1020 treys underneath the rack and let any runoff run into them, so much easier to just pull out the trey and dump it been doing that on my scrogs for awhile now, I don’t usually water to runoff (organics) so there not usually much in there but for those few instances I over water I know it has somewhere to go

Your setup is always so well organized and professional looking, awesome job ✌
Thanks canna! I view the grow space as important as the plants themselves, for the most part it’s mostly aesthetics but hygiene is always an important role (at least to me it is)

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
How’s it goin everyone! Update time! Still hitting them with the cal mag. But major improvement and growth is outta control now they really kicked it into high gear, net is filling in fast I’ve been adjusting daily as I see takeoffs, might be flipping by the end of next week, gunna get the 2nd net built and set up, set to 7” separation, let the tops just barely start to peek through and flip em for the stretch

Gotta hit the lowers again and really clean them out now that I’ll be off for a week

IMG 3171
IMG 3179
IMG 3184
IMG 3185
IMG 3187
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Got bored.. and baked… and went to town, , letting the cali dream fill in a shade more from the lowers, all 3x cali blues are about ready to let them go will fill in solid I believe

I’m guessing I have 3x the nodes I need to fill in the 2nd net, might set the net at 5” instead of 7”

IMG 3193
IMG 3196
IMG 3197
IMG 3198
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well we’ve been curing for a bit now here’s the lineup

Cali Blues #1 (Freak) it held the blueberry hardcore, when I burp the jars up close it is a deep stink almost musky, but stand back and holy shit it overtakes everything, whole house smells like blueberry in minutes glad clones of her is 3/4 of the current run 😁
IMG 3204
IMG 3205
IMG 3206

Cali Blues #2 very light berry smell still leafy but smelling good!, needs another week of curing still
IMG 3208
IMG 3209
IMG 3211

Cali Dream #1 haven’t tried her out yet but smells great! Kinda brings back sort of a candy / wintergreen aroma
IMG 3212
IMG 3213
IMG 3215

Cali Dream #2 huge buds, top is folded over standing straight up in a half gallon mason jar, by far largest buds, they smell great, can’t pinpoint flavor yet but great stone already!
IMG 3216
IMG 3217
IMG 3219

Great stuff @Captspaulding ! Thanks again! Let’s see how hard I can push the clones in the scrog, already changing my mind might get the 3x tees I need tomorrow, get the end net on and just flip em, get this show on the road!

Latest posts

Top Bottom